a perfect circle

Music outside of Rush

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

Ogg

a perfect circle

Post by Ogg »

A PERFECT CIRCLE (featuring Maynard from Tool :-) ) have announced plans to release their new album ?eMOTIVe? on the same day as the US presidential election (November 2).

The album contains two new tracks from the band and ten cover versions of political songs including Marvin Gaye?s ?What?s Going On?, Black Flag?s ?Gimme Gimme Gimme?, Joni Mitchell?s ?Fiddle And The Drum? and Depeche Mode?s ?People Are People?.

Alongside the new A Perfect Circle songs, ?Counting Bodies Like Sheep To The Rhythm Of the War Drums? and ?Passive?, the band will also tackle John Lennon?s ?Imagine?, Devo?s ?Freedom Of Choice? and ?When The Levee Breaks?, made famous by Led Zeppelin.

?eMOTIVe? is A Perfect Circle?s third full-length album, following 2000?s ?Mer De Noms? and 2003?s ?Thirteenth Step?.

An animated video for ?Bodies Like Sheep to the Rhythm of the War Drums? can be seen on the band?s website aperfectcircle.com where there is also a message from singer Maynard James Keenan exhorting fans to vote in the election: "If you choose not to be involved with decisions that affect your life on a daily basis, in our opinion, you forfeit your right to complain about it later."

The ?eMOTIVe? tracklisting is:

?Annihilation?
?Imagine?
?(What?s So Funny ?Bout) Peace, Love And Understanding?
?Counting Bodies Like Sheep To The Rhythm Of The War Drums?
?What?s Going On?
?When The Levee Breaks?
?Freedom Of Choice?
?People Are People?
?Passive?
?Gimme Gimme Gimme?
?Let?s Have A War?
?Fiddle And The Drum?

Just got it, listening to it and love it already.
Kevin

Post by Kevin »

"If you choose not to be involved with decisions that affect your life on a daily basis, in our opinion, you forfeit your right to complain about it later."

Blow it out of your ass, Maynard. I cannot stand when a band like APC, who started out with NO political voice or the idea of being a political band, suddenly feel the need to attempt to express their politics to their fans. There is way too much of it nowadays, and it isnt neccesary as far as i'm concerned. Anyone narrow-minded enough to get out and vote because a singer tells them to, well, maybe should not be voting in the first place.
Ogg

Post by Ogg »

Kevin wrote:"If you choose not to be involved with decisions that affect your life on a daily basis, in our opinion, you forfeit your right to complain about it later."

Blow it out of your ass, Maynard. I cannot stand when a band like APC, who started out with NO political voice or the idea of being a political band, suddenly feel the need to attempt to express their politics to their fans. There is way too much of it nowadays, and it isnt neccesary as far as i'm concerned. Anyone narrow-minded enough to get out and vote because a singer tells them to, well, maybe should not be voting in the first place.
Hey, I'm English and am only here for the music, it's a cool album. In reference to apc's 'no political voice', Maynard has had something to say along these lines for years, using the medium of his other band Tool so personally I'm not suprised.
Kevin

Post by Kevin »

It's not Maynard as much as it is APC, who have not had a thing to say about politics in their music until now.

And I just got, and am listening to the album...not bad.
Ogg

Post by Ogg »

Kevin wrote:And I just got, and am listening to the album...not bad.
It grows on you believe me. My initial fav was the original 'Passive' but now the Devo track 'Freedom Of Choice' and the reworking of 'When the Levee Breaks' is cool. Getting into Placebo's Greatest Hits, cool English band.
Kevin

Post by Kevin »

Yeah, it has definetly grown on me. Gimme Gimme Gimme and Counting Bodies... especially.