Man of Taste

Something to do with Rush coming up? Post it here.

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

Slaine mac Roth

Man of Taste

Post by Slaine mac Roth »

Geddy Lee of 'Rush' Confirmed for 'Ringers'!
Xoanon @ 4:43 pm EST

PHENOMENAL SINGER/BASSIST, GEDDY LEE, OF THE CANADIAN ROCK BAND "RUSH" INTERVIEWED FOR DOCUMENTARY FEATURE, "RINGERS: LORD OF THE FANS"

HOLLYWOOD, CALIFORNIA -- TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 28, 2004 Geddy Lee, bassist and lead singer for the seminal rock group Rush, has granted an exclusive interview to the producers of the feature documentary, RINGERS: LORD OF THE FANS.

His heartfelt comments on the power of J.R.R. Tolkien?s stories make it easy to understand how the world of Rock & Roll was forever changed by ?The Lord of the Rings.? The fine connections between these two art forms is sharply drawn by Mr. Lee, as he explains the wonderful influence of Middle-earth on his early songwriting. The song ?Rivendell? became Rush?s personal tribute to Tolkien, being written at a period when the most influential of rockers used Tolkien references in their most classic songs.

Rush, having retained through the years, the razors edge appeal to the rocker in everyone, has kept their music progressive and intelligent with the help of phenomenal singer/bassist, Geddy Lee. Starting his musical career rehearsing with his school friend Alex Lifeson, and playing all the tunes from the Brit's blues of John Mayall and Cream, Geddy Lee took strides with his musicianship and talent and also rocked out to the music of The Who and Led Zepplin. Joining in to make Rush the first Canadian band to make rock history and has been considered one of the greatest rock bands in the world, was fellow band member, (drummer) Neil Peart.

Singer/Bassist Geddy Lee's musical in-your-face approach to the instrument has been quoted to have, "impacted more bassists on a grand scale then any other bassist, in the last 20 years." His unique sound and voice has been compared to the distinctive voices of such rock greats as Freddie Mercury and Ozzie Osbourne. His singing abilities only adds to the extraordinary bass skills that he somehow balances with stride. Geddy Lee is in the Bass Hall of Fame for Guitar Player Magazine and has also been voted as the Best Rock Bassist more than 6 times running. His current solo album is titled "My Favorite Headache" and is available on his website as well as Rush's newest album "Feedback". You can purchase these through the band's official website located here: rush.com

RINGERS: LORD OF THE FANS features a dynamic rock-driven score with many recording artists who were influenced by J.R.R. Tolkien. Many have come forward to provide a new spin on nostalgic favorites from previous "Rings" adaptations.

About the documentary:

Very funny yet often moving, RINGERS: LORD OF THE FANS shows the hidden power behind Tolkien's books -- and how after 50 years a single literary work continues to spark the minds and hearts of millions, across cultures and across time. Ringers explores the real foundations of Middle-earth; a community of true fans who share a common bond. Moving beyond "cult classic" and over several different generations, the film unearths academics, musicians, authors, filmmakers, and a plethora of pop junkies -- the people gathered under the banner of 'Ringer.'

RINGERS: LORD OF THE FANS spent 21 months shooting on three continents. Produced in association with the popular Tolkien fan-site TheOneRing.net, Ringers stands as the most comprehensive film document of the ongoing fandom of "The Lord of the Rings."

Current "Ringers" Interviewees include:

Actor - Sir Ian McKellen, Actor - Dominic Monaghan, Actor - Andy Serkis, Actor - Sala Baker, Author/Filmmaker - Clive Barker, Writer/Director/Producer - Cameron Crowe, Actor - David Carradine, Author - Terry Pratchett, Author - Peter S. Beagle, Author - Terry Brooks, Musician - Lemmy Kilmister, Musician - Geddy Lee, Tolkien Scholar - Dr. Jane Chance, Chairperson of the Tolkien Society - Christine Crawshaw, Author - Colin Duriez, Filmmaker/Critic - Chris Gore, Writer/Publisher - Forrest J. Ackerman, Actor - Bill Mumy, Author/Broadcaster - Brian Sibley, Illustrator/Author - Colleen Doran, Illustrator/Author - Jill Thompson, and hundreds of Tolkien fans!

Visit our website!
www.lordofthefans.net
'Do not despise the snake for having no horns, for who is to say it will not become a dragon?'
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

Go Ged.

But...Ozzie Osbourne? sigh
Onward and Upward!
Slaine mac Roth

awip2062 wrote: But...Ozzie Osbourne? sigh
I thought he was more of a Bambi man
'Do not despise the snake for having no horns, for who is to say it will not become a dragon?'
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

I was sighing at the spelling. He spells it "Ozzy."
Onward and Upward!
schuette

Post by schuette »

I never noticed that till you pointed that out :-D
Slaine mac Roth

Neither did I :oops:
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

*rolls eyes*
Onward and Upward!
Derek Rondinelli

Post by Derek Rondinelli »

Ozzy Osbourne a great singer, Fuck me running. :-)
schuette

Post by schuette »

Do you want to get fucked while running or do you want to fuck someone while running :razz: ....is it possible to fuck while running???
Sir Myghin

Post by Sir Myghin »

ozzy is a good singer dude, has some really good tunes too
schuette

Post by schuette »

I have to agree with myg here....Ozzy is an excellent singer!
by-tor

Post by by-tor »

I never cared too much for Ozzy's voice. Great songs, but that doesn't equal great singer...case in point, Bob Dylan. :-D
Don't tell me about rock and roll I'm out there in the clubs and on the streets and I'm living it! I am rock and roll!
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

Ozzy has said that he is not a singer. He is an entertainer.

As far as Dylan goes: I think that man is a song-writing genius, but I only like his work done by other people.

*pinhes nose and sings* Everybody MUST ged stoned!
Onward and Upward!
schuette

Post by schuette »

well I still like Ozzy's voice :-D
Kevin

Post by Kevin »

"His unique sound and voice has been compared to the distinctive voices of such rock greats as Freddie Mercury and Ozzie Osbourne."

I can see the comparison to Fred...but Ozzy? :???: Perhaps it's being compared in the "distincive" sense, and not sound-wise.