Anniversary of Hiroshima yet...

Open discussion about the world we live in today. Topics in here can get heated, but please keep it civil.

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

Kares4Rush

Post by Kares4Rush »

Rushlight, thanks for being so understanding. You are, indeed a sweetie.

I felt so bad about my post I wanted to delete it but I wasn't near a computer until Wednesday and it was to late! :(

It was "rhetorical" about DA at the time. I was just "venting" DA, if I sounded like a jerk (which is probable) I'm sorry.

I know in my logical mind that Hiroshima ended the war and many lives were saved (Word, Soupy and by-tor!) my own father included. My grandmother used to remind me all the time how Harry Truman "saved your father's life" and all. I was a "peace child" of the 70's and found her talk baffling. Howmever, my Dad did NOT go to the Japanese front as was planned and became (eventually) Chief of Vascular Surgery at his hospital (Medical school on the army plan of loans) and probably saved a lot of lives...plus I'm here too. :oops:

I swear I was just reacting. The rage didn't have a constructive purpose and for that I apologize. The whole weekend on Discovery and History Channels was all about the anniversary. I never saw a docu on the survivors of Hiroshima and their stories as well as the actual graphic footage. I got sick at seeing it. I remembered the shit I saw myself and just went nuts. I hadn't done that for a while. I thought I had it together. I won't go into personal stories. I SWEAR I wasn't looking for attention or anything but I remembered here was a place one could say ANYTHING. So I did.

I don't hold any "corner" on suffering. No-one does. I have so much respect for everyone here and usually have clarity to see different viewpoints.

I have once again been enriched by others' viewpoints here in public and in private. Basically, you'se guys are way cool.

Next time I feel I may over-step my bounds emotionally I will try and write it down in a journal or something. :roll:

:)

Freeze this moment a little bit longer...
Soup4Rush

Post by Soup4Rush »

maybe it is just me, but I am wondering why you are apologizing. You are just stating your opinion which you are entitled to. I think you have been around here long enough that everyone including myself has a very high respect for you and what you say. besides what fun would it be if we all agreed on the same things all the time? Keep on posting Kares6. Your deep thinking around here is always appreciated. :-D :-D BTW if I ever need heart surgey can your Pop work me a deal? :razz:
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

Yeah, what Soup said!
Onward and Upward!
Grandpa Grizz

Post by Grandpa Grizz »

And you know how I feel, Kares4Rush. :love4:
Kares4Rush

Post by Kares4Rush »

grizz... :oops: :)

Freeze this moment a little bit longer...