Bright Images Flashing By...

When you have no clue as to what you want to say

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

The Snow Dog

Post by The Snow Dog »

whenever I hear Purple Haze or All Along the Watchtower by Jimi, the only thing I can see his him just slamming on his guitar. I also feel very energized and powerful when I hear them tunes, if that's understandable by anyone.

Fly By Night I always remember the first time I listened to the album... I was like eleven and I had just got a cheapo CD player, so I grabbed the first disc on my dad's stack. haleluja!

there are others... but I don't wanna get into those...
THIS BUILDING'S TOTALLY BURNING DOWN!
Mr. Potatoe Head

Post by Mr. Potatoe Head »

Whenever I hear any Jimi Hendrix I use to have to change the station really quick that's what was playing when we got a knock on the door and was told my brother in law was in an auto accident, he didn't make it. I'm over it now and able to listen to Jimi now but still and always will remind me of that :(
Aerosmitten

Post by Aerosmitten »

:( **hugs for Tatterdude**
Zivo
Location: "A place not too far from here, as a matter of fact

Post by Zivo »

I just realized while listening to Ghost Of A Chance, that finding someone to love and making it last is one of the things I have not been able to accomplish, and is possibly the one thing that would make all the other things seem less important. I guess passing ships simply pass. We climb aboard an attractive passing vessel, only to find the leaks hidden deep within. Then we must leap again, hoping the next will be all it seems, and with hope that the cracks in our own hull are also overlooked or repaired by your ship's mate.
-In the crow's nest, searching for the lighthouse.
Mr. Potatoe Head

Post by Mr. Potatoe Head »

cool avatars, Brother John!

listening to 2112 now and hoping you find what your looking for.

I should try and put my digital to good use one of these days, and figure out how to upload images, just not all that important to me.
Medinaquirin

Post by Medinaquirin »

Pink Floyd's Division Bell reminds me of the house we used to live out in the country. I had that on my headphones once out on the front porch during a storm. Seeing all that lightning to the east while "High Hopes" was blasting in my ears was nearly a religious experiance.

Some of the songs on The Eminem Show make me think of Tomb Raider, cause I listened to that a lot when I'd play TR5, hehehe.

I understand what ye mean, Tattie, I'm that way with the song "Golden Slumbers" the last time I ever talked to my friend Jennifer on the phone she tried to sing that. Bless her, she couldnt's sing, but that just brings back too many memories.

THere's another one, but I can't remember at the moment.
~Time is a spiral, space is a curve
I know you get dizzy but try not to lose your nerve
~
funky cm

Post by funky cm »

A little over 5 years ago, a female friend of mine passed away. A Vancouver band, 54-40, had an album out called "Since When". Two of the songs stuck into me like daggers....

"I Could Give You More" (self explanatory)
"Stormy"... includes the line "...and I wonder if you're still alive".

I listened to the CD twice in the next two months, with the same results each time- tears. The CD eventually became "lost" while with a mutual friend. Later in the year, 54-40 put out a live double album "Heavy Mellow" on which "I Could Give you More" was on. I delayed buying it for a while, and when I did, I dreaded having to listen to that song. First listen- tears, but not as bad as I thought. I was okay after that. I've never listened to "Stormy" since. Don't wanna buy the CD no more.
Slaine mac Roth

Post by Slaine mac Roth »

There are three songs that really have that effect on me.

Afterimage - it always makes me think of going to see Rush at Birmingham NEC on the HYF tour in the Spring with my brother. It was the last time I ever went anywhere with him as he died in June of the same year. for a long time (about four years) I was unable to listen to it withcout bursting into tears. Now, it reminds me of a happy time.

Knights in White Satin - When I hear this I will always think of my wife walking down the aisle when we got married (it was playing at the time).

Sweet Child of Mine - for obvious reasons, it makes me think of the first tiem I held either of my two children in my arms
'Do not despise the snake for having no horns, for who is to say it will not become a dragon?'
PV
Site Admin

Post by PV »

Slaine mac Roth wrote:There are three songs that really have that effect on me.

Afterimage - it always makes me think of going to see Rush at Birmingham NEC on the HYF tour in the Spring with my brother. It was the last time I ever went anywhere with him as he died in June of the same year. for a long time (about four years) I was unable to listen to it withcout bursting into tears. Now, it reminds me of a happy time.
I'm sorry to hear that, Slaine. But I am glad to hear Rush is bringing happier thoughts your way.
Slaine mac Roth wrote:Knights in White Satin - When I hear this I will always think of my wife walking down the aisle when we got married (it was playing at the time).
My favorite song of all time. 8) I can't hear it without being swept away somewhere else. It doesn't invoke a specific memory but it makes me just get lost in the moment. This song is the BEST!
Slaine mac Roth wrote:Sweet Child of Mine - for obvious reasons, it makes me think of the first tiem I held either of my two children in my arms
That's beautiful. :D
I don't have faith in faith, I don't believe in belief, You can call me faithless, I still cling to hope, And I believe in love, And that's faith enough for me... Neil Peart
Slaine mac Roth

PV wrote:
Slaine mac Roth wrote:Sweet Child of Mine - for obvious reasons, it makes me think of the first tiem I held either of my two children in my arms
That's beautiful. :D
So are they. This picture is of them with me (right), my wife (left) and Craig Parker (Haldir in Lord of the Rings) taken a couple of weeks ago at Collectormania in Milton Keynes.

'Do not despise the snake for having no horns, for who is to say it will not become a dragon?'
Slaine mac Roth

Sorry its so big. I buggered it up.
Medinaquirin

Post by Medinaquirin »

My computer is being a hoser and will not load all of the picture. But I saw blonde hair and a blue eye....and part of a jacket. :?
~
Slaine mac Roth

That's actually my wife. You can see my son with the icon to the left.
Medinaquirin

Post by Medinaquirin »

Ahh, k, I take it from what I've seen the kids take after Mumsey, then?
~
Slaine mac Roth

Yes, thank god