By-Tor.com Forum Index By-Tor.com
It's all about the Rush

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Tsunami Relief

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Slaine mac Roth

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2005 4:52 pm    Post subject: Tsunami Relief Reply with quote

from rush.com

World Vision, Red Cross and UNICEF are engaged in a joint partnership with the Canadian Broadcasting Cooperation (CBC) to air a National TV Broadcast on Thursday January 13th from 7:00 - 10:00 PM in an attempt to raise millions of dollars for victims of the Tsunami Relief.

At present there are commitments from many of Canada's top entertainers: Celine Dion, Tom Cochrane, Barenaked Ladies, Rush, Blue Rodeo, Jann Arden, Oscar Peterson, Daniel Lanois, Bruce Cockburn and many more. As this is a disaster that touches many countries, races, religions, ages et al- virtually every element of humanity - our hopes are that this CBC event will be a metaphor for us as Canadians to evidence a heartfelt response from all walks of life. To that end, the 3 hour broadcast will also feature personalities from all artistic and cultural communities. Margaret Atwood is helping to outreach to the literary world, Chief Mecredi has pledged to contact artists from the First Nations communities etc. From hockey to Olympians, from dancers to comics, the event will be a star-studded coalition of caring Canadians
Slaine mac Roth

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2005 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Canada For Asia: "Rush will be participating in a charity telethon organized by Tom Cochrane to benefit the Tsunami Disaster Fund. The show will air on Thursday, January 13th and will be broadcast on Canadian television on CBC. Please check your local listings for more details." - Rush.com, Jan. 7, 2005

"The concert will air 'live' to the Atlantic region from 18:00 - 21:00ET, with delays to 7:00 pm local time for Quebec/Ontario, Man/Sask, Alberta and BC." - Also from CBC.ca, Jan. 7, 2005

Power Windows
Me

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2005 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a wonderful gift of sharing, makes my heart sing with happiness
knowing kindness, caring and peace holds the hearts of many.
happysmilies007

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2005 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harumph! Smile it's good to know that so many people care..enough to do something about it. this was not an act of terror, racism, or stupidity..this was an act of nature. it was no one's fault, but everyone should help to make it better

it really is terrible it took 150,000 deaths to get us all to come together though, really.

carolynn
neilpeart_gal

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sure hope this concert raises a lot of $$. I also hope I can find it online to watch. If I do, I'll be sure and donate something to the cause.
wcp

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't wait to see! good old CBC
"John Rutsey, who was a viking then, Geddy, who wasn't a viking and myself formed the band as it isn't today to patrol war-torn areas of the Middle-East and to incurr as many debts as possible. This we did with a passion."
- Alex Lifeson
Mermaid of the Lunar Sea

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I expected no less from Rush. Good men!

Will there be a way to see it online?
Kares4Rush

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw it on line last night at cbc.ca. Shoot! I thought the address was posted here somewhere!!!

It was sweet. CTTH with Bubbles from Trailer Park Boys and Ed Robertson from Barenaked Ladies. But I think Rush.com is going to have it on line soon.

I hope they raised LOTS of money!!! Very Happy

Freeze this moment a little bit longer...
Rushgirl

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From all accounts, they raised over 4 Million!!!!!!
Despite being down with the flu, I got my lame ass up and watched it!!! Spectacular!!!!!!!!!!! Not too often you see other performers jamming with the masters eh??? Cool
Post new topic   Reply to topic       By-Tor.com Forum Index -> Rush All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: