Announcement: Support for Candidates Day

Open discussion about the world we live in today. Topics in here can get heated, but please keep it civil.

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

by-tor

Post by by-tor »

ElfDude wrote:Dang, that sounded like a first warning...
Maybe, but I don't hold myself to that 'one warning' rule too well. The only person to ever be banned here was warned about 5 times.
Don't tell me about rock and roll I'm out there in the clubs and on the streets and I'm living it! I am rock and roll!
ElfDude

Post by ElfDude »

by-tor wrote:
Maybe, but I don't hold myself to that 'one warning' rule too well. The only person to ever be banned here was warned about 5 times.
And even after THAT you let me come back! You big softie!
Aren't you the guy who hit me in the eye?
by-tor

Post by by-tor »

ElfDude wrote:
by-tor wrote:
And even after THAT you let me come back! You big softie!
Hell, you were never banned. I'd ban ER first, since we disagree on sports. :twisted:
Don't tell me about rock and roll I'm out there in the clubs and on the streets and I'm living it! I am rock and roll!
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

I thought you would ban Schu first.
Onward and Upward!
Derek Rondinelli

Post by Derek Rondinelli »

nice
ElfDude

Post by ElfDude »

Derek Rondinelli wrote:nice
What's nice?
schuette

Post by schuette »

awip2062 wrote:I thought you would ban Schu first.
hey!!!...what would you all do without me..?
and I dont really want an answer to that ;-)
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

I would have to mail ye more. :crybaby: It would be horrid! I miss ye enough as it is.
Onward and Upward!
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
Sir Myghin

Post by Sir Myghin »

to call yourself a messiah is very vain.
as for pain, my aunt lives a similar life to you, she has no spine left, lines in constant pain, she forsook her medication and lives sheerly on the pleasures God gives! on top of that she also raises her child whose estranged from his father for various reasons, he to has many health problems, but they live, she doesn't need a wheelchair althoguh she should ahve been in one years ago, her pain is nothing compared to her will to live, medication is not the answer as is the spirit!
Aerosmitten

Post by Aerosmitten »

Augie wrote:
...I may voluntarily leave this board permanently. ...
This may be "goodbye". I don't know yet.
[-o<

=D> \:D/ :blob: :blob5: :blob7: :headbang: :hello1: :smt112 :smt081

:hello2: :wave:
Panacea

Post by Panacea »

Augie wrote: By opposing national healthcare legislation, Pres. Bush is basically holding a gun to my head and forcing me to be on welfare for the rest of my life.
I thought good jobs came with health insurance? Mine does! I don't make $200 K a year, but with four people on medications in my immediate family (hubby takes probably 10 prescriptions a month for various serious health issues) we still didn't have enough medical expenses (even counting copays) to deduct it from our taxes. From my experience and that of those I know, with an employer-subsidized insurance plan, the out-of-pocket expenses don't seem to be nearly as atrocious as your example. As far as nationalized health insurance goes, our Canadian friend has already shown it has its uses but is quite limited. Perhaps schu can shed some light on nationalized health care in her country?
Enchantment falls around me and I know I cannot leave...
ElfDude

Post by ElfDude »

Sir Myghin wrote:to call yourself a messiah is very vain.
as for pain, my aunt lives a similar life to you, she has no spine left, lines in constant pain, she forsook her medication and lives sheerly on the pleasures God gives! on top of that she also raises her child whose estranged from his father for various reasons, he to has many health problems, but they live, she doesn't need a wheelchair althoguh she should ahve been in one years ago, her pain is nothing compared to her will to live, medication is not the answer as is the spirit!
What a brave soul! I've heard that story from others too, about family members of theirs who got so sick of what pain meds were doing to them that they stopped taking them and then learned how to live with pain (either through faith or through instructional therapy), and consequently were a lot happier. I don't know if I'd have the courage.

Fortunately for the U.S., if John Kerry is elected, according to John Edwards, people are going to get up out of their wheelchairs and walk again! Say hallelujah!

Sir Myghin

Post by Sir Myghin »

if Christopher reeves gets up and walks, i'll eat my boxers
*Lifesonite
Location: Flowing Through The Universe, In A Paisley Shirt... Man.

Post by *Lifesonite »

What's wrong with being on welfare? Welfare has to do with well-being; health and financial aide.

Oh yeah, Myghin, he is a messiah. A messiah can simply be someone who claims to be a liberator :P It doesn't mean he's the best thing since sliced bread or that he's going to turn water into wine.

It's Augie's right to fight for a better way of life as he see's it. This is what humans have done for as long as we have been around, fight for better ways of life as we see fit, be it on a lesser or a grander scale.
I remember watching in amazement as Geddy sang, played bass, and played the keyboards with his feet. I thought, "Who is this guy???"
-- IFALT