2005 NFL Predictions

Football, Baseball, Basketball, Hockey, it's all here

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

by-tor

Post by by-tor »

Hell, we (the Saints) have only won one playoff game in our entire history. But it was the Lambs we beat, so I can live with that for now.
Don't tell me about rock and roll I'm out there in the clubs and on the streets and I'm living it! I am rock and roll!
Walkinghairball
Location: In a rock an roll venue near you....as long as you are in the Pacific Northwest.

Post by Walkinghairball »

Middle Kingdom wrote:Wow. Great job on the win. Rats. I bow to the Chiefs.
Hey, thanks............and just cuz I like to be funny, I took a few liberty's with yer post. :razz: hehehehehehehehe :razz:

I didn't even get to watch the game, I had to break and pack gear from our gig this weekend. I'm glad the Chiefs won, now they are a little closer to Denver, the rat bastages they are. :-D

G O C H I E F S G O ! ! ! ! !
This space for rent
Middle Kingdom

Post by Middle Kingdom »

Soup4Rush wrote:That all changes this year!!!!! and that did hurt a little bit. :-D... It could be worse. The Lions have only won 1 playoff game since 1957.
But the Lions never went 11-0 and were never expected to win anything.
:-D
Soup4Rush

Post by Soup4Rush »

11-0... The Colts are rolling.... I think the big one is in sight now. I wonder how may Superbowls Manning will have to win before people will admit he can win the big one. Somehow winning a Superbowl this year will not shut Manning's critics up.
Middle Kingdom

Post by Middle Kingdom »

I still think he's great.

It should only take one for the rest of the world.

Conversly, it took Brady three SB wins to become legitimate.

Weird how that works.
by-tor

Post by by-tor »

Soup4Rush wrote:11-0... The Colts are rolling.... I think the big one is in sight now. I wonder how may Superbowls Manning will have to win before people will admit he can win the big one. Somehow winning a Superbowl this year will not shut Manning's critics up.
My honest opinion, it will only take one. But until he wins that one, he's going to have that cloud over him....and if he never wins one, he'll be another Marino. At this point in time, I don't think Peyton is even as good as his dad was. Peyton has bettered his dad's numbers, but Peyton has also had a team around him, unlike Archie. When it's all said and done though, my money's on Eli to the the best Manning that ever was (Eli even broke his dad's 'unbreakable' records at Ole Miss), and watching him just a couple of games this season, Eli is further along than Peyton was in his second season. Don't get me wrong Soup, I'm not hacking on Peyton, I just go sick of listening to those two in the booth last night, "Peyton this, Peyton that", and what I saw on the field was the rest of the team doing a hellvua job too.
Don't tell me about rock and roll I'm out there in the clubs and on the streets and I'm living it! I am rock and roll!
3 travelers

Post by 3 travelers »

by-tor wrote:
Soup4Rush wrote:11-0... The Colts are rolling.... I think the big one is in sight now. I wonder how may Superbowls Manning will have to win before people will admit he can win the big one. Somehow winning a Superbowl this year will not shut Manning's critics up.
My honest opinion, it will only take one. But until he wins that one, he's going to have that cloud over him....and if he never wins one, he'll be another Marino. At this point in time, I don't think Peyton is even as good as his dad was. Peyton has bettered his dad's numbers, but Peyton has also had a team around him, unlike Archie. When it's all said and done though, my money's on Eli to the the best Manning that ever was (Eli even broke his dad's 'unbreakable' records at Ole Miss), and watching him just a couple of games this season, Eli is further along than Peyton was in his second season. Don't get me wrong Soup, I'm not hacking on Peyton, I just go sick of listening to those two in the booth last night, "Peyton this, Peyton that", and what I saw on the field was the rest of the team doing a hellvua job too.
Does that mean that Peyton will be seen doing Isotoner commercials.... "Take care of the hands that take care of you".... :-D
LEMME SHOW YA SUMTHIN....!!!!
Soup4Rush

Post by Soup4Rush »

by-tor wrote:

You are right... Peyt will not win a superbowl by himself. It will take the whole team, but it seems like everyone is quick to say Manning choked in regards to their past failures or Manning can't win the big game when in fact it was the Colts who could not win the big game. you are right about Michaels and Madden saying Peyton this and Peyton that too. He did not even have that great of a game last night, the defense and James carried them.. but that is what makes the Colts great this year is that the defense and offense can carry each other when one or the other has an off night.

"Can you sign this loaf of bread, my little brother loves you" Did you guys see the D-CAF signs last night??
Middle Kingdom

Post by Middle Kingdom »

I bet he's glad those came out AFTER coming to Foxboro.
The "Cut that meat! " chants were hilarious last year.
Walkinghairball
Location: In a rock an roll venue near you....as long as you are in the Pacific Northwest.

WOOHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:-D GO CHIEFS GO!!!! :-D

*Hairball does his happy dance*
This space for rent
Walkinghairball

DAMN IT, DAMN IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :x

GO CHIEFS GO!!!!!!!!!!!
This space for rent
Kares4Rush

Post by Kares4Rush »

The house of Kares4Rush is in disarray. Jets beat RAIDERS??? :shock:

Freeze this moment a little bit longer...
Middle Kingdom

Post by Middle Kingdom »

Big grudge match there eh?
Glad you pulled it out Kares.
Can't stand the silver and black.

Tell him 'at least there wasn't a tuck rule called'
hehehehehehehehe
Soup4Rush

Post by Soup4Rush »

what the hell was the Raiders thinking benching Collins? did they think Tuiasposo was going to get better after sitting on the bench for 2 years. He sucked before they benched him and apparently he still sucks.
Kares4Rush

Post by Kares4Rush »

:razz:

Freeze this moment a little bit longer...