Guilty Pleasures?

Music outside of Rush

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

New World Man

Guilty Pleasures?

Post by New World Man »

Hey gang,

I want to ask if any of you have bands/artists that you might be embarrased to admit to?

Now, you know that you can tell the fellow By-Torians anything so don't be ashamed around us.

Since I started this thread, I am going to see what develops and then (promise) will let you know my guilty pleasures. :-D
I'm in motion.
I am still.
I am crying.
I am still.
I'm together.
I'm apart.
I'm forever.
At the start.

Still... I am.
happysmilies007

Post by happysmilies007 »

ohhhhh my goodness, all the 'today' music (that's now yesterday) i've fallen prey to..

let's start w/ Dream, Dido, Pink, Vanessa Carlton..& i think that's it? they're not bad, i don't listen to them much anymore, but as a supposedly 'true' rocker, it's embarassing to admit to them! :P

ok, next!

carolynn
"What do I do when we're not taping? Sit in a dark room and refine my plans for someday ruling Earth from a blimp. And chess." --Ryan Stiles .. brought to you by the letter 3!
Fridge

Post by Fridge »

There is absolutely nothing that I am embarrassed about listening to...

If I like it, then I couldn't give a monkeys what anyone else thinks...

I really love ABBA, and don't care who knows it :D
Ach, if Dougie was here he'd tell you himself....
schuette

Post by schuette »

I'm like Fridge.....dont care who knows I love Robbie Williams ...mostly I dont like a full album but I like some songs of certain artists
Fridge

Post by Fridge »

schuette wrote:I'm like Fridge.....dont care who knows I love Robbie Williams
Whoah! I never said I like Robbie Williams!

Even I've got SOME pride :-D
Ach, if Dougie was here he'd tell you himself....
schuette

Post by schuette »

smart arse :razz:
New World Man

Post by New World Man »

I have very diverse tastes: Gordon Lightfoot to Pink Floyd, Christian pop to AC/DC, Barry Manilow to Yes, Cat Stevens to Led Zeppelin, John Denver to Jimi Hendrix, Bread to Meatloaf :tongue3: , The Carpenters to The Doors, Garth Brooks to The Who, The Platters to The Beatles, and the list goes on and on.

So some of them are guilty pleasures. I have a CD case that seems to have been packed by a schizophrenic! :confused2:
I'm in motion.
I am still.
I am crying.
I am still.
I'm together.
I'm apart.
I'm forever.
At the start.

Still... I am.
schuette

Post by schuette »

I have got a 12" single of Divine's, an album by Toyah and a few albums by Gary Numan.........although they haven't been played in years and years and years....
New World Man

Post by New World Man »

alright, any more guilty pleasures out there? Need some more dirt on those who haven't posted........... :-D
I'm in motion.
I am still.
I am crying.
I am still.
I'm together.
I'm apart.
I'm forever.
At the start.

Still... I am.
TheTrinity

Post by TheTrinity »

I wouldn't call it a guilty pleasure, but, I love bluegrass and consider Bill Monroe my number two musical hero behind Rush. I love all the 80's crap you care to name, except a few hair bands and Bon Jovi, bleah. :lol:
"Have drugs ever influenced your work?" ~ Geddy Lee: Constantly. Alex Lifeson: Absolutely.
Yestermorrow

Post by Yestermorrow »

TheTrinity wrote:I wouldn't call it a guilty pleasure, but, I love bluegrass and consider Bill Monroe my number two musical hero behind Rush. I love all the 80's crap you care to name, except a few hair bands and Bon Jovi, bleah. :lol:

ummm... Trin, :)

<<<-------- Likes Bon Jovi (One Wild Night, You Give Love a Bad Name, Thank You for Loving Me, etc) :oops:
Me

Post by Me »

My tastes vary quite a bit from classical to country from time to time, depending on my mood. (I don't own any country cds though) I heard "Rock On" today by David Essex I really like that song and haven't heard it in ages. Mostly I'm a prog rock, hard rock, acid rock kind of guy though. Xan turned me onto "Tangerine Dreams" which is cool to.
When evil is allowed to compete with good, evil has an emotional populist appeal that wins out unless good men & women stand as a vanguard against abuse.
TheTrinity

Post by TheTrinity »

Yestermorrow wrote:
TheTrinity wrote:I wouldn't call it a guilty pleasure, but, I love bluegrass and consider Bill Monroe my number two musical hero behind Rush. I love all the 80's crap you care to name, except a few hair bands and Bon Jovi, bleah. :lol:

<<<-------- Likes Bon Jovi (One Wild Night, You Give Love a Bad Name, Thank You for Loving Me, etc) :oops:
Heh heh sorry sweety, I guess I'm not as much of a chick as I thought. :-D
"Have drugs ever influenced your work?" ~ Geddy Lee: Constantly. Alex Lifeson: Absolutely.
Yestermorrow

Post by Yestermorrow »

TheTrinity wrote:
Yestermorrow wrote:

Heh heh sorry sweety, I guess I'm not as much of a chick as I thought. :-D

Nothing wrong with that! Music is the only legal mood-altering drug and you just don't happen to want to go where Bon Jovi leads. Bet you go some places I wouldn't dare to tread too, but then... maybe not. Love of music can take you to some strange places!

As the Memeister said earlier..... Rock On!
schuette

Post by schuette »

I saw Bon Jovi years ago and they put on a brilliant show!