What Ameircans believe about Iraq, 9/11, etc.

Open discussion about the world we live in today. Topics in here can get heated, but please keep it civil.

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

Soup4Rush

Post by Soup4Rush »

Well, I think we are going to talk to some recuiters in the next few days, I want him to finish his junior and senior year before he does anything. He actually is interested in the Navy but did not think he could go into the Navy reserve. I asked him what he thought about active duty Navy or Air Force, I think he may lean that way. The Navy is a bit safer and he can learn something for the civilian world, plus I think he would make a good officer someday.
Happy 2015!
ElfDude

Post by ElfDude »

Big Blue Owl wrote:Hello, my friend. Yes, I've been dealing with great sadness for a while, but I've come out the other side of it and feel pretty darned good today.

How're things on your end?
You're probably not gonna tell me about it, are you?
Aren't you the guy who hit me in the eye?
Big Blue Owl

Post by Big Blue Owl »

Elf, check your PMs.

Soup, good thinking on the waiting until after senior year to actually make the move. Give him a bit longer to "cook."

It's a brave, faithful soul who volunteers for the armed services these days. Hats off to your boy.
(((((((((((((((all'a you)))))))))))))))
Soup4Rush

Post by Soup4Rush »

Thanks BBO... glad to hear you are doing OK... :-)
Happy 2015!
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

Definitely have him finish school; I am in agreement with that one.

I am also in agreement that you should be proud he is interested in joining. Ya done good, Soups! :D
Onward and Upward!
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

BBO! *moshes about*

Welcome hame, man!
Onward and Upward!
ElfDude

Post by ElfDude »

awip2062 wrote: Welcome hame, man!
It's that word again...
Aren't you the guy who hit me in the eye?
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

The word! The word! *covers her eyes and runs screaming from the computer*

Oh, wait. I posted "that" word.
Onward and Upward!
Me

Post by Me »

Big Blue Owl wrote:Haha! Nice one, Elf :-D

:-D Nice one BBO...Nice to see you back around anything I can do let me know, heart ach is tuff. If indeed that's what it is, at any rate hope your OK now.
When evil is allowed to compete with good, evil has an emotional populist appeal that wins out unless good men & women stand as a vanguard against abuse.
Me

Post by Me »

Mr. Potatoe Head wrote:Congradulations Soupy on raising a good kid

I am not any expert on war planning and can only speculate on the reason
why. Nevertheless I try and look at all the facts such as populations resources etc Iraq has petroleum, natural gas, phosphates and sulfur that's about it for natural resources 13% arable land, 0.61% permanent crops with a population as of 7/06 26,783,383---Iran petroleum, natural gas, coal, chromium, copper, lead, iron ore, magnesium, zinc and sulfur 9.78% arable land, 1.29% permanent crops population 68,688,433 as of 7/06 and the USA 18% arable land lots of natural resources with a population of 298,444,215 as of 7/06
so of course we need more petroleum to run our economy and keep it running. At any rate does anyone realize that the worlds supplie of Zinc is est. to dry up by 2008, chromium by the end of this decade copper by 2015 I for one don't believe that the internal riff in Iraq is not all about religion
it is more about control and power. Control and power may just be the reason why we are there too, if you get down to the basics. You got to ask yourself who is to blaim for global warming the seller or the user of fossil fuels? Would you want to live under control with little freedom where woman are depressed in a hot arid desert. Would you want your children to grow up learning hate. Some of the things I hear about Iraq, Iran and other countries in the middle east is hard for me to believe growing up in America. How can anyone think that they are better than another it is just so strange and foreign to me but yet I do see it here everyday too on a lesser scale but it is in everyone same as prejudices and if you say your not your a liar something we may not like about ourselves but it is there in one form or another. Humans are hatefull beings no getting around that either. When we understand our nature in nature we shall make great strides in peace too. Nonetheless we all are going to have to learn to live on less. I think maybe to much at times another question I ask myself why does one want more than they need as in millions and millions... one reason may be to be able to survive in times of war and strife. Even on this board I see how people like power and control have big egos etc...So the question is why a nobel pursuit to want to have peace and democracy thur out the world but human nature as it is now it is not going to happen so perhaps it is about our security and our freedom not to let the evil of the lesser evil get a hand up. In the end we are all living on the devils bed post and back the basics, it is about power and control for the strongest survives. President Bush may save face for increasing troops putting the responsiblity on Iraq to accomplish there own democracy and if they don't it's their own fault then he can leave the mess with the democrats. It is about weapons of mass destruction too as if Iran accomplishs their directive we need Iraq for our strategy so it is about our freedom too especially if they want to kill us
such has been said so either now or later what do you choose. One more thing if you can string this mess that I wrote together give yourself a pat on the back because I think to thick in a crooked line...sorry.
One could say all the money spent would of been spent on securing our boarders and helping the enviorment but what good would that do if nukes started raining down so we shall go down the road of the sword and see what happens.
This should be bumped so everyone can get a chance to read it. Anymore comments about it, besides Xanny's?
When evil is allowed to compete with good, evil has an emotional populist appeal that wins out unless good men & women stand as a vanguard against abuse.
Xanadu

Post by Xanadu »

ElfDude wrote:
Xanadu wrote:A fat one with rabies :-D
Oh, leave Ted Kennedy alone! :-D

:lol: LOL!
We're all mad here!
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

Soup4Rush wrote:Well, I think we are going to talk to some recuiters in the next few days, I want him to finish his junior and senior year before he does anything. He actually is interested in the Navy but did not think he could go into the Navy reserve. I asked him what he thought about active duty Navy or Air Force, I think he may lean that way. The Navy is a bit safer and he can learn something for the civilian world, plus I think he would make a good officer someday.
I can vouch for that bro. I went in, learned a skill and got a sweet job out of it. Best move I ever made. You can Ged bennies out of a two-year hitch now! SILLY!! :headbang:
Don't start none...won't be none.
Walkinghairball
Location: In a rock an roll venue near you....as long as you are in the Pacific Northwest.

Post by Walkinghairball »

One of the guy's I work with, well his son is going Army Nat. Guard.

Check this out.................$18,000 enlistment bonus, and like $73,000 for college.

Can't beat it.
I told him to look for a MOS that will give him a better chance for a good "Real world" job. Then thought, hell with $73 large, he can retrain for whatever.......Or at least pay for a good chunk of whatever retraining.
Still can't beat that.
This space for rent
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

Walkinghairball wrote:One of the guy's I work with, well his son is going Army Nat. Guard.

Check this out.................$18,000 enlistment bonus, and like $73,000 for college.

Can't beat it.
I told him to look for a MOS that will give him a better chance for a good "Real world" job. Then thought, hell with $73 large, he can retrain for whatever.......Or at least pay for a good chunk of whatever retraining.
Still can't beat that.
oh HELLS yeah. :-D
Don't start none...won't be none.
Walkinghairball
Location: In a rock an roll venue near you....as long as you are in the Pacific Northwest.

Post by Walkinghairball »

Pretty sweet deal for a kid wanting to be a man.
This space for rent