What Ameircans believe about Iraq, 9/11, etc.

Open discussion about the world we live in today. Topics in here can get heated, but please keep it civil.

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

Walkinghairball
Location: In a rock an roll venue near you....as long as you are in the Pacific Northwest.

Post by Walkinghairball »

Yeah, I agree Soup..............single in the service.

Plus every year getting a uniform alotment to refit any unserviceable gear. Nice especially if you didn't wreck yer stuff. Free Money!!!! :cool:

Hey, in WWII, the airborne were offered an extra $50.00 a month, "Hazzard Pay", to jump................................. What kind of "HAZZARD PAY" are the troops getting now a day's?
This space for rent
Soup4Rush

Post by Soup4Rush »

I dated a girl whose Dad was an E7 in the Airforce. They lived onbase at Hickam in a really nice townhome. They had a BMW, a Jeep Cherokee and a Bayliner Boat. They also had 2 other kids. They lived pretty good. but he was an E7 too.
Happy 2015!
Walkinghairball
Location: In a rock an roll venue near you....as long as you are in the Pacific Northwest.

I think I made around $1,000 a month or so. Hell I don't remember, I've slept since then. :-D
This space for rent
Soup4Rush

Post by Soup4Rush »

I made $1200 a month as an E4, but all my expenses were paid. barracks, utilities, chow pass. The only thing I had was a motorcycle payment and a drinking habit. I got 30 days of leave, free medical and dental. and I got to travel. For me, the military was a great deal. I still kick my ass for getting out.
Happy 2015!
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

I know.....it was the same for me, but the times have changed Soup....Nowadays, the medical/dental is NOT free....It's a discount DELTA plan....It just gets worse from there...
Don't start none...won't be none.
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

*grumbles and moves on so she doesn't say something she shouldn't*
Onward and Upward!
Soup4Rush

Post by Soup4Rush »

go ahead t, It would not be the first time someone said something controversial. <--- is that spelled right :? DA probably thinks I am Bush's little brother :razz: :-D
Happy 2015!
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

go ahead t....let 'er rip....this thread was made for it....besides, our Founding Fathers didn't see eye-to-eye, yaknow? Our country was founded by people that didn't get along...how cool is that?

Besides,

I'm all for robust debate (and an occasional verbal pummeling) hahaha
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

Ah, it would just go along with what most here prolly think anyway. I think the military pay stinks and that this entitlement mentality sucks and that our government officials should live on less and get fewer perks.

There, I think I said it nicely.
Onward and Upward!
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

no prob there...I agree with you on the officials...
Soup4Rush

Post by Soup4Rush »

wow t... you really let er rip. bet you pissed everyone off now :roll: :razz: :-D
Happy 2015!
Walkinghairball

I'm mad as a hatter! :x :P :shock: :( :-D :razz: :evil: :? :twisted: :shock: :-)
This space for rent
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

It's not really entitlement to the troops t....The troops sign a contract for enlistment, so in essence they are CONTRACTORS, and as such, the government agrees to provide them with basic--and I mean BASIC entitlements....Now the bigwigs, on the other hand...that's a whole different story...
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

Soup4Rush wrote:wow t... you really let er rip. bet you pissed everyone off now :roll: :razz: :-D
I'd had time to quiet down and just stated it calmly, unlike what I would have done if I had responded when I first read it.
Onward and Upward!
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

CygnusX1 wrote:It's not really entitlement to the troops t....The troops sign a contract for enlistment, so in essence they are CONTRACTORS, and as such, the government agrees to provide them with basic--and I mean BASIC entitlements....Now the bigwigs, on the other hand...that's a whole different story...
You misunderstand me, and I can see why, as I did not specify.

I do not think the troops are entitlement minded. They deserve to be paid. It is the government officials (and many others in this country who want the good life but aren't willing to work) who have the entitlement mentality. The troops work and they work HARD.
Onward and Upward!