Music outside of Rush

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

It DEFINITELY caught my eye...It's tre' different! :-D
Don't start none...won't be none.
YYZ30

Post by YYZ30 »

CygnusX1 wrote: One question: Pete Townshend used to have "numbered" LP's when he was with The Who....

Aha, give the man a kewpie doll!

And I knew about the stoptail...figured that out after trying to tune it once, *snap*
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

thanks YYZ....it was the first thing I though of when I saw it....sorry about your stringbuster too...I just read about it though, and wanted to pass it on...

when I get my Epi LP, I'm gonna throw down another 100 bucks-or-so and get the once-over done on it...I may even try to find a used one... :-D
YYZ30

Post by YYZ30 »

CygnusX1 wrote:thanks YYZ....it was the first thing I though of when I saw it....sorry about your stringbuster too...I just read about it though, and wanted to pass it on...

when I get my Epi LP, I'm gonna throw down another 100 bucks-or-so and get the once-over done on it...I may even try to find a used one... :-D
Pete was the reason I pciked up the guitar (and broke two of em)
I cant play like him, but give a little nod in his direction...even if most people dont get the nod.
The guitarist from Collective Soul uses the symbols from the Zener deck (ESP test).

A used one might be better...mine is new and Im still finding out things about it- also, if you buy new, have the Rhythm/Treble swicth changed out ($40)- they are prone to letting go.
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

thanks YYZ.....I rebuilt the switch on my Kramer......wasn't bad at all....just make sure you ground it !!...lots of people make the mistake of not grounding the switch...

you play any Who tunes?
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

I saw "The Kids Are Alright Tour", and Pete was a madman....he played 'till his fingers bled from grinding the tops of 'em off.......and he STILL did the windmill power chords too....unreal man...I gotta give mad props to Pete...