How many people have seen Rush live ?

All Rush, all the time

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

Spake_Man

How many people have seen Rush live ?

Post by Spake_Man »

how many people on this forum have seen rush live, i saw them sept 14th and they still sound amazing !
" And with the spade, spake ! "
Ogg

Post by Ogg »

I saw them the following day :-D . Check this out spake http://www.by-tor.com/temp_forums/viewtopic.php?t=872
Ogg wrote:For two years I have held the secret here , avoiding the places where I could be asked THE question. I often wondered if I would be found out but no one ever did. I have never lied or sought to alter the truth. My only vice has been one of envy for those who have...but now I can hold my head high.
I travelled to Birmingham yesterday for the closing UK date of Rush last night. After a twenty three year obsession I, I...I FINALLY GET TO SEE RUSH LIVE...FOR THE THE FIRST TIME IN MY LIFE...EVER!!!
I never seemed to have the finances having had children so young and I had to endure friends return from shows with tales of glee but now I have my own story. I hope you dont think anything less of me, believe me I've punished myelf over the years for not being a 'true' fan.
I have to help my son with his homework so a full report will follow.
I will admit to a few tears during the opening medley. I sang along to every song, gave the air drums a beating (much to the amusement of my mate) and I was the only one in my section to stand at the end of Neil's solo (more emotion) to show my Repsect. Being the rebels we are, we ignored the no smoking policy and took a few spliffs to the show. I will never forget lighting up to the opening blast of Tom Sawyer, TOM SAWYER!!! Another of 'those' moments for sure. I phoned the wife during the acoustic Resist (one of her faves) and she shared the entire song with me. What a night.
Much more to follow, I know you've seen them a multitude of times but I havent ok? :-) .
Thanks for listening, a complete Ogg.

Slaine mac Roth

Post by Slaine mac Roth »

Wembley on the 9th was the sixth time I've seen them and, hopefully, won't be the last.
'Do not despise the snake for having no horns, for who is to say it will not become a dragon?'
H3WMW

Post by H3WMW »

I've seen them 6 times.

SECC, Glasgow - April 15th 1992
Wembley Arena, London - September 8th 2004
Wembley Arena, London - September 9th 2004
NEC, Birmingham - September 11th 2004
MEN, Manchester - September 12th 2004
SECC, Glasgow - September 14th 2004
Bassist of Joe's Band

Ogg

Post by Ogg »

H3WMW wrote:I've seen them 6 times.

Show off :-D .
H3WMW

Post by H3WMW »

Ogg wrote:
H3WMW wrote:I've seen them 6 times.

Show off :-D .
Why, thank you dear Sir. :-D
Bassist of Joe's Band

dw_drummer93

Post by dw_drummer93 »

I've only seen them once and that was last May in Nashville, TN on their 30th Anniversary Tour. I hope its not the last time I'll see 'em... :(
Hearing is believing...
H3WMW

Post by H3WMW »

dw_drummer93 wrote:I've only seen them once and that was last May in Nashville, TN on their 30th Anniversary Tour. I hope its not the last time I'll see 'em... :(
I'm sure it won't be mate.
Bassist of Joe's Band

Walkinghairball
Location: In a rock an roll venue near you....as long as you are in the Pacific Northwest.

Post by Walkinghairball »

Once, at The Gorge. 1996 T4E tour.

Man what a show. :cool:
This space for rent
3 travelers

Post by 3 travelers »

I lost count.... but have been to every show that's been in my general area since the Roll the Bones tour
LEMME SHOW YA SUMTHIN....!!!!
Monkey Wrench

Post by Monkey Wrench »

Every single one since Power Windows tour. If they came two nights in a row I also went both times and always grabbed real good seats. Usually within the first few rows from the stage. I won't settle for anything less! So to answer the question, I guess it's been dozens of times.
D'Anconia

Post by D'Anconia »

20 times for me. 6 of those were on the last tour. 8)
Regards,
Bri

"...from here in Oregon, where we are far too stupid to dispense our own gasoline." Neil Peart
schuette

Post by schuette »

all the tours since Permanent Waves in 1980 that they've been to Scotland
Me

Post by Me »

first time 1986 Convention Center Arena San Antonio TX "Power Windows"
Last edited by Me on Thu Mar 24, 2005 7:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
When evil is allowed to compete with good, evil has an emotional populist appeal that wins out unless good men & women stand as a vanguard against abuse.
happysmilies007

Post by happysmilies007 »

i'm only 14, but since my dad's such a big fan, i've been 3 times..in this order:

1st: St. Petersburg, FL..February 19th, 1990..my mom was pregnant w/ me, so i didn't get to see anything :(
2nd: Raleigh, NC..July 4th, 2002..first time i can remember seeing RUSH, though i'd JUST gotten into them & didn't know most of the songs :oops:
3rd: Charlotte, NC..May 28th, 2004..BIG change from the last time. the only songs i didn't know were By-tor, Animate (of course i sang the parts i knew!), & all the Feedback ones because..well, i'm just not that old. but several people told my dad & i after the show they couldn't believe i sang almost every single song..which made my father very proud. :-D

i know most everybody's heard this, but it's fun to post, so i'll do it again!

i fell in love with RUSH just a few months before they began the 2002 tour..i remember the night i did, i searched all over the internet for tour dates, but Dad said it'd been so long, he didn't think they'd ever tour again..so imagine his shock when, just a few months after his 12yrold daughter began to love his favorite band, RUSH announced a tour. :-D

i'm a lucky girl to have seen them as many times as i have..i'm hoping they'll do Raleigh & Charlotte if they tour again, so i can catch 2 shows & bring my record up to 5!! 8)

carolynn
"What do I do when we're not taping? Sit in a dark room and refine my plans for someday ruling Earth from a blimp. And chess." --Ryan Stiles .. brought to you by the letter 3!