Rush on Rockline

All Rush, all the time

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

PV
Site Admin

Rush on Rockline

Post by PV »

Geddy and Alex will be appearing on Rockline on Wednesday, December 10, 2003 in the US and Canada. The call in show will air at 11:30 pm EST.
I don't have faith in faith, I don't believe in belief, You can call me faithless, I still cling to hope, And I believe in love, And that's faith enough for me... Neil Peart
Sir Myghin

Post by Sir Myghin »

i don't get rockline :shock: :? :x
PV
Site Admin

Post by PV »

A lot of folks caught the last one online. You may want to look in to that option?
I don't have faith in faith, I don't believe in belief, You can call me faithless, I still cling to hope, And I believe in love, And that's faith enough for me... Neil Peart
Sir Myghin

Post by Sir Myghin »

rather late but i probly will . heh RUSH ON!
by-tor

Post by by-tor »

If I remember, I plan on recording the show, and will have it available for download.
Don't tell me about rock and roll I'm out there in the clubs and on the streets and I'm living it! I am rock and roll!
Electra

new member and rockline

Post by Electra »

Hi. New member here. Always meant to join, but didn't until now. Call me Ellie, E, or Electra. I've loved Rush since I could figure out my dad's record player (maybe 6?). 20 now. :)

Anyhoo, I'm planning on calling rockline and saying something to the guys. Any ideas? I don't want to sound like a total arse. Any idea how long they'll give me to say something? I'd guess about 1 minute and I don't want to waste it. Course that's if I can even get through. Something to get them talking. Maybe if I just say baseball, Geddy won't shut up. :D But seriously, give me some good ideas for questions. Thanks fellow Rush fans.

It's airing 10:30pm central time, right?
Ellie
wcp

Post by wcp »

last time i called in and had about....30 seconds to ask my question (it was the end of the show) their response was about a minute, maybe a bit more, ask them this:
"if you could be any tree, what tree would you be?" i think they will like it, or ask them what's happening in 2004! what's Rush gonna be doing?
PV
Site Admin

Re: new member and rockline

Post by PV »

Electra wrote:Hi. New member here. Always meant to join, but didn't until now. Call me Ellie, E, or Electra. I've loved Rush since I could figure out my dad's record player (maybe 6?). 20 now. :)
Welcome to the board, E! That's what my grandmother called me when I was a kid. Do you mind if I stick with that for you? :D

Good luck with your call-in! That is great! Our very own WCP made it on last time so take his advice. 8) We shall all be listening for you. And yes, it is 10:30 central time.
PV
Site Admin

Post by PV »

Shall we have a listening chat tonight? Everyone log in to your favorite IM and tune in to the interview? We did that in Feb/Mar and it was great fun!
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

Welcome E! My youngest son is named Eagle and I somtimes refer to him as E, but I don't think I willconfuse you with him!

Rush on!
Onward and Upward!
Phildogger

I just talked to them!!!!

Post by Phildogger »

Awesome!!! I finally got through, and thanked them for 30 years of incredible music, and then asked them if they have a preference for oldr vs Newer material live, and what determines their set lists. Wow, I actually spoke to Geddy Lee. I think I can die happy now!!!!

Philsie
"Living in their Pools, they soon forget about the Sea..."
PV
Site Admin

Post by PV »

That was you I heard cutting in and out? :D Excellent! :D You'll never wash that ear again I suppose? :wink: Congratulations, man! You lucky phildogger.
Sir Myghin

Post by Sir Myghin »

awesome stuff, i missed that on in the net broadcast gimping i'm afraid
Electra

Ahhh!

Post by Electra »

Busy signal...busy signal...Argh!!! And I'm listening online and it keeps cutting out. I hope someone gets a better copy of this than I'm recording. I've got to get through. I've got to talk to Geddy! Alex is cool too, btw. I just love Geddy best. :D

I'm really happy for those of you that are getting through. Good luck to the rest that are trying.
Ellie
PV
Site Admin

Post by PV »

Hey E! Keep on trying! :D My connection is bad as well. I believe the interview will be on rush.com very soon. So there is hope!