By-Tor.com Forum Index By-Tor.com
It's all about the Rush

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Newbie!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
willowroolz

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 5:03 am    Post subject: Newbie! Reply with quote

Hi everyone

I'm new here and haven't really been on any forums before, but I just felt I had to come online today and rave about last night's concert at Wembley. It was without a doubt the most amazing gig I have ever been to. I've been a fan since The Spirit Of Radio was in the UK charts (Permanent Waves was the first Rush album I bought) and have seen the band each time they have been here since the Signals tour in 83 (which isn't saying much seeing as they've only been here three times since, I know!). But last night was the best I think I've ever seen them.

For a start it was the first chance I've had to see one of the 3 hour shows. They were on superb form and looked very relaxed and like they were really enjoying themselves. They delivered 100%.

I'm still on cloud 9. If you had told me beforehand that three ageing Canadian blokes could give me one of the best nights of my life I would have run away extremely quickly. But they did. Cheesy Grin

So a huge "thank you" to Alex, Geddy and Neil for an amazing night and thirty outstanding years.

And the great news is that we get to do it all again tonight!
by-tor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They do put on one hell of a show, eh? Welcome to the boards.
Ogg

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the family willow'. I'm seeing the boys next week, days off arranged and counting the hours. Glad you enjoyed it.
I bet the reception was great considering the lengthy absence.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, the atmosphere was amazing, Ogg. Geddy apologised for them having been away so long - he blamed it on old age, lol!

It's just great that after all the build up of anticipation (I literally couldn't eat yesterday I was so excited) the gig exceeded all my expectations. And to hear the crowd singing along to some of the songs - it was almost like being in the Rio dvd.

And thanks for the welcomes, guys
3 travelers

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 9:30 am    Post subject: Re: Newbie! Reply with quote

willowroolz wrote:
Hi everyone

I'm new here and haven't really been on any forums before, but I just felt I had to come online today and rave about last night's concert at Wembley. It was without a doubt the most amazing gig I have ever been to. I've been a fan since The Spirit Of Radio was in the UK charts (Permanent Waves was the first Rush album I bought) and have seen the band each time they have been here since the Signals tour in 83 (which isn't saying much seeing as they've only been here three times since, I know!). But last night was the best I think I've ever seen them.

For a start it was the first chance I've had to see one of the 3 hour shows. They were on superb form and looked very relaxed and like they were really enjoying themselves. They delivered 100%.

I'm still on cloud 9. If you had told me beforehand that three ageing Canadian blokes could give me one of the best nights of my life I would have run away extremely quickly. But they did. Cheesy Grin

So a huge "thank you" to Alex, Geddy and Neil for an amazing night and thirty outstanding years.

And the great news is that we get to do it all again tonight!
Welcome, Willow... glad you made it here. I'm still buzzing from the shows I've seen this tour.... and that was almost a month ago.
awip2062

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the land of Rush forums. I never realized when I first got on a Rush forum what I was in for. I love it!

Thanks for the tidbit on the gig you saw. Man! Those men are awesome, eh?
willowroolz

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They sure are awesome! And last night was even more amazing than the first. We were down on the floor last night, about 10 feet from the desk, and the sound was perfect. I could hear every word Alex said in his little monologue, whereas the first night I struggled to make it out.

I went into last night thinking that it could possibly be the last time I ever get to see them, and I felt quite emotional at certain points (particularly during the solos in La Villa and Red Barchetta, which is my favourite). I realise you guys must have seen them a ton of times, last night was my 11th (which I don't think is bad considering they've only been to the UK 4 times since I've been of a concert-going age) and was undoubtedly the most special. Today I can barely walk or talk!

And I spent a fortune on merchandise Rolling Eyes
awip2062

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some of us here have seen them more than you, others have seen them fewer times. But, we all agree those boys rock out!

What merch did you ged?
Slaine mac Roth

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

willowroolz wrote:
They sure are awesome! And last night was even more amazing than the first. We were down on the floor last night, about 10 feet from the desk, and the sound was perfect. I could hear every word Alex said in his little monologue, whereas the first night I struggled to make it out.

I went into last night thinking that it could possibly be the last time I ever get to see them, and I felt quite emotional at certain points (particularly during the solos in La Villa and Red Barchetta, which is my favourite). I realise you guys must have seen them a ton of times, last night was my 11th (which I don't think is bad considering they've only been to the UK 4 times since I've been of a concert-going age) and was undoubtedly the most special. Today I can barely walk or talk!

And I spent a fortune on merchandise Rolling Eyes

I was there too and they were incredible
willowroolz

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

awip2062 wrote:
Some of us here have seen them more than you, others have seen them fewer times. But, we all agree those boys rock out!

What merch did you ged?

Four t-shirts, Contents Under Pressure, and two copies of the tour book - one to keep pristine and one to show off

Some guy on a Marillion board that I go to is trying to convince people that they played Fly By Night, Cinderella Man, Closer to the Heart and Freewill as encores! Rolling Eyes
happysmilies007

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

welcome, willow! it gets a lil crazy around here but i think you'll like it!

glad you had a great time at the show. i was one-of-a-kind at the one in may, i'm 14 & am a girl! my dad & i had a GREAT time though!!

keep rocking, i hope you get to see many more shows!!

carolynn Evil or Very Mad
willowroolz

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 5:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you!

Wish I was going to Birmingham tonight Sad
schuette

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

welcome ...Im going to see them at the SECC on Tuesday and its just no coming quick enough!!
oh how much were the tshirts and tour books plz...?

Panacea

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome, Willow! We can be a wacky bunch, but we're all good folk and you should love it here.
willowroolz

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

schuette wrote:
welcome ...Im going to see them at the SECC on Tuesday and its just no coming quick enough!!
oh how much were the tshirts and tour books plz...?

The t-shirts varied between ?20 and ?30. The tour book is ?12. They're also selling the Contents Under Pressure book, which isn't available over here yet, for ?20.

Thanks for the welcomes!
Post new topic   Reply to topic       By-Tor.com Forum Index -> Rush Chat All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: