Rush in Rio

A place to discuss the live albums

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

schuette

Rush in Rio

Post by schuette »

someone sent me the CD and firstly I need to thank them shitloads!!!!.....you know who you are and words cant thank you enough..

As for the CD once again Rush has not let me down (when have they ever!!). To all you who seen the concert you are so so lucky as that would have been one hell of a concert to see!!....infact I cried when I first heard it.... :roll:
Mermaid of the Lunar Sea

Post by Mermaid of the Lunar Sea »

I can't believe I haven't told ya'll that I got both the CDs and the DVD. Awesome, of course. I'm so glad you got to hear it, schu! 8)
KaelMwithascrubbrush
Location: I don't know, but there's a snake in my boot and an arrow just hit me in the butt!

Post by KaelMwithascrubbrush »

I don't ahve the CDs yet, but I gotta get them because when I was fortunate (and grateful) enough to see them in Kansas City, they played both "Between the Sun and Moon" and "Vital Signs," and those aren't on the DVD and VS has to be one of my flavo-right Rush diddly-doos ever :cry:
"I broke a mirror in my house. I'm supposed to get seven years bad luck, but my lawyer thinks he can get me five."
-Steven Wright
afterimage

Post by afterimage »

Mermaid used my word Awesome
"Swept away like voices in a hurricane, In a vapor trail"
FerrariF1

Post by FerrariF1 »

Last edited by FerrariF1 on Tue Jul 13, 2010 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Amarok

Post by Amarok »

Today was one of the best days in my life. Both, CDs and DVDs were sent to me.
And now, ladies and gentlemen, guess what I've done the whole day...
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

I know what you did all day, Amarok. You listened to your favorite album: Animal Magnetism! :wink:
Naw, seriously, you must have done what every good Rushian does when we ged a new CD of Rush....Picked on Alex!
Onward and Upward!
Soup4Rush

Post by Soup4Rush »

I know I am going to get creamed for this one, but I was listening to RIR in the car last night, and it strikes me that it is really bass heavy. I really noticed it on Distant Early Warning. It was to the point that a lot of Alex's parts were almost drowned out. I wonder if it was just the way it was mixed or what. I did not notice the bass as much when I saw them live. I love to listen to Geddy play but not to the point it drowns out the lead guitar specially on a song like DEW where I think Alex shines.
Happy 2015!
afterimage

Post by afterimage »

I think it may be in the mixing of the recording. The Rio recording sounded a bit like Vapor Trails that way. Live I did not notice the heavy bass as much.
Perhaps Geddy hijacked the controls. 8)
"Swept away like voices in a hurricane, In a vapor trail"
Soup4Rush

Post by Soup4Rush »

so I am not crazy thinking it sounded a bit bass heavy?
Happy 2015!
wcp

Post by wcp »

No your still crazy but you may be on to something :) ya i noticed a bit heavier bass at some points but i kinda liked it hahahaha.
Aerosmitten

Post by Aerosmitten »

wcp wrote:No your still crazy but you may be on to something :) ya i noticed a bit heavier bass at some points but i kinda liked it hahahaha.
You would! hehe

*Stalking Mr wee bassist man*
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

I must admit, I like the heavy bass sound. Guess that figures into why I like Dio so much too, eh?
Onward and Upward!
Amarok

Post by Amarok »

Ja, I think there's nothing wrong on that mixing. A good sound and I don't think Alex' guitar playing isn't noticed enough.
Kevin

Post by Kevin »

Kind of an old topic...but shit, im so happy i finnaly got rir (cd) that i had to post about it. I've only listened to two songs so far (im on distant early warning as i type) but im impressed with the quality. For all the things i heard about the equipment used to record it, i was expecting it to be poor. Ahhh....New World Man just started. ^___^

This is shaping up to be a good night. 8)