hello, hello

Day to day life of the Rush fans

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

Mermaid of the Lunar Sea

hello, hello

Post by Mermaid of the Lunar Sea »

Hi everyone. Some of you know me. Others do not. I use to post here all the time (I think I'm still a moderator), but I looked and noticed that I haven't written anything since March of last year! :shock: Things just got so busy, and I was on the computer less. So, I wanted to say "hi" to my old friends and introduce myself to everyone else...

I'm Mermaid! I just recently moved from Southeastern Connecticut to the Atlanta, Georgia area (much nicer weather). I'm 28 y/o. Female. I'm married to a submarine officer who is out to sea doing his thing. I've actually moved back in with my parents until he gets out of the Navy later this year. Right now I have no career or anything. Just getting settled into Georgian life again. I write poetry and short stories. None of which I'm inclined to share at this time, though. ;)

Anyway, I hope to be posting more and more here. And I hope to get reacquainted with my old friends and make new ones! :-D
rushlight

Post by rushlight »

It's good to see you again Mermaid. :-)
I love my Welshman.
happysmilies007

Post by happysmilies007 »

Mermaid, i don't think we've ever been formally introduced, but welcome back!! i'm carolynn, & it's nice to meet you :-D

carolynn
"What do I do when we're not taping? Sit in a dark room and refine my plans for someday ruling Earth from a blimp. And chess." --Ryan Stiles .. brought to you by the letter 3!
Walkinghairball
Location: In a rock an roll venue near you....as long as you are in the Pacific Northwest.

Post by Walkinghairball »

Hey kiddo, your friendly neighborhood Walkinghairball here. My wife, Orlando's LOVESLAVE and I are around so we'll see you there, or here, or wherever................. I'm lost.

Hey, a sub dude huh? He doin thingies over there, or you could tell, but then you would have to kill us?!?!?!?!?!?! :-D

Anyhoo, I served mid to late 80's in the Army Infantry, I support him no matter where he is serving. Tell him to drive on for us would you??
This space for rent
neilpeart_gal

Post by neilpeart_gal »

Mermaid!!!! Long time, no see!!! :) :) Glad to have you back around!

Did you notice that I've found the love of my life.....on a Rush board, nonetheless!!! :) :love5:
schuette

Post by schuette »

good to have you back among us Mer :-D ...now quit with excuses and start posting girl!!! 8)
3 travelers

Re: hello, hello

Post by 3 travelers »

Mermaid of the Lunar Sea wrote:Hi everyone. Some of you know me. Others do not. I use to post here all the time (I think I'm still a moderator), but I looked and noticed that I haven't written anything since March of last year! :shock: Things just got so busy, and I was on the computer less. So, I wanted to say "hi" to my old friends and introduce myself to everyone else...

I'm Mermaid! I just recently moved from Southeastern Connecticut to the Atlanta, Georgia area (much nicer weather). I'm 28 y/o. Female. I'm married to a submarine officer who is out to sea doing his thing. I've actually moved back in with my parents until he gets out of the Navy later this year. Right now I have no career or anything. Just getting settled into Georgian life again. I write poetry and short stories. None of which I'm inclined to share at this time, though. ;)

Anyway, I hope to be posting more and more here. And I hope to get reacquainted with my old friends and make new ones! :-D
* Goddess in my garden, sister in my soul*... how are ya Mermaid. I don't think we've formally met... I've been here since July of '04.... and loved every damned minute of it!!!!
LEMME SHOW YA SUMTHIN....!!!!
Ogg

Post by Ogg »

I welcomed Mermaid back privately last week, a welcome re-addition to the By-Tor family, she's lovely :-) .
3 travelers

Post by 3 travelers »

Ogg wrote:I welcomed Mermaid back privately last week, a welcome re-addition to the By-Tor family, she's lovely :-) .
Oggster you maniac.... how the hell are ya!!??
Kares4Rush

Post by Kares4Rush »

Mermaid!!! So good to see you again!!!!! We missed you!!! :D

Freeze this moment a little bit longer...
Ogg

Post by Ogg »

3 travelers wrote:
Ogg wrote:I welcomed Mermaid back privately last week, a welcome re-addition to the By-Tor family, she's lovely :-) .
I'm good...as is the future of this board methinks :-) . Now to get the remaining exiles back here.
3 travelers

Post by 3 travelers »

Ogg wrote:
3 travelers wrote:
I'm good...as is the future of this board methinks :-) . Now to get the remaining exiles back here.
GO GET 'EM D........
Mermaid of the Lunar Sea

neilpeart_gal wrote:Mermaid!!!! Long time, no see!!! :) :) Glad to have you back around!

Did you notice that I've found the love of my life.....on a Rush board, nonetheless!!! :) :love5:
Ooooo. You'll have to PM me the details. Congrats! :D

Thanks everyone for the welcome back!!
Me

Post by Me »

Hello sweetie,

Nice to see you walking the alley's of our dreams once again.
When evil is allowed to compete with good, evil has an emotional populist appeal that wins out unless good men & women stand as a vanguard against abuse.
Mermaid of the Lunar Sea

Walkinghairball wrote:Hey kiddo, your friendly neighborhood Walkinghairball here. My wife, Orlando's LOVESLAVE and I are around so we'll see you there, or here, or wherever................. I'm lost.

Hey, a sub dude huh? He doin thingies over there, or you could tell, but then you would have to kill us?!?!?!?!?!?! :-D

Anyhoo, I served mid to late 80's in the Army Infantry, I support him no matter where he is serving. Tell him to drive on for us would you??
You asked some questions and I never answered...

He's on the PCU (Pre Commissioned Unit) Jimmy Carter. It's the newest sub in the fleet. Just finished its sea trials. There actually in Norfolk, VA right now undergoing maintenance. February 19th will be the commissioning (when it becomes the USS Jimmy Carter). I'm hoping to meet Jimmy Carter, though we missed getting to do that at the Christening. He's an amazing man. After Commissioning, I'm not even aloud to know what they're doing! He was on the USS Connecticut before this. He got to go to Norway, Scotland, and the North Pole... as well as a bunch of stuff I'll never know about. Anyway... thanks for the support! :) I'll be glad when his Navy days are a thing of the past! :razz: