Wembley Sep 9

Something to do with Rush coming up? Post it here.

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

Slaine mac Roth

Wembley Sep 9

Post by Slaine mac Roth »

Just back from London after last night's gig and all I can say is that it was awesome! Wembley Arena was packed and a sauna with a crowd who, on the whole, were determined to give the guys a big welcome back.

The set remained the same as it has throughout the NA dates and really flowed.

Due to my seat (up in the gods slightly in front of the stage), I wasn't able to see much of the light show. Similarly, my position meant the sound mix wasn't at its best (the wash from the FOH PA interfered slightly with the PA pointing at us). However a friend of min who had a seat at the back said both were spot on.

I think I've got to say its the best time I've seen Rush as all three of them were so full of energy (although Al was looking very tired at the end). The Strangiato rant was something to do with him having a nightmare that he'd forgotten how to play the piece before waking up to find he really had and was forced to play something else. Due to the cameras, you could see Neil's lips twitching in a few half-smiles while Geddy seemed to be p***ing himself.

Just awesome.
'Do not despise the snake for having no horns, for who is to say it will not become a dragon?'
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

Neil was probably laughing at Geddy peeing himself. *wink*
Onward and Upward!
Slaine mac Roth

Post by Slaine mac Roth »

Could be right there.
'Do not despise the snake for having no horns, for who is to say it will not become a dragon?'
willowroolz

Post by willowroolz »

That was a great moment. It's brilliant that they still seem to be enjoying themselves so much.
I was lined up for glory but the tickets sold out in advance
Sir Myghin

Post by Sir Myghin »

sounds awesome slaine
schuette

Post by schuette »

glad you had a brilliant time :-D
D'Anconia

Post by D'Anconia »

Thanks for the report Slaine!
Regards,
Bri

"...from here in Oregon, where we are far too stupid to dispense our own gasoline." Neil Peart