for middle kingdom

Football, Baseball, Basketball, Hockey, it's all here

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

I was an abused child....I was forced to watch Redskin games with my folks, and my mom would actually smack me and shove me (playfully, mind you) when they would mess up....I thought it was too funny, and they actually broke down and got me some Colts swag....It's hard being a Colts fan (WORSE if you're a Cowboy fan) in Redskin country...

I have to admit, and not bragging on them, but the Redskins have the most RABID fans in the league...Their home games sell out every time, and this is the interesting thing.....Fans actually WILL their season tickets to their children! They're THAT hard to get....When they played at RFK, there was a TEN YEAR waiting list to get season tickets...It's not much better since they went to FedEx Field (Formerly Jack Kent Cooke Stadium)
Don't start none...won't be none.
Middle Kingdom

Post by Middle Kingdom »

That's funny, cus my other team is the Redskins.
I probably have more Redskins stuff than Pats stuff, cus it's so rare.

My sister in law lives in VA, and her husband is a fan (not rabid, but a fan).
We visit every year, and one year the town was in uproar because the local TV station was going to air a debate instead of a PRE SEASON game at Carolina. The debate was shown tape delayed after the game.

They went to a Pats/Skins pre season game a couple years back and got me a program. I went to one in the old Foxboro Stadium a couple years back too.

Was thrilled to see them win in Dallas.
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

That's cool MK...and don't forget to hold onto that Redskin swag...it may be worth some money one day, when the politically correct force DC to change the name, from the Washington "Redskins" to the Washington "Native Americans".....hahahaha

Hey...Why the laughing? It could happen! hahaha

My second team's gotta be the Carolina Panthers....They're my sleeper pick in the NFC, and they've won their last 5 straight after a woeful start...Also, there were many Redskin fans in NC before they got the Panthers, so it's kind of a reciprocal thing...Also, Stephen Davis used to be the Redskins' Running Back, so theryago...The apple doesn't fall far from the tree...I've got my eye on Eli (Peyton's Bro') with the NY Giants...He's learning the ropes now, and he's gonna follow in Peyton's footsteps...

Peace Out, and: "LEAVE THAT THING ALONE"!!

Cygnus
Soup4Rush

Post by Soup4Rush »

I heard something today... The Colts have been knocked out of the playoffs the last two years by the Pats and have lost in the 2003 and 2004 regular season matchups. Peyton stood up on the podium after each loss and answered each question with grace and diginity and never shyed away from even the most difficult questions. Tom Brady on the other hand after getting his ass handed to him Nov 7 could only say we got our butts kicked, threw a tizzy fit and stormed off the podium. I guess when you are winning everything is great, I would think that a true champion would be gracious even in defeat. just a thought since so many people are quick to compare Manning with Brady.
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

Hey Soup....

You're right about the Colts getting knocked off the last two years by NE, but let's back up for a sec....

Last year, they went to the AFC CHAMPIONSHIP before they were beat...the year before, in the second round (I believe....don't remember...that was SO two years ago..), so that's an improvement in itself...

Things aren't going to get anything but BETTER for Indy, and why-the-hell are "they" comparing Brady to Manning? Brady is NOT at Manning's level yet...He was great before Brady even took a snap...Am I wrong?

Besides, I don't think Brady's broken any records yet, so in my opinion he's not even reached Maanning's level yet....even after all those super bowls...Keep the faith Soup....It's the year of THE HORSE---Cygnus
Middle Kingdom

Post by Middle Kingdom »

Yeah I agree with both of you.
He should have answered some questions at the press conference, no doubt.

As for him being better than Manning, I would say no he isn't at that level.
I don't think he's gonna break any records that are mind boggling.
But I will say that he is a lot better than I ever thought he was, and he is a great leader on the field and off.

As for his defense from not taking questions, it was said that he didn't so that he wouldn't have to "throw anyone under the bus" ( a favorite expression up here). Meaning he would have to be asked about the negatives, and bad defense and such, and it was thought that it would be better if he just made a statement.

The best thing I like about him?
When they lose, he goes off the field and isn't laughing it up with everyone.
The only difference Mon was he went and congratulated Peyton, and Dungy, which was classy. Then he went right off the field.
Say hi to friends on opposing teams after losing is fine, but to be yukking it up after taking a beating doesn't seem right to me.
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

Hey MK....

Brady probably chose the lesser-of-two-evils by NOT answering questions...Some things are better left unsaid, and I know that he WAS probably going to "throw someone undewr the bus"(we use that expression here in VA too, except that we add "holding groceries" at the end for added punch....hahaha)

As far as NE goes, ALL football "dynasties" have to pass the torch, and here in DC, the 'skins were THE team to beat in the 80's, along with SF and Dallas in the 90's....they were powerhouses too, and I'll always remember John Riggins plowing defenders down on his way to pay dirt...In fact, to this day in DC, when a running back goes "up the gut" for big yardage, they call it "Riggo Drills" hahahaha

I can't get over Edgerrin James....Have you seen this guy run? HIS FEET NEVER STOP MOVING...Even when he's tackled, his feet are STILL digging for extra yards....THAT is a RIGGO DRILL hahaha That's gonna be very difficult for defenses to handle...We've seen that over and over this year...

I gotta give Brady his props though....He's very talented, a good leader "like you said), and he knows when to talk and when to suck it up...
I hope he's around to help NE's rebuilding when the time comes....NE needs that kind of leadership....Besides, I think the league is very familiar with Belechick's (right spelling?) system now also...They figured out Joe Gibbs's (West Coast) offense too, and that's when he retired the first time...Any way you cut it, it's gonna be a FIGHT in the AFC for the bowl slot.....I'm SO looking forward to it....Glad to be able to talk to a NE fan too....not many here....Peace.....Cygnus