Robert Plant

Music outside of Rush

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

Me

Robert Plant

Post by Me »

"Mighty Rearranger" comes out in the stores today going to pick me up a copy tonight.
My wife and I have tenth row tickets to see them this summer in Philadelphia.

Rolling Stones announced today that they are going on tour this summer... going to try and get tickets, as I've never seen them in concert.

Green Day is also touring in the fall here... just some gigs I'd like to attend...shaping up to be a good summer for music, so far.

Now if just one more would announce a tour, I'd be pleased.
When evil is allowed to compete with good, evil has an emotional populist appeal that wins out unless good men & women stand as a vanguard against abuse.
Walkinghairball
Location: In a rock an roll venue near you....as long as you are in the Pacific Northwest.

Post by Walkinghairball »

Hell yeah!! :razz:
This space for rent
schuette

Post by schuette »

sounds like a really good summer so far Me :-D .........better than here anyway :(
3 travelers

Post by 3 travelers »

PERCY RULES!!!
LEMME SHOW YA SUMTHIN....!!!!
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

I had 2nd row center seats with Sigette when we saw him on the Now and Zen tour...He broke down and did some Zep tunes, which was really a bonus, considering I won the tix, and was there expecting just Plant tunes...sweet gig :-D
Don't start none...won't be none.
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

All my plants used to be named Robert. Now they have other names too like Rush, Iron Maiden, The Osbournes,...
Onward and Upward!
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

SWEET!!! you GOTTA name at LEAST one of 'em Neil :-D
Ogg

Post by Ogg »

Am I not the only one that thinks that certain 'artists' like Plant, The Stones etc should give it a rest. I saw Plant in the 80's and it was awful to be honest and as for the Stones...ridiculous.
Someone has resurrected the 'Monsters Of Rock' over here in the summer, such acts as headliners Deep Purple, Alice Cooper, bloody Journey, Thunder, (2nd bottom of bill!) Queensryche and Ted Nugent, enough to make me want to scream "Oi you lot! Stop trading on past glories, release a contemporary album that merits inclusion or retire until you do!!!" :-D .
There are all too few 'mature' bands that retain genuine progression and our Rush is a prime example. 'Monsters of Rock'? Dont make me laugh :x .
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

My opinion is that if they are still cranking out the albums, then, sure, tour and make the fans happy. If.
Onward and Upward!
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

I'm kinda in agreement with Ogg...It's like calling Def Leppard METAL...huh? what? :razz:

ALTHOUGH *pregnant pause*....I would see Queensryche in a heartbeat, because they HAVE presented a new chapter to "Mindcrime"(Mindcrime II), and I dug the first one...Hopefully they kept up the pace with "II"

Deep Purple would be silly w/o Ritchie Blackmore, Alice is tired, Journey? Are you kidding me? Is Randy Jackson bassin' with them again? No chance for them, unless they get Steve Perry back, and THAT's a crapshoot in itself...And "Wildman Ted"...He was never the same after I watched him jump off a double stack of Marshalls, as Derek St. Holmes watched in horror... :-D Brain damage man....

Can't comment about Thunder...Haven't heard them...
Mr. Potatoe Head

Post by Mr. Potatoe Head »

Me and Mrs. Potato Head seen Plant and it was less than expected.
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

saw him in an interview a few weeks ago, and he admitted he's nothing of what he used to be vocally...DUH
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

How could we expect his voice to be as good now as it was?
Onward and Upward!
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

we can't, but it's a depressing indicator that we're all older too hahaha
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

Robert was always an adult in my life, so, him getting older doesn't affect me that way.

*razz*
Onward and Upward!