Look at this BS

Open discussion about the world we live in today. Topics in here can get heated, but please keep it civil.

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

Soup4Rush

Look at this BS

Post by Soup4Rush »

CAIRO, Egypt (CNN) -- The father of one of the hijackers who commandeered the first plane that crashed into the World Trade Center on September 11, 2001, praised the recent terror attacks in London and said many more would follow.

Speaking to CNN producer Ayman Mohyeldin Tuesday in his apartment in the upper-middle-class Cairo suburb of Giza, Mohamed el-Amir said he would like to see more attacks like the July 7 bombings of three London subway trains and a bus that killed 52 people, plus the four bombers.

Displayed prominently in the apartment were pictures of el-Amir's son, Mohamed Atta, the man who is believed to have piloted American Airlines Flight 11 into the north tower of the World Trade Center as part of the attacks on the United States.

El-Amir said the attacks in the United States and the July 7 attacks in London were the beginning of what would be a 50-year religious war, in which there would be many more fighters like his son.

He declared that terror cells around the world were a "nuclear bomb that has now been activated and is ticking."

The man, who gave his age as "at least 70," said he had no sorrow for what happened in London, and said there was a double standard in the way the world viewed the victims in London and victims in the Islamic world.

Cursing in Arabic, el-Amir also denounced Arab leaders and Muslims who condemned the London attacks as being traitors and non-Muslims.

He passionately vowed that he would do anything within his power to encourage more attacks.

When asked if he would allow a CNN crew to videotape another interview with him, el-Amir said he would give his permission -- for a price of $5,000.

That money, he said, would not be kept for himself, but would be donated to someone to carry out another terror attack.

El-Amir said that $5,000 was about how much it would cost to finance another attack in London.

CNN's crew refused to pay for the interview and left after el-Amir's request.

It is CNN policy not to pay people for interviews.

A lawyer by trade, el-Amir had a sign on his apartment door saying he was a consultant.

The security guard for the apartment building said el-Amir had been under surveillance by Egyptian agents for several months after the September 11 attacks, but no one had been watching him recently.
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

The worldview is entirely different than what we have, and I can't understand why so many people don't see that.
Onward and Upward!
Soup4Rush

Post by Soup4Rush »

Yeah I guess killing people in the name of God is OK. Hell who needs democracy when you can be ruled by a dictator who makes you hide your face under a sack. It really sucks that you can voice your opinion and not worry about be killed or put into a hole. Hell I have always wanted to have my head chopped off. sounds like the fun thing to do. :twisted:
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

Look Billy Boy, I will duct tape ya and I might scalp ya, but I won't go farther than that. If you want your head cut off that badly, you have to go somewhere else.
Onward and Upward!
Walkinghairball
Location: In a rock an roll venue near you....as long as you are in the Pacific Northwest.

Post by Walkinghairball »

I'll do it................. seeing as I am the resident axe murderer, that is. :-D
This space for rent
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

*shakes your hand* Thanks, Bro! I feel better knowing that Soup will ged what he wants.
Onward and Upward!
happysmilies007

Post by happysmilies007 »

that makes me so sick.. Image
"What do I do when we're not taping? Sit in a dark room and refine my plans for someday ruling Earth from a blimp. And chess." --Ryan Stiles .. brought to you by the letter 3!
Walkinghairball
Location: In a rock an roll venue near you....as long as you are in the Pacific Northwest.

We too kiddo.
This space for rent
Grandpa Grizz

Post by Grandpa Grizz »

We have a very difficult struggle ahead of us. The hatred on both sides is blinding. Innocent civilians all over the world, of all religions, are targets.

It makes no sense, and it's going to go on for a very long time. It may even be the end of civilization, by the time all is said and done.
Soup4Rush

Post by Soup4Rush »

I hope you are wrong Gramps, but I fear you may be right. :cry: :(
Grandpa Grizz

Post by Grandpa Grizz »

Soup4Rush wrote:I hope you are wrong Gramps, but I fear you may be right. :cry: :(
Nobody hopes I'm wrong more than I do, believe me. I am an optomist, but I'm also a realist. :(
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

I hate to say it, but I do think you are right, GG. This hatred will destroy our world.
Onward and Upward!
Kares4Rush

Post by Kares4Rush »

I think so too. This kind of hatred has existed since the beginning of time. We seemed to have "evolved" in many areas but unfortunately (and much quicker) we have made ways to kill en masse much easier and efficiently too.

:(

Freeze this moment a little bit longer...
Walkinghairball

Take it all back to swords and shields I say....................... That'll learn em.
This space for rent
Kares4Rush

Post by Kares4Rush »

Boy! I think you're on to it, Hair! Get down to the nitty-gritty shite and what is really happening and go for it from there. . And NOT in a dungeons and dragons way on a computer. It's so easy to kill from "afar" and shite like that. The kahunas get bigger. I'm not saying to increase the violence at all but if it becomes more "real" to people that aren't directly involved (in the cases these past years in a COWARDLY way to innocents) then something may come of it.

BTW, I wasn't trying to sound like a tree-hugger there (But I love the Trees--heh heh--Oak fan). Believe ME I'm pissed off all to SH** at the ravage that has happened to people I know and love and work with in the past few years. I am mad as BLOODY HELL and have trouble swallowing my oatmeal in the morning when I see this stuff. Truly.

BeLIEVE me it is tough to turn the other cheek when someone is shooting you in the A**!!

Freeze this moment a little bit longer...