Sammy
40%
David
60%

Total votes: 10

happysmilies007

Sammy H or David Lee?

Post by happysmilies007 »

couldn't choose myself, but David Lee Roth is most definitely hotter than Hagar..so i'm going with DLR! :P

carolynn :evil:
"What do I do when we're not taping? Sit in a dark room and refine my plans for someday ruling Earth from a blimp. And chess." --Ryan Stiles .. brought to you by the letter 3!
3 travelers

Post by 3 travelers »

Dave was great, but music quality, I thought, was better with Sammy.
LEMME SHOW YA SUMTHIN....!!!!
happysmilies007

don't gemme wrong, i LOOOOOVED Van Halen w/ Hagar, but i liked that quality of crisp-&-cleaness (-ness?? lol) VH had with DLR. it was just more..creative, in my opinion.

i personally liked the lyrics better with Hagar. they weren't trying to please the new 'era' of music with slutty lyrics then. believe me, it takes a tough gal to handle the disrespect the Dave-generation lyrics dish out. i can't say that's why most girls don't listen to real rock though, cause all the music on the radio today does the same thing..but with music that's not even an eighth of the quality. i'll take old VH anyday!! :-D

idk though, i mean, you're the boss 3! :P

"What do I do when we're not taping? Sit in a dark room and refine my plans for someday ruling Earth from a blimp. And chess." --Ryan Stiles .. brought to you by the letter 3!
Slaine mac Roth

Post by Slaine mac Roth »

I must admit that I have to go with the Diamond Dave era mainly because that's what I grew up with. My sister played me the first VH album when I was about 11 and I fell in love with the whole album. They could be patchy in quality, I can't get on with the Women and Children First album and some of 1984 I find a little dull but, when it comes to sheer excitement and exuberemce, its difficult to top stuff likeAin't Talkin' 'Bout Love, Atomic Punk, Beautiful Girls, Unchained or Sinner's Swing
'Do not despise the snake for having no horns, for who is to say it will not become a dragon?'
happysmilies007

from the Women & Children First album, i loooooooove And The Cradle Will Rock, but i can't say i like any of the other songs. to be honest, i cannot stand Atomic Punk..i dunno why, maybe it's cause it brings to mind the punk kids at my school when i hear it!! freaky, lemme tell ya!! i love Hot for Teacher & I'll Wait from 1984, but i haven't heard any of the other songs on it. my fave albums from the Hagar era are For Unlawful Carnal Knowledge (Top of the World, 316, & Right Now..all in a row!) & OU812..mainly for When it's Love! my fave Dave album was the just plain Van Halen album..i mean, (in order) Runnin w/ the Devil, Eruption, You Really Got Me, Ain't Talkin Bout Love, Jamie's Cryin, & Little Dreamer all on one album!! it's a beautiful thing! to be honest, i'm not much on Sinner's Swing, and not because of the language..i listen to GNR, it doesn't bother me much, but it just didn't call to me! :P i guesh it's just not a song i can get into.

ok, enough about that!

Walkinghairball
Location: In a rock an roll venue near you....as long as you are in the Pacific Northwest.

Post by Walkinghairball »

SammyVanHagarHalen!!!!!! :-)
This space for rent
schuette

Post by schuette »

had to be Dave for me :-D
happysmilies007

whb..you got it man :wink:

schu..you rule!! :-D