Vote for me!

Open discussion about the world we live in today. Topics in here can get heated, but please keep it civil.

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

The Snow Dog

Vote for me!

Post by The Snow Dog »

Here's my platform, in case you guys actually pay attention to that... (joke)

Wellfare: the Creeping Octopus of World Communism believes that the current wellfare system needs serious reform and limitations. Wellfare should focus on the disabled rather than the lazy.

Gun Control: Aside from a waiting period, registration and background check, the Creeping Octopus of World Communism believes that firearms need no other limits on their purchase and ownership. Instead, more effort should be focused on the safe use and handling of guns.

Gay Marrige: Although the Creeping Octopus does not suport homosexuality, it does not dissuade it either. As such, all willing adults should be able to marry, regardless of sexual orientation.

Censoring: The Creeping Octopus of World Communism is against all forms of censoring music, and the censoring of language in telivized programming.

Taxes: The Creeping Octopus of World Communism feels that taxes should be dropped nation-wide.

Healthcare: The Creeping Octopus of World Communism believes Healthcare should be provided for those who are unable to afford/work for their healthcare insurance.

Common Sense: If ellected, The Creeping Octopus of World Communsim's presidential candidates would put efforts towards creating a Department of Common Sense, who's purpose would be to limit the ammount of "stupid" lawsuits (visave, the woman who spilled coffee on her lap and sued McDonalds) and thereby stimulate the economy by reducing the ammount of money corporations have to spend greivences, which should be going instead to creating jobs.

National Security: The Creeping Octopus of World Communism believes that soldiers stationed world-wide should be withdrawn. More money should be spent on training and equiping the standard military soldier. Efforts should be made to withdraw from Iraq as soon as possible.

Free Trade: The Creeping Octopus of World Communism believes that the Free Trade agreement should be abolished, and import taxes should be raised on U.S. based corporations importing goods from over-seas manufacturing plants, in order to bring more jobs 'back home'.

Affirmitive Action: The Creeping Octopus of World Communism believes that Affirmitive action should be taken in order to judge individuals (for jobs, college applications, et-cetera) not by race or gender, but by their abilities, and qualifications. No race or gender should be hightened above any others.

Well, that's my platform. Who wants to run with me for vice?

>.>
<.<
>.>
>.<
<.>
^.^

**VOTE THE SNOW DOG for U.S. President**

-=Proudly Representing the Creeping Octopus of World Communism=-
THIS BUILDING'S TOTALLY BURNING DOWN!
happysmilies007

Post by happysmilies007 »

hey, i'll take that vote.. :wink:

carolynn :evil:
"What do I do when we're not taping? Sit in a dark room and refine my plans for someday ruling Earth from a blimp. And chess." --Ryan Stiles .. brought to you by the letter 3!
Sir Myghin

Post by Sir Myghin »

gun control is ludicrous and doesn't work. trust me, i live in canada where they changed all the laws, all they did was piss off us hunters by costing us excessive money for people who had a license for 30 years to have to pay 150$ each and write the test AGAIN to get a valid gun license then registerring, such a pain in the ass
ElfDude

Post by ElfDude »

I'm with you 60%. You'd only have to make two minor changes to get me up to 80%, but don't do that. Stick to your core values. :)
Aren't you the guy who hit me in the eye?
Slaine mac Roth

Post by Slaine mac Roth »

It sounds better than anything touted by the politicians. Then again, politics is too important to be left to them
'Do not despise the snake for having no horns, for who is to say it will not become a dragon?'
The Snow Dog

Post by The Snow Dog »

sixty percent eh? that's better than I figured. schweet.

but you KNOW you can't hold that Department of Common Sense. BAHAHAHA!
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

Okay, I am with you 60% as well. But I have a question. If you ablosih taxes, how do you pay for the healthcare for the ones who cannot work?
Onward and Upward!
The Snow Dog

Post by The Snow Dog »

rephrase:

Taxes should be LOWERED nationwide. I meant tax-cuts. not complete eradication of taxes.
ElfDude

Post by ElfDude »

The Snow Dog wrote:rephrase:

Taxes should be LOWERED nationwide. I meant tax-cuts. not complete eradication of taxes.
And be completely flat, with no loopholes.

Here's a question I wish someone would ask the candidates: what is the maximum percentage of income that any free citizen should be expected to pay?
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

10%!
Onward and Upward!
The Snow Dog

Post by The Snow Dog »

I'd say no more than 15%, and that would be pushing it. You make it, you should keep it most of it.
ElfDude

Post by ElfDude »

I've heard that when Americans are polled, the majority will say no more than 20%. There's no right or wrong about it, it's just an opinion. But I am curious where they get that number from.

And I do wonder why nobody dares ask a candidate this question.

Of course, no republican or democrat would answer the question directly. A republican would evade giving a number and simply talk about how taxes on everyone should be lowered. A democrat would just complain about republicans giving tax breaks to the rich.

I will never run for public office, that's for sure.
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

I say 10% because so many people give 10% to their church (not just Christians) and then many give to charitable organizations on top of that. If the government takes only 10%, and then those who give to a church give 10% there, and then to the charitable oprganizations, that is going to be up to 25%.

Of course, our family lives on less than 75%of our income now, the way taxes are. And we still make it.
Onward and Upward!
minime

Re: Vote for me!

Post by minime »

The Snow Dog wrote:Here's my platform, in case you guys actually pay attention to that... (joke)

Wellfare: the Creeping Octopus of World Communism believes that the current wellfare system needs serious reform and limitations. Wellfare should focus on the disabled rather than the lazy.

Gun Control: Aside from a waiting period, registration and background check, the Creeping Octopus of World Communism believes that firearms need no other limits on their purchase and ownership. Instead, more effort should be focused on the safe use and handling of guns.

Gay Marrige: Although the Creeping Octopus does not suport homosexuality, it does not dissuade it either. As such, all willing adults should be able to marry, regardless of sexual orientation.

Censoring: The Creeping Octopus of World Communism is against all forms of censoring music, and the censoring of language in telivized programming.

Taxes: The Creeping Octopus of World Communism feels that taxes should be dropped nation-wide.

Healthcare: The Creeping Octopus of World Communism believes Healthcare should be provided for those who are unable to afford/work for their healthcare insurance.

Common Sense: If ellected, The Creeping Octopus of World Communsim's presidential candidates would put efforts towards creating a Department of Common Sense, who's purpose would be to limit the ammount of "stupid" lawsuits (visave, the woman who spilled coffee on her lap and sued McDonalds) and thereby stimulate the economy by reducing the ammount of money corporations have to spend greivences, which should be going instead to creating jobs.

National Security: The Creeping Octopus of World Communism believes that soldiers stationed world-wide should be withdrawn. More money should be spent on training and equiping the standard military soldier. Efforts should be made to withdraw from Iraq as soon as possible.

Free Trade: The Creeping Octopus of World Communism believes that the Free Trade agreement should be abolished, and import taxes should be raised on U.S. based corporations importing goods from over-seas manufacturing plants, in order to bring more jobs 'back home'.

Affirmitive Action: The Creeping Octopus of World Communism believes that Affirmitive action should be taken in order to judge individuals (for jobs, college applications, et-cetera) not by race or gender, but by their abilities, and qualifications. No race or gender should be hightened above any others.

Well, that's my platform. Who wants to run with me for vice?

>.>
<.<
>.>
>.<
<.>
^.^

**VOTE THE SNOW DOG for U.S. President**

-=Proudly Representing the Creeping Octopus of World Communism=-
I don't know.... but know this, you can't have one without the other.
No matter where you go, there you are
Yestermorrow

Post by Yestermorrow »

A point well taken considering the divisive currency market in a trans-global society. Cohesion is the only solution.