Triumph

Music outside of Rush

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

New World Man

Triumph

Post by New World Man »

Anyone like Triumph here?

Canadian power trio, anyone know their story?

I like some of their songs, not sure they are around anymore though.
I'm in motion.
I am still.
I am crying.
I am still.
I'm together.
I'm apart.
I'm forever.
At the start.

Still... I am.
Slaine mac Roth

Post by Slaine mac Roth »

I've only heard a couple by them (I Live for the Weekend and Magic Power) but they sounded pretty impressive.
'Do not despise the snake for having no horns, for who is to say it will not become a dragon?'
schuette

Post by schuette »

I've got one of there albums...........but I cant remember it's name :?
I used to listen to it a lot but since I need a stylus for my record player I've not heard it for a long time
Walkinghairball
Location: In a rock an roll venue near you....as long as you are in the Pacific Northwest.

Post by Walkinghairball »

I saw Triumph in concert Here in Spokane back in 1982 or 1983, I don't remember exactly. I think Coney Hatch opened for them, but I have consumed alot of stuff between then and now, so for all I know it could have been Madonna for fugg sakes.

Anyhow, Triumph............. What an awesome group. Ric Emmitt and Gil Moore are some singing fool's. Magic power, Allied Forces, Fight the good fight, Hold on.............. man they wrote good, powerful, memorable stuff.

I saw more pot smoke and more boobs at that show, than any other concert I've ever been to. :-D
This space for rent
3 travelers

Post by 3 travelers »

Walkinghairball wrote:I saw Triumph in concert Here in Spokane back in 1982 or 1983, I don't remember exactly. I think Coney Hatch opened for them, but I have consumed alot of stuff between then and now, so for all I know it could have been Madonna for fugg sakes.

Anyhow, Triumph............. What an awesome group. Ric Emmitt and Gil Moore are some singing fool's. Magic power, Allied Forces, Fight the good fight, Hold on.............. man they wrote good, powerful, memorable stuff.

I saw more pot smoke and more boobs at that show, than any other concert I've ever been to. :-D
Pot and Boobs.... just what men like us need to get thru the day :-D
LEMME SHOW YA SUMTHIN....!!!!
New World Man

Post by New World Man »

http://www.canoe.ca/JamMusicPopEncycloP ... iumph.html

Here is a site I found about them, will have to keep looking for something more in depth.
I'm in motion.
I am still.
I am crying.
I am still.
I'm together.
I'm apart.
I'm forever.
At the start.

Still... I am.
PV
Site Admin

Post by PV »

I love Triumph! I have all of their albums on vinyl but only their Greatest Hits on cd. I play it all of the time, my two personal favorites, and close to my heart songs being Magic Power (that song is SO me) and Hold On (so inspiring to keep plugging away through the shit of life). 8) AND, they were one of only two other bands fortunate enough to share wall space with my beloved Rush in my bedroom. :cool:

Funny Hold On story here.... A few summers ago I was cruising along the Pennsylvania Turnpike with all of the windows down and the music up. Well, Hold On comes on the cd player and the music went WAAAY up! Two guys in a convertible had been coming up on my left and when they got up next to me, they braked, gave me two thumbs up, and proceded to sing along and jam out to the song! :-D When the song ended, they blew me kisses :oops: and sped off. Damn... They were so hot... :cool:

I was fortunate enough to catch Triumph in concert several times during the early and mid 80s as they toured around New England. In fact, I was at the show in Providence, RI where they filmed the Follow Your Heart video. To this day, I can't listen to that song without wanting to pump my arms in the air as directed! :-D
I don't have faith in faith, I don't believe in belief, You can call me faithless, I still cling to hope, And I believe in love, And that's faith enough for me... Neil Peart
D'Anconia

Post by D'Anconia »

Rick Emmitt has done some decent solo stuff. I have a good acoustic CD he made. You can actually book shows off of his website.
Regards,
Bri

"...from here in Oregon, where we are far too stupid to dispense our own gasoline." Neil Peart
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

Triumph rocks! I loved them at the US Festival back in '83. They put on a good show. Too bad they aren't around anymore. I don't know of any sites that have band history, but I haven't looked. I did see some info on Ric's site, but it was mostly about the break up and subsequent difficulties.
Onward and Upward!
Walkinghairball
Location: In a rock an roll venue near you....as long as you are in the Pacific Northwest.

Post by Walkinghairball »

Fight the good fight Ric.
This space for rent
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

With ALL his might!
Onward and Upward!
Middle Kingdom

Post by Middle Kingdom »

Thunder Seven got me into Triumph.
I remember taping the video for Follow Your Heart into my tape recorder for the "live" crowd shouting the title.
Got the greatest hits cd too, as well as the follow to T7, that had Somebody's Out There on it.

Good stuff from these guys.
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

I LOVE Triumph....Recommended Listening(Albuims):

"Allied Forces"

"Progressions of Power"

BOTH are kick-ass, and a true symbol of the POWER of Rik Emmett's prowess on guitar...And YES, they often are assimilated with Rush...

Rik was doing solo projects the last I heard....

Siggy
Don't start none...won't be none.
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

Good albums, there, Siggy.

Too bad Rik's solo stuff isn't out and about more. But, he seems happy.
Onward and Upward!
Middle Kingdom

Post by Middle Kingdom »

Saved By Love is a great song from Rik.