Just in Time for Christmas

All Rush, all the time

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

Slaine mac Roth

Just in Time for Christmas

Post by Slaine mac Roth »

"Sunlight On Chrome!!!" - Hot Wheels 1:18 166 Red Barchetta: Just in time for the holidays, perfect for Rush fans, Hot Wheels now offers a low cost 1:18 scale die cast "red Ferrari 166 MM Barchetta (the 'hero' of an old Rush song, 'Red Barchetta')". - Neil Peart (Ghost Rider, pg. 132). Seen in the "Red Barchetta" live video from Exit...Stage Left, the 166 MM Barchetta was the first production Ferrari; only thirty-eight of these hand built masterpieces were produced, from 1947 to 1953. The first "sports car" (as opposed to a race car) ever shown on a Ferrari chassis, the 166 got its name from the 166 cubic centimeters of capacity from each of its twelve cylinders. The MM signifies the Ferrari win of 1949 in the legendary, but grueling, Mille Miglia. With top speeds of 130mph, arguably the fastest sports car in the world at the time, the 166MM Barchetta (phonetically pronounced "Barketta", meaning "little boat") won 80 overall or class victories between April 1948 and December 1953, including the 24 Hours of Le Mans in 1949. Although other die cast models of this automobile have been available in the past, they were often very costly; Walmart.com is offering this 1:18 scale (approx 8" long) Hot Wheels model for just $19.74 (the year Peart joined the band...coincidence?) plus tax and shipping (note: Walmart.com does not ship outside of the U.S.). - Nov. 9, 2004
'Do not despise the snake for having no horns, for who is to say it will not become a dragon?'
D'Anconia

Post by D'Anconia »

Cool! I need to put that on my Xmas list!!!
Regards,
Bri

"...from here in Oregon, where we are far too stupid to dispense our own gasoline." Neil Peart
D'Anconia

Post by D'Anconia »

I just checked walmart.com. It's out of stock. NOOOO!!!! :(
Regards,
Bri

"...from here in Oregon, where we are far too stupid to dispense our own gasoline." Neil Peart
Kares4Rush

Post by Kares4Rush »

Apparently it's out of stock all over the place! Been watching for two days now. Perhaps they will re-stock? (pleeze pleeze?)

I'm not a big car collector but this is cool. 8)

Freeze this moment a little bit longer...
Walkinghairball
Location: In a rock an roll venue near you....as long as you are in the Pacific Northwest.

Post by Walkinghairball »

The father in law is a car guy and we just told him to keep his eyes open......................... so he's now on the hunt for me. :-D
This space for rent
H3WMW

Post by H3WMW »

That's a nice gift eh?
Bassist of Joe's Band

FerrariF1

Post by FerrariF1 »

Last edited by FerrariF1 on Tue Jul 13, 2010 1:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Slaine mac Roth

Post by Slaine mac Roth »

A friend of mine whoowned a Ferrari for a while didn't think so. The damn thing spent more time in for repairs than it did on the road.
'Do not despise the snake for having no horns, for who is to say it will not become a dragon?'
H3WMW

Post by H3WMW »

I've always fancied a Ferrari Testarossa. If only I had the money.......

Anyone remember the game "Outrun"?
Bassist of Joe's Band

funky cm

Post by funky cm »

Went looking today.

Walmart, Toys-R-Us, Zellers no-

Real Canadian Superstore- right on top.... :-) :-) :-)

60 other units of 1:18 Metal Collection... felt stupid as I was on my knees looking through them all, but alas, did not find a second.
D'Anconia

Post by D'Anconia »

Looks like these guys have it in stock...

http://www.idcow.com/hw2031.html
Regards,
Bri

Walkinghairball
Location: In a rock an roll venue near you....as long as you are in the Pacific Northwest.

WOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! :-D
This space for rent
D'Anconia

Post by D'Anconia »

So I ordered mine and it's on the way. I can hear my wife complaining to me once I get it already - "How am I supposed to get you anything for Christmas when you keep buying things for yourself?!?" :oops:
Regards,
Bri

happysmilies007

Post by happysmilies007 »

beautiful!! :-D

i've always fancied a Lamborghini Gallardo. :razz:

gorgeous! *drools*

carolynn :evil:
"What do I do when we're not taping? Sit in a dark room and refine my plans for someday ruling Earth from a blimp. And chess." --Ryan Stiles .. brought to you by the letter 3!
Walkinghairball

Well the father in law can't find it so I ged to buy it for myself, and he'll cut me the check.......................... Still really cool. He went to about 10 places to look for it, gotta respect the leg work. :cool:
This space for rent