what a gig!!!

Something to do with Rush coming up? Post it here.

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

by-tor

Post by by-tor »

EndlesslyRocking wrote:The venue for my last two RUSH shows was an 18,000 seat amphitheater.
The venue I saw Metallica/Guns 'N Roses at held 70,000+ :-D
Don't tell me about rock and roll I'm out there in the clubs and on the streets and I'm living it! I am rock and roll!
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

The venue I saw the US fest at in '83 had 300,000 of us. *razz*
Onward and Upward!
PV
Site Admin

Post by PV »

schuette wrote:And now for the drum solo??..jings ma boab and harry too??.what a man?.once again I didn?t know where to look??..I so wanted to see him close up on the screen but then I thought I can see that in RIR so I watched him live..even though he was much wee?er ?.okai crude bit coming up??..avert your eyes if your too young to read this ?but they had to hose ma seat down after that solo!!!.......fuck no man can do what he can do when they?re actually touching you!!!
:cool: Dig it, Schu!
I don't have faith in faith, I don't believe in belief, You can call me faithless, I still cling to hope, And I believe in love, And that's faith enough for me... Neil Peart
schuette

Post by schuette »

for the ppl bragging about seeing gigs in huge arena's...personally I would rather see any group in a smaller venue :razz:
EndlesslyRocking

Post by EndlesslyRocking »

schuette wrote:for the ppl bragging about seeing gigs in huge arena's...personally I would rather see any group in a smaller venue :razz:
I wasn't bragging...you asked!

But I will brag now: I was in the third row of that giant amphitheater. Close enough to see the expressions on their faces.

It was awesome.
Life in two dimensions is a mass-production scheme...
schuette

Post by schuette »

okai ER that would have been worth it......but knowing my luck I would be at the very back :roll:
schuette

Post by schuette »

Oh and do you think the Rush gig wore Jade out ;-)

we got back at 1 in the morning....it took us an hour to get out the carpark! Caelan had already fell asleep in his clothesby the time we got home ....Jade was too tired to change into her pj's :-D
EndlesslyRocking

Post by EndlesslyRocking »

They are adorable!!!

You must have adopted...?

:twisted:
Life in two dimensions is a mass-production scheme...
neilpeart_gal

Post by neilpeart_gal »

Jade may have been tired, but she was ROCKED by the best!!! :-D
schuette

Post by schuette »

There only adarable cuz they're sleeping ;-) ....and they take after me and no their dad :-D
Me

Post by Me »

Beautiful picture of your children Schuette. Thanks for the emotion, I can see you had a brilliant time.
When evil is allowed to compete with good, evil has an emotional populist appeal that wins out unless good men & women stand as a vanguard against abuse.
schuette

Post by schuette »

I've got one complaint!!...I paid ?20 for a t-shirt and the stitching is coming out at the sleeve....I'm pissed off about this!!
H3WMW

Post by H3WMW »

SCHU!!!!

You are right by the way. Lerxst DID sing I belong to Glasgow!!!!!!

I was there (as you know) and it was feckin' funny.

As some of you may or may not know............

I was at 5 of the 6 UK gigs. I also saw them at Wembley for 2 nights, then a night off then NEC Birmingham and MEN Manchester then another night off then SECC Glasgow.

They did however play at NEC Birmingham again after SECC which Ogg attended but I couldn't as I had other commitments to uphold.

It was good seeing you again Schu and meeting your daughter as well.

By the way, it was my stag night on Saturday 11th September (the day of Rush EuCon'04 and the first NEC gig!). During this day I was presented with "HEN NIGHT" accessories (strange) including a dick-head headband, a white veil and a blow-up doll!!!!!!

Here's the proof.........

And would you believe that this blow up doll actually made it down to the front of the stage that night to rapturous applause. I spoke to Howard Ungerleider (Lighting Director) who assured me that RUSH were looking after the doll and keep it taped to a chair in their dressing room.

During the rest of the UK tour they actually kept it stage left on Geddy's side.

This is a memory that will live with me forever!!!!!!
Bassist of Joe's Band

Slaine mac Roth

Post by Slaine mac Roth »

Congrats on the upcoming
'Do not despise the snake for having no horns, for who is to say it will not become a dragon?'
exiled yorkie

Post by exiled yorkie »

H3WMW

I met you in the pub in manchester and I gotta say you were a top bloke and very friendly. Nice to meet ya.