Favorite Sports Entertainers.....Pro Wrasslin!!!

Football, Baseball, Basketball, Hockey, it's all here

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

Walkinghairball
Location: In a rock an roll venue near you....as long as you are in the Pacific Northwest.

Post by Walkinghairball »

What's the deal with VKM???

I was watching Smack Down the other night, and he was being very odd.
This space for rent
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

Walkinghairball wrote:What's the deal with VKM???

I was watching Smack Down the other night, and he was being very odd.
He's doing the "mental" angle again after Lashley got the
ECW belt back...

I can't believe they made Benoit "job" to MVP on Smackdown...

Where's New Jack and Sabu when you need 'em...?[/b]
Don't start none...won't be none.
funky cm

Post by funky cm »

Benoit's dead

to me this hit's harder than Guerrero
Walkinghairball
Location: In a rock an roll venue near you....as long as you are in the Pacific Northwest.

funky cm wrote:Benoit's dead

to me this hit's harder than Guerrero
Pro wrestler Benoit, family found dead
Associated Press, Updated 1 hour ago

FAYETTEVILLE, Ga. (AP) - WWE wrestler Chris Benoit, his wife, and son were found dead Monday and police said they were investigating the deaths as a murder-suicide.

Detective Bo Turner told television station WAGA that the case was being treated as a murder-suicide, but said that couldn't be confirmed until evidence was examined by a crime lab.
The station said that investigators believe the 40-year-old Benoit killed his wife, Nancy, and 7-year-old son, Daniel, over the weekend, then himself on Monday. A neighbor called police, and the bodies were found in three rooms.

Lead investigator Lt. Tommy Pope, of the Fayette County Sheriff's Department, told The Associated Press the deaths were being investigated as homicide, and that the causes of death awaited autopsy results on Tuesday. Pope said the bodies were discovered about 2:30 p.m., but refused to release details.

The house is in a secluded neighborhood set back about 60 yards off a gravel road, surrounded by stacked stone wall and a double-iron gate. On Monday night, the house was dark except for a few outside lights. There was a police car in front, along with two uniformed officers.

Benoit was a former world heavyweight and Intercontinental champion. He also held several tag-team titles during his career.
"WWE extends its sincerest thoughts and prayers to the Benoit family's relatives and loved ones in this time of tragedy," the federation said in a statement on its Web site.

Benoit was scheduled to perform at the "Vengeance" pay-per-view event Sunday night in Houston, but was replaced at the last minute because of what announcer Jim Ross called "personal reasons."

The native of Canada maintained a home in metro Atlanta from the time he wrestled for the defunct World Championship Wrestling.

The WWE canceled its live "Monday Night RAW" card in Corpus Christi, Texas, and USA Network aired a three-hour tribute to Benoit in place of the scheduled wrestling telecast.

"My relationship with Chris has extended many years and I consider him a great friend," Carl DeMarco, the president of WWE Canada, said in a statement. "Chris was always first-class ? warm, friendly, caring and professional one of the best in our business."
This space for rent
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

That just rocked us last night. I have mixed emotions about it.

On the one hand, he was one of my fave rasslers of all time.

It hurts to see him gone so suddenly.

On the other....damn y'all...he(allegedly)killed his family. :cry:

My heart goes out to them all.

Chavo was a mess last night....and rightly so.

That was hard to watch.
Middle Kingdom

Post by Middle Kingdom »

I don't think that other than
how it went down, we'll ever know why it happened.
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

True dat Brudda, but it still sucks long and hard.

He'll be missed here. He was one-of-a-kind, and
there'll never be another like him.

It was classy how Dean Malenko admitted on camera
that he allowed Benoit to use the crossface as his
(Benoit's) signature finishing move.

If Malenko had used it, would the outcome of personal
fame have been any different? I don't think so.

They were BOTH awesome to watch ply their craft.

Another era of professional wrestling is dwindling away.

I'm glad to have been watching it.
Last edited by CygnusX1 on Tue Jun 26, 2007 7:36 am, edited 3 times in total.
Walkinghairball

A wretched case of tragic stupidity.

Sucks.
This space for rent
YYZ30

Post by YYZ30 »

I'm beyond stunned- I just woke up and read this.

Its a sad thing that this happened, but like Siggy said dude killed his own family.
Last edited by YYZ30 on Tue Jun 26, 2007 8:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Walkinghairball

YYZ30 wrote:I'm beyond stunned- I just woke up to read this.
Sorry K.
This space for rent
YYZ30

Post by YYZ30 »

Walkinghairball wrote:
Sorry K.
Thanks- this came out of left field.
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

YYZ30 wrote:
Walkinghairball wrote:
Sorry K.
Thanks- this came out of left field.
Ditto K.....it hit everybody like a punch to the gut.
Sorry Bro.
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

Here's the latest on Chris Benoit:

Autopsy Pending in Apparent Murder-Suicide; Wrestler Chris Benoit, Family Dead

FAYETTEVILLE, Ga. (AP) -- Pro wrestler Chris Benoit canceled a pay-per-view appearance at the "Vengeance" event in Houston because of "personal reasons" a day before he, his wife and their 7-year-old son were found dead in an apparent murder-suicide.

Details of the deaths "are going to prove a little bizarre" when released to the public, Fayette County District Attorney Scott Ballard told the Atlanta Journal-Constitution. Autopsies were scheduled Tuesday by the Georgia Bureau of Investigation in DeKalb County.

Authorities were investigating the deaths at a secluded Fayette County home as a murder-suicide and were not seeking any suspects.

Investigators believe Benoit, killed his wife and son over the weekend and then himself sometime Monday. The bodies were found Monday afternoon in three different rooms of the house on Green Meadow Lane, in a subdivision off a gravel road about two miles from the Whitewater Country Club.

Ballard told The Associated Press a gun was not used in any of the deaths. But he declined to say how the three died.

"We're pretty sure we know, but we want to confirm it with the crime lab," Ballard said early Tuesday.

Fayette County Coroner C.J. Mowell did not return phone calls. The answering service for his funeral home said he was out of town.

World Wrestling Entertainment said on its Web site that it asked authorities to check on Benoit and his family after being alerted by friends who received "several curious text messages sent by Benoit early Sunday morning."

Sheriff's Lt. Tommy Pope told WSB-TV that the three were found about 2:30 p.m., but he wouldn't release other details.

Stamford, Conn.-based WWE also said on its Web site it had been asked by authorities not to release further information on the deaths of Benoit, 40; his wife, Nancy, 43; and son, Daniel.

Benoit was born in Montreal. He was a former world heavyweight champion, Intercontinental champion and held several tag-team titles over his career. He was known by several names including "The Canadian Crippler."

"WWE extends its sincerest thoughts and prayers to the Benoit family's relatives and loved ones in this time of tragedy," the company said in a statement on its Web site.

Benoit had maintained a home in metro Atlanta from the time he wrestled for the defunct World Championship Wrestling.

The WWE canceled its live "Monday Night RAW" card in Corpus Christi, Texas, and USA Network aired a three-hour tribute to Benoit in place of the scheduled wrestling telecast.

Benoit's wife managed several wrestlers and went by the stage name, "Woman," The Atlanta Journal-Constitution reported.

They met when her then-husband drew up a script that had them involved in a relationship as part of an ongoing story line on World Championship Wrestling, the newspaper said.

Benoit has two other children from a prior relationship.
Middle Kingdom

Post by Middle Kingdom »

Stranglulation maybe?

It's a shame.
Walkinghairball

Here is the latest I have found......

Report: Benoit deaths were murder-suicide
Associated Press, Updated 52 minutes ago

FAYETTEVILLE, Ga. (AP) - Pro wrestler Chris Benoit strangled his wife and smothered his son before hanging himself in his weight room, a law enforcement official close to the investigation told The Associated Press on Tuesday.

Authorities also said they are investigating whether steroids may have been a factor in the deaths of Benoit, his wife and their 7-year-old son. Steroid abuse has been linked to depression, paranoia, and aggressive behavior or angry outbursts known as "roid rage."
This space for rent