By-Tor.com Forum Index By-Tor.com
It's all about the Rush

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Presto
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Amarok

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2003 8:00 am    Post subject: Presto Reply with quote

What do you think about this album?

I wanted to add this to the discussion board, cause it's the album it got in touch with Rush for the first time (in 1990).

So tell me...
FerrariF1

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2003 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For some reason Presto is one of the few Rush CDs that I don't listen to that often. When I do listen to it though I wonder why I haven't been listening to it!

Last edited by FerrariF1 on Tue Jul 13, 2010 1:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
wcp

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2003 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i love teh album! one of my favs "hand over fist...."
PV
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2003 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One word... SCARS! Very Happy
Panacea

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2003 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Presto" was my daughter's first favorite Rush song. She'd get in the van and request "The Bunny Song" in her tiny little voice! Very Happy
by-tor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2003 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Presto is strange. I really like most of the songs on it, but as an album, I don't care for it all that much.
Amarok

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2003 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Strange? Hmm... no, don't think so. It doesn't fit that much to the other albums' sound types like the rest, I think. And even though it's typical Rush and one of my absolute favorites (and will ever be)!
Amarok

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2003 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forgot to mention: great cover art. It always draws a smile on my face.
PV
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2003 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amarok wrote:
It doesn't fit that much to the other albums' sound types like the rest, I think.

You know, Amarok, I never thought Rush really had a "sound." All of their albums are so different in content, texture, style. That is one of the many things I love about Rush. You never know what you are going to hear from that and it is quite refreshing every time.

Amarok wrote:
great cover art. It always draws a smile on my face.

How did you teach the album cover to draw? And does it use permanent marker? Wink But I digress... It is GREAT album art! One of the best covers for sure.
by-tor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2003 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PV wrote:
You know, Amarok, I never thought Rush really had a "sound." All of their albums are so different in content, texture, style. That is one of the many things I love about Rush. You never know what you are going to hear from that and it is quite refreshing every time.

Ah, but even though their style is different from album to album, the do have a sound that is all Rush and only Rush. I remember when RTB came out, and we had no advanced warning (no 'Net to speak of, and I was lax on my reading of Usenet). However, we were all sitting around drinking an listening to the radio (as college students are supposed to do), when a song came on that we've never heard before. About 30 seconds into it, I looked at one of my roommates (who was also a huge Rush fan), and said that had to be Rush, even though I never heard it before. He said he was thinking the same thing, but also hadn't heard it, or of plans for a new album. Before we could get our computer dialed up (I think I had a 900baud modem Surprised ) to check Usenet, the song ended, and the DJ told us all we needed to know....

Where's My Thing

They are possibly the only band that even know they change their sound and style constantly, they are unmistakably unique.
Sir Myghin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2003 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this album is fun to play, but in a sense its not as in your face as other rush bass, don't get me wrong stillf fun stuff. I listen to it in what little light i can find, there is often little available, because i don't like it to be too dark because too much light bothers me eyes sometimes. hehe. Scars is one of my faves on the album because, i cna play it solo on my bass and not much is missing. This is the first rush album i really got into, and it went from there. show don't tell, amazing musical interlude, for all you jealous folks i have the actually music for it in my rush bass anthology book Razz
Amarok

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2003 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

By-Tor wrote:
Quote:
Ah, but even though their style is different from album to album, the do have a sound that is all Rush and only Rush

Ja, that's exactly what I mean, By-Tor. Nothing to add!
Sir Myghin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2003 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

indeed that be the truths
Kevin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2003 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably my least favorite Rush album, cant really figure out why. The songs just seem blah to me for the most part. Presto is a nice tune though, that and Show Dont Tell save the album. Razz

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2004 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The song Presto is one of my favorite Rush songs. The album, however, is horribly produced and sounds tinny. Rupert redeemed himself on RTB. I like Show Don't Tell and teen suicide song (name escapes me right now).

Overall, my least favorite Rush album.

like a cornered beast or a conquering hero
Post new topic   Reply to topic       By-Tor.com Forum Index -> Studio All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: