Strike!

Day to day life of the Rush fans

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

wcp

Strike!

Post by wcp »

Hello all!

its been a while since i have had the time to post anything relevant, but i have a real post now...yes i said it a REAL one, i bet no one ever thought that would happen eh?

o.k so i'm at my school (The University Of Windsor) and our campus police have just gone on strike, for about a week now. they are striking for higher pay and such, the usual.
The problem is that today (friday) i come to school and what do i see? the strikers have barracaded all of the teachers/staff parking on campus, allowing no one in. Now the teachers, staff, and campus police are all on the same union, so many of the teachers support the strikers however i am part of no union.
My parking has not been prohibited yet (student parking) but i wonder how long it will take before it does. and if that happens what do i do?

i support the strikers right to strike, hey they want more money go for it. But i myself have paid 150$ just to be able to park in these parking lots for the year, also if i cannot park, i cannot go to school and right now is the last 2 weeks before exams. this is a very bad time considering all my assignments are due and we have exam coverage, which is very important. So what do you guys think? i have paid over 2500 dollars this semester to go to school on top of the 150$ to be able to park in designated areas, on top of that i have exams and assignments due all next week. what would you guys do?

thanks, Craig
"John Rutsey, who was a viking then, Geddy, who wasn't a viking and myself formed the band as it isn't today to patrol war-torn areas of the Middle-East and to incurr as many debts as possible. This we did with a passion."
- Alex Lifeson
happysmilies007

Post by happysmilies007 »

geez, that sucks. i have no clue what to do if i were you, but is there some kind of higher authority you can go to??

dude, i'm sorry this is screwing up all you've paid for. i think that's a point you could make if you found somebody to talk to who might be able to do something about it.

carolynn :evil:
"What do I do when we're not taping? Sit in a dark room and refine my plans for someday ruling Earth from a blimp. And chess." --Ryan Stiles .. brought to you by the letter 3!
schuette

Post by schuette »

you should find out if you miss any work or not being able to get parked if you'll get compensation