NCAA football

Football, Baseball, Basketball, Hockey, it's all here

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

Walkinghairball
Location: In a rock an roll venue near you....as long as you are in the Pacific Northwest.

Post by Walkinghairball »

GO BIG RED, GO BIG RED, GO BIG RED.................CORNHUSKERS ALL THE WAY !!!!!!!!! :headbang: :headbang:
This space for rent
KaelMwithascrubbrush
Location: I don't know, but there's a snake in my boot and an arrow just hit me in the butt!

Post by KaelMwithascrubbrush »

Hmmm, Trojans return 55 players, 24 of which started at least one game last year, and they return their entire offensive backfield...hmmm :cool: Me thinks I hear SC's fight song on the horizon. Arg, and I hope, hope, hope they go to a play off format!
"I broke a mirror in my house. I'm supposed to get seven years bad luck, but my lawyer thinks he can get me five."
-Steven Wright
EndlesslyRocking

Post by EndlesslyRocking »

KaelMwithascrubbrush wrote:Hmmm, Trojans return 55 players, 24 of which started at least one game last year, and they return their entire offensive backfield...hmmm :cool: Me thinks I hear SC's fight song on the horizon. Arg, and I hope, hope, hope they go to a play off format!
We won't need it this year.

We'll start #1 and stay there.
Life in two dimensions is a mass-production scheme...
by-tor

Post by by-tor »

EndlesslyRocking wrote:We won't need it this year.

I'm sure you will start number 1 in the PAC-10. However, number 1 in the PAC-10 is comparable to being Vandy in the SEC. :twisted:
Don't tell me about rock and roll I'm out there in the clubs and on the streets and I'm living it! I am rock and roll!
EndlesslyRocking

by-tor wrote:
EndlesslyRocking wrote:We won't need it this year.

I'm sure you will start number 1 in the PAC-10. However, number 1 in the PAC-10 is comparable to being Vandy in the SEC. :twisted:
USC will start #1 in all the preseason polls. It'll be theirs to lose.

LSU...are they even fielding a team this year?

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/footba ... 3/coaches/
KaelMwithascrubbrush
Location: I don't know, but there's a snake in my boot and an arrow just hit me in the butt!

Post by KaelMwithascrubbrush »

EndlesslyRocking wrote: LSU...are they even fielding a team this year?

As I recall, however, LSU got only token recognition at the beginning of the year last year, as well...that and the Tigers are pretty well-coached. I'm not going to dis them.

That being said, I do think teams will have to play up to USC's offense, since most all the weapons are back (what's up with Williams's eligability?) and I think much of the huff about the Trojans' defence is pretty much hot air...just ask the Woverines, eh?
"I broke a mirror in my house. I'm supposed to get seven years bad luck, but my lawyer thinks he can get me five."
-Steven Wright
EndlesslyRocking

KaelMwithascrubbrush wrote: As I recall, however, LSU got only token recognition at the beginning of the year last year, as well...that and the Tigers are pretty well-coached. I'm not going to dis them.

That being said, I do think teams will have to play up to USC's offense, since most all the weapons are back (what's up with Williams's eligability?) and I think much of the huff about the Trojans' defence is pretty much hot air...just ask the Woverines, eh?
I'm dissing by-tor, not LSU...

;)

Like I said, it's a shame USC and LSU didn't get a chance to play each other. It would have been awesome.

As far as Williams goes, he has re-registred for classes, and is awaiting a decision from the NCAA. Since he signed with an agent at a time it was okay to do so because of the initial Clarett ruling, I'm hoping they'll let him play again. I don't see any reason why they shouldn't. The rules kept changing, it wasn't his fault.
by-tor

Post by by-tor »

EndlesslyRocking wrote:LSU...are they even fielding a team this year?

Hmmm....not bad. 3rd in the preseason polls, even losing key members of their defense. Considering that LSU wasn't even expected to win the SEC last year, what does that tell you about polls? :razz:

Maybe this year, you guys will beat the unranked teams. :twisted:
Don't tell me about rock and roll I'm out there in the clubs and on the streets and I'm living it! I am rock and roll!
EndlesslyRocking

by-tor wrote: Maybe this year, you guys will beat the unranked teams. :twisted:
Now, now. USC's only loss was a 3 point, double overtime road loss to a bowl team. They crushed all others into oblivion.

I already have my tickets for the October rematch with Cal in Los Angeles. I can't wait to see it. My family has had season ticktes to USC games since before I was born. I've seen some incredible legends in my time: Lynn Swann, Marcus Allen, Ronnie Lott, Anthony Munoz, etc. etc.

FIGHT ON!
D'Anconia

Post by D'Anconia »

psupower wrote:Man, PSU and USC used to have to good games back in the day..

PSU is gonna be BACK SOON..There are some blue-chip upcoming seniors who are strongly considering PSU to play ball..This team now has experiance and should do well this year
As a fellow Penn Stater, I hope you're right. I just don't see it happening, though.
Regards,
Bri

"...from here in Oregon, where we are far too stupid to dispense our own gasoline." Neil Peart
kazzman
Location: In a cellar thinking of ways to assasinate Gary Bettman

Post by kazzman »

D'Anconia wrote:

PSU is gonna be BACK SOON..There are some blue-chip upcoming seniors who are strongly considering PSU to play ball..This team now has experiance and should do well this year
As a fellow Penn Stater, I hope you're right. I just don't see it happening, though.
Getting Anthony Morelli was a huge boost to Penn State as well. Walt Harris really screwed with him when Morelli said he was going to Pitt (not letting him play in the PA/Ohio All Star Game, ect).
Kazz
psupower

Post by psupower »

kazzman wrote:
D'Anconia wrote:

Getting Anthony Morelli was a huge boost to Penn State as well. Walt Harris really screwed with him when Morelli said he was going to Pitt (not letting him play in the PA/Ohio All Star Game, ect).

O Hell yeah!!! The kid has a cannon!!!

Hey man, have ever checked out www.lionnews.com or www.psuplaybook.org ??

Man, PSU are after some big studs for next year, Justin King..Many consider him to be the best CB in the country..
" Summer's going fast, nights growing colder
Children growing up, old friends growing older
Freeze this moment a little bit longer
Make each impression a little bit stronger "
psupower

Post by psupower »

kazzman wrote:This is why I think the NCAA should dump the BCS and go into a playoff with the top 25 teams.
Amen that..
" Summer's going fast, nights growing colder
Children growing up, old friends growing older
Freeze this moment a little bit longer
Make each impression a little bit stronger "
kazzman
Location: In a cellar thinking of ways to assasinate Gary Bettman

Post by kazzman »

psupower wrote:
kazzman wrote:
D'Anconia wrote:

O Hell yeah!!! The kid has a cannon!!!
Yeah I got to see him when his school (Penn Hills) played mine (Norwin). He made a ton of great passes and almost has eyes like a hawk (ALMOST because we intercepted 4 or 5 of his passes; and we are terrible in the secondary). Penn Hill's running back was good too. I forget whether or not he was a Senior last year though.
Hey man, have ever checked out www.lionnews.com or www.psuplaybook.org ??
Not yet, but I will shortly. To be honest, I'm more of a Pitt fan than a Penn State fan, but I'll still cheer for the Lions (just not when they play Pitt).
Kazz
D'Anconia

Post by D'Anconia »

kazzman wrote:
Not yet, but I will shortly. To be honest, I'm more of a Pitt fan than a Penn State fan, but I'll still cheer for the Lions (just not when they play Pitt).
Aaahhh!! Shit on Pitt!
Regards,
Bri

"...from here in Oregon, where we are far too stupid to dispense our own gasoline." Neil Peart