By-torian's original music and recordings

Music outside of Rush

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

Ogg

Post by Ogg »

Sir Myghin wrote:was recording some guitarowkr today, but my program kept screwing up on the lady's computer (not much works on my x64 OS) It was going alright with some simple rhythm guitar, (overly simple but i don't see much else i could tie on it) the rhythm guitar will however make a better platform for leads than the bass alone was.
Wuh? :-D :-D :-D

My real (younger) brother is wondering what all the fuss is about as he's witnessing his first BT session here :-) Accusations of 'geekiness' are flying thick and fast but as he's neither a music fan or musician what does he know anyway? :-)

Continuing with the archive trend I offer three from the Ogg vault. Of genuine interest I hope as this is the quality that our latest meanderings should arrive at and these feature crystal clear vocals, something our live jamming/recording lack. Dan on acoustic geetar/vocals and myself on the bongos...I thank you.

Husk 'Tear Duct' acoustic

http://www.savefile.com/files/1308707 or
http://www.savefile.com/download/130870 ... 284cc22516

Husk 'My Dragon Photo' acoustic (posted this before)

http://www.savefile.com/files/1308713 or
http://www.savefile.com/download/130871 ... 284cc22516

...and now for something completley different :-)

A piss about between Dan and myself on keyboard, drum machine and 'Ableton Live' software.

Husk 'Well Done' Techno Version (!!!)

http://www.savefile.com/files/1308714 or
http://www.savefile.com/download/130871 ... 284cc22516

:-)

Please let me know if the links are working. thanks.
Walkinghairball
Location: In a rock an roll venue near you....as long as you are in the Pacific Northwest.

Post by Walkinghairball »

I got Tear Duct to play!!!!!!!

Still having trouble with the others downloading to my work PC.

I like this a lot. Not distorted at all. You gonna give us some lyrics sometime soon too?????
This space for rent
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

Walkinghairball wrote:I got Tear Duct to play!!!!!!!

Still having trouble with the others downloading to my work PC.

I like this a lot. Not distorted at all. You gonna give us some lyrics sometime soon too?????
I got it too! BRILLIANT! How did you get the "spaciousness"?

I like the huge "room" feel! Great stuff D. \m/ \m/
Don't start none...won't be none.
Big Blue Owl

Post by Big Blue Owl »

Sir Myghin wrote: (overly simple but i don't see much else i could tie on it) the rhythm guitar will however make a better platform for leads than the bass alone was.
Right on, Myg. I've been there, trying to decide about a guitar bed track or leaving the bass to handle all of the backing to a solo (making it sort-of a solo in itself) or slamming some guitar in there to fill the leaky holes. Keep kicking it until it's right, then share it with us, eh?
My real (younger) brother is wondering what all the fuss is about as he's witnessing his first BT session here Accusations of 'geekiness' are flying thick and fast but as he's neither a music fan or musician what does he know anyway?

I couldn't feel more sorry for the guy. Imagine, being neither a musician or a person who likes music. Life would seem...hollow...scary. :smt087

A great set of songs, BrOgg. The first two would be perfect on the beach with a bonfire, lots of people partying and joining in. I really like the lyrics and titles as well. Clever stuff throughout. As Cyg said, they sound very BIG. The guitar and drum are happily married.
The song Well Done could be a fave in a rave, man. I ran sound at a rave once (and only once) and people were going spastic at this kind of rhythm, beat and melody. In fact, it was a tune like this that got them so excited, they smashed the bathrooms to bits!

A huge BRAVO is in order. Tell Dan that as well, ok?
ElfDude

Post by ElfDude »

Walkinghairball wrote:I got Tear Duct to play!!!!!!!
Me too! And it's pretty cool! :cool:

I have to get kids to school and me to work and stuff now, so I'll have to try the others later.
Aren't you the guy who hit me in the eye?
ElfDude

Post by ElfDude »

awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

^^^^
The real reason no By-torian wants music to be cut in public schools.
Onward and Upward!
Sir Myghin

Post by Sir Myghin »

Here is what I've been working on:

http://www.mediamax.com/sirmyghin/Hoste ... ields2.mp3
http://www.mediamax.com/sirmyghin/Hoste ... 281%29.mp3

One is slightly better mixed than the other, cannot remember which it is though... They ar every close to eachother either way. It may not be too loud on some speakers.

The mixing is garbage, I had it mixed on a laptop (all i can record onto) then transfered it to my PC with 5.1, had to remix it and it is decent sounding on my 5.1. Would have liked to do more with it but with a constantly crashing recording program i take what i can get. The lead guitar came out very strange, and I couldn't get it to sound how I wanted, its fairly bright but thick, can blame my bridge pickup for that, it is all I used figured it would give the best scream, once again not quite as i wanted it to turn out. The rhythm guitar is my guitar with neck and middle (twinblades, thats what they sound like elf) with a slight ammount of distortion added.

So, sorry to dissappoint if there was a build up, need to get some good recording gear this summer, stuff that won't drive me to hell.

Even had to export it to realplayer files (otherwise my thing would crash) converting to MP3 was a trip on its own...

Cheers

Kyle
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

Cool! I will check those out when I am home as the jazz is a bit loud to listen now.
Onward and Upward!
Walkinghairball
Location: In a rock an roll venue near you....as long as you are in the Pacific Northwest.

Cool stuff Myg.

Post something you feel better about soon K????

Not that that was bad, but with what you didn't like, when you feel better about it,.................post it.

We will still be here to listen and enjoy.
I hear my idea of what you were going for, but you said this and that was wrong.

Know what I mean????
This space for rent
Sir Myghin

Post by Sir Myghin »

can't say I follow you, but it will likely be a good while before we see much more from me, it was just too must frustration when your program crashes after every other action. The bass line had potential and i am always very hard on myself, still hanging in my head so it can't be as bad as i thought but still nothing great. My biggest grievance is the marchish sound, wasn't what I was intending to do with it. The rest is all production BS.

Had some really groovey jams tonite though, i was picking the axe from time to time. We had another guitarist show up for our practice, it was interesting. Shame none of it was recorded.
Last edited by Sir Myghin on Sat Jan 12, 2008 11:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Walkinghairball

Shame none of it was recorded.

It is mostly like that Myg.
This space for rent
ElfDude

Post by ElfDude »

Well, between all the cool stuff you guys are doing and my new keyboard, I decided it was time to try laying down a few tracks and see what came out. I haven't had a recording session like this for a long time. Last year and the year before they were all about trying to write kids songs. This one was pure self-indulgence. Something kinda new-agey (though not exactly) came out of it. Lemme know what you think.

Again, I'd suggest right-clicking on the link and saving the file to play it. Here you go.

http://matt.purescience.com/songs_/Pass ... Newman.mp3
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

That is relaxing! And trippy too, when you watch the Windows Media graphics as it plays.

That new keyboard of yours is benefitting us now seeing as how we are getting tunes from it!
:-D
Onward and Upward!
Sir Myghin

Post by Sir Myghin »

second i turned that one on elf just started groovy, very relaxing. I like