Coheed and Cambria

Music outside of Rush

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

PV
Site Admin

Coheed and Cambria

Post by PV »

Has anyone heard of this band? They are being touted as "the new Rush." They had never even been Rush fans! :? I have only heard snippets of their songs and I have to admit, there is a definite similarity to their styles and sound. Anyone have any input on them?

To hear some short clips of their music:

http://music.barnesandnoble.com/search/ ... 6726&ITM=3

There are some news articles out there as well that name them as "the new Rush" but I can't find them right now. I'll look and post links when I can get them. In the meantime, any information you all can give, and your opinions, I'd love to hear them.
I don't have faith in faith, I don't believe in belief, You can call me faithless, I still cling to hope, And I believe in love, And that's faith enough for me... Neil Peart
exit

Post by exit »

I think that Coheed and Cambria have been given the tag of the New Rush due to the voice of Claudio Sanchez.I have seen them live and i rate them highly, they are not great musicians by Rush's standard but they are a good band.IMO they are alot better than the same old bandwagon fodder out there and are well worth a listen.
Ogg

Post by Ogg »

I swear I posted a C and C thread here a while back, great band.
Walkinghairball
Location: In a rock an roll venue near you....as long as you are in the Pacific Northwest.

Post by Walkinghairball »

Wow, I will definitely check them out in more depth. Did it again.
This space for rent
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

H saw them on The Warped Tour recently. She said they were one of the bands she really dug there.
Onward and Upward!
exit

Post by exit »

I'm not sure this link will work :? but this will give a taster of what Coheed sound like.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=DE2e2Gf8NAk

Coheeds latest video from the new album

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DE2e2Gf8NAk
exit

Post by exit »

awip2062 wrote:H saw them on The Warped Tour recently. She said they were one of the bands she really dug there.
She has good taste Awip :D .Walkinghairball how do you rate them?.I went to see them again 2wks ago and they never fail but to impress me they are supporting Linkin Park in the States this summer i hope they win over the crowd.Here is a link to the latest video it has nothing to do with the song but i found it quite amusing.
http://musicbox.sonybmg.com/videos/cohe ... a/feathers

You've got to get passed the commercial first.
Message to Ogg if you get the chance to see them live don't pass up on it, they really won't disappoint.
Last edited by exit on Fri Feb 08, 2008 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Walkinghairball
Location: In a rock an roll venue near you....as long as you are in the Pacific Northwest.

Exit said:
Walkinghairball how do you rate them?.
That was a while ago. I have slept since then, :-) but I promise to give a good listen.
This space for rent
exit

Post by exit »

Walkinghairball wrote:Exit said:
Walkinghairball how do you rate them?.
That was a while ago. I have slept since then, :-) but I promise to give a good listen.
The new song is ok but alot of their material is much deeper, now your out of hibernation, i recommend :lol:
Walkinghairball

WOAH!!!!!!

They have been playing Running Free on the radio here for a while now............I thought it was a chick band. I failed. Love this song!!!
This space for rent
exit

Post by exit »

Walkinghairball wrote:WOAH!!!!!!

They have been playing Running Free on the radio here for a while now............I thought it was a chick band. I failed. Love this song!!!
Coheed never get played here :( but are building a great fan base in spite of that, now what band did that in the past................... ah Rush :-D .
Walkinghairball

I will you tube every thing they have tonight after I get home after work.
This space for rent
exit

Post by exit »

Walkinghairball wrote:I will you tube every thing they have tonight after I get home after work.
Thankyou :)
Walkinghairball

exit wrote:
Walkinghairball wrote:I will you tube every thing they have tonight after I get home after work.

Some of the songs they do remind me of high school pop music, but some I like a lot. We went out and bought a bunch of new CD's today. Included are the following 2 from Coheed and Cambria.

No World for Tomorrow........... 2 CD, 1 DVD Set and In Keeping Secrets of Silent Earth:3

Now to get time to listen to them. :-D
This space for rent
exit

Post by exit »

Walkinghairball wrote:
exit wrote:

Some of the songs they do remind me of high school pop music, but some I like a lot. We went out and bought a bunch of new CD's today. Included are the following 2 from Coheed and Cambria.

No World for Tomorrow........... 2 CD, 1 DVD Set and In Keeping Secrets of Silent Earth:3

Now to get time to listen to them. :-D
In keeping secrets is my favourite album :-) The title song is great and the 1st song i heard of Coheed's which is 'The Crowing' love that too.
No world...... The stand out tracks for me are:-

Mother Superior
Feathers
Running Free
The End complete
The road and the damned
On the Brink

Hope you get as much enjoyment from these cds as i have had.
:smt020