baffling question

A place to discuss the videos

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

wdoyle

baffling question

Post by wdoyle »

Hello.

I have a somewhat unanswerable question, as it has to do with a memory of mine from around 20-25 years ago.

I remember watching videos late one night, and a rather odd video came on. I seem to recall that the voice of the singer was a higher register, much like Geddy, but I'm really not sure. (Hence, the reason I'm posting this on a Rush MB.)

Anyways, the video begins with an embryo, that turns it's head toward the camera as it zooms in. It was a little freaky for a 10 yr old. (Maybe I'm combining the memories from 2001 with this video?? :) ).

The only other thing I remember from it was the singer was wearing a bodysuit, and he seemed to be walking towards the camera, yet never reaching it. ... as if on a treadmill...

ha... the more I type, the weirder it all seems, I know. But this is just one of those things I've had stuck in the back of my mind since 5th grade.

If anyone can recall a video like this from the early to mid 80's, please give me a reply.

Thanks in advance!

wd
Ogg

Post by Ogg »

The only music video featuring a moving a moving embryo that I remember is the classic 'Tear drop' by 'Massive Attack'.

Welcome to the board new person. Etiquette will require you to post an introduction in the 'General' section.
schuette

Post by schuette »

och to hell with etiquette :razz: ...dont think it was a Rush vid but you are welcome to post here and gibber shit like the rest of them do...of course I dont gibber shit :roll:

even if it wasnt a Rush vid with our direction we will try to make you love Rush as we do :-D
wdoyle

re: to Ogg

Post by wdoyle »

I couldn't find a proper thread to intro myself. so here's a tiny bit about wd.

I live in the Pacific Northwest of the USA, I'm a stay at home mom to an 11 and a 10 yr. old. My hubby is a history teacher at a local school.

Thanks for your help with my question. I'm not sure it was Rush either, but maybe there's a poster here who was watching MTV in the early 80s like me.

My entire listening experience of Rush consists of three songs two months ago. My husband needed a song for a class lesson, and I was to find this certain line in a song.

:cool:
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

Hey wdoyle! I am a Pacific Northwet person too; stay-at-home mom (if you can call it that with all the running about we do! LOL) with a 16 yo boy, 12 yo boy and a 10 yo girl still at home, one grown and gone (hoser kids! hehe).

History is a great subject for Rush fans. Fits in well with many of the lyrics, but, then again, it does with Iron Maiden's lyrics!

I watched MTV back in the 80s as well, but I dont' remember that video. I think I would remember it if it was Rush, as I loved them back then too. Seeing as how I don't remember it, perhaps it was from a new wave band. I didn't care for New Wave and would occupy myself other ways when they came on.

What did you think of the three Rush songs you did check out three months ago? Which ones were they and what was the line you were looking for? *is quite nosey*
Onward and Upward!
Walkinghairball
Location: In a rock an roll venue near you....as long as you are in the Pacific Northwest.

Post by Walkinghairball »

Woo hoo.........another one of us P.N.W folks here. Welcome WD.
This space for rent
zepboy

Post by zepboy »

Could that have been the beginning of the video of "World of Confusion" by Genesis with Phil Collins?

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Orlando's LOVESLAVE

Post by Orlando's LOVESLAVE »

zepboy wrote:Could that have been the beginning of the video of "World of Confusion" by Genesis with Phil Collins?

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Not sure that this is the right video either, but the name of the song is "Land of Confusion". :razz: *wink* It's the one with all the political leaders as puppets. Ronald Reagan as Superman, ect, ect, ect....

BTW.......... welcome aboard wd. Glad to have another PNW person on with alla us.