DPPE: Week 1 (NOTE THURSDAY GAME!!)

Football, Baseball, Basketball, Hockey, it's all here

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

by-tor

Post by by-tor »

8-7 Before the Monday night game...but I was robbed. Cleveland over Baltimore??? Detroit over Chicago??? Seattle over New Orleans, with Seattle on the road??? Is Pete Rose involved in this somehow?
Don't tell me about rock and roll I'm out there in the clubs and on the streets and I'm living it! I am rock and roll!
Soup4Rush

Post by Soup4Rush »

I saw the Detroit win coming and Jeff Garcia is a stud. I never thought in a million years the Hawks would have beat the Saints, esp on the road.. but thats why they play the games. I am 11-4 and Greenbay will beat the Panthers tonight.
Happy 2015!
by-tor

Post by by-tor »

What was Seattle on the road last year? 0-8? 1-7? Yeah, this makes me feel good about the rest of the Saints' season. :x
Don't tell me about rock and roll I'm out there in the clubs and on the streets and I'm living it! I am rock and roll!
Soup4Rush

Post by Soup4Rush »

by-tor wrote:What was Seattle on the road last year? 0-8? 1-7? Yeah, this makes me feel good about the rest of the Saints' season. :x
0-8.... It is only 1 game.. I can't figure the Saints though, they have a whole lot of talent on offense. I still like them to make the playoffs this season...
Happy 2015!
EndlesslyRocking

Post by EndlesslyRocking »

by-tor wrote:8-7 Before the Monday night game...but I was robbed. Cleveland over Baltimore??? Detroit over Chicago??? Seattle over New Orleans, with Seattle on the road??? Is Pete Rose involved in this somehow?
I didn't fare too well myself this week (although the Seahawks over the Aints was a no-brainer!).

:twisted:

My Rams didn't look great, but there were a few silver linings. Marshall Faulk looked back to his old self. Our defense played pretty well, and we did a great job protecting Bulger with a patchwork offensive line.

But we still have the same problem as the last few seasons: too many turnovers and too many penalties. I call it The Martz Factor. I mean, 3 turnovers in Cardinals territory in the first quarter!

Still, it's a win, and a division win at that. The Rams will definitely have to get better if they hope to go anywhere this year.
Life in two dimensions is a mass-production scheme...
Soup4Rush

Post by Soup4Rush »

Maybe the Cardinals didn't get the Ramageddon memo. :razz: Still 1-0 is better than 0-1 ie the Colts.
Happy 2015!
EndlesslyRocking

Here are the numbers for week one (please feel free to check my math).

Soup: 12
Orlando's Love Slave: 12
Walkinghairball: 12
D'aconia: 11
By-tor: 9
ER: 8
hs007: 5

Those of us on the bottom half will have to buck up this week!
happysmilies007

Post by happysmilies007 »

*sigh*.

before anybody starts teasing me about it, YES, i do know my Panthers sucked last night. our offensive line needs some SERIOUS tweaking..i mean, Jake didn't have ANY time to throw the ball..we had to run it almost the entire game!! THEN, in the last freakin' 10 minutes of the game, Steve Smith broke his leg..UGH..there goes our season. i know a fibula isn't that serious, but without him we're definitely not going anywhere this season. i WAS looking forward to watching the Panthers this season..well, i'm gonna keep on watching them anyway, even IF they lose all season! i still love them!! :-D

carolynn :evil:
"What do I do when we're not taping? Sit in a dark room and refine my plans for someday ruling Earth from a blimp. And chess." --Ryan Stiles .. brought to you by the letter 3!
EndlesslyRocking

happysmilies007 wrote:*sigh*.

before anybody starts teasing me about it, YES, i do know my Panthers sucked last night. our offensive line needs some SERIOUS tweaking..i mean, Jake didn't have ANY time to throw the ball..we had to run it almost the entire game!! THEN, in the last freakin' 10 minutes of the game, Steve Smith broke his leg..UGH..there goes our season. i know a fibula isn't that serious, but without him we're definitely not going anywhere this season. i WAS looking forward to watching the Panthers this season..well, i'm gonna keep on watching them anyway, even IF they lose all season! i still love them!! :-D

You guys drafted Keary Colbert, right? He's is awesome. Don't lose faith yet...
by-tor

Post by by-tor »

EndlesslyRocking wrote:Don't lose faith yet...
Right, wait until after the second week at least. :razz:
Soup4Rush

Post by Soup4Rush »

It is only one game Carolynn. Don't panic yet. Carolina plays smashmouth football so Smith is not that bad of a blow. Jake is not supposed to win games in that system anyway, his job is not to lose the game. It is ironic to note that I was watching the NFL network last week and Smith was talking trash about Marvin Harrison when Smith was wired for sound before the Superbowl. About how little he was and The Pat's DBs were not going to be able to manhandle them the way they did Harrison. MEMO TO STEVE SMITH: Do not mess with Marvin Harrison, God loves him and he will strike down anyone who dares to insult his greatness. :-D
Happy 2015!
happysmilies007

Post by happysmilies007 »

thanks so much, by-tor.

thanks guys. Keary Colbert does rule, i really am looking forward to seeing him play. i'm hoping this might be his big chance to join the starters..not that we don't have any good WRs, ours are some of the best in the league, but Colbert does deserve his chance, even though he's a rookie. Chris Gamble is our punt returner, so we're not screwed yet! Steve does tend to run his mouth a little bit, but when i think about it..hey, we could have a Warren Sapp kind of a guy instead!

"What do I do when we're not taping? Sit in a dark room and refine my plans for someday ruling Earth from a blimp. And chess." --Ryan Stiles .. brought to you by the letter 3!