by-tor wrote:
Soup4Rush wrote:Go Jeff Gordon
What are you, a girlie man? :razz:
Amen brother.
Soup4Rush

Post by Soup4Rush »

just because he is not a hick.... :razz:
Walkinghairball
Location: In a rock an roll venue near you....as long as you are in the Pacific Northwest.

Post by Walkinghairball »

Better than drag racing...thats like my sex life, 3 seconds and its all over.

Dang dude.

I'm a drag race fan. I used to work at Spokane Raceway Park when I was in High School in the E.T. shack......(Elapsed time).
What a cool gig. I got to meet Don Garlitz, John Force, Shirly Mulldowney, and alot more, I've slept since then so names escape me.
This space for rent
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

Jeff Burton (a good Virginia boy :-D ) gets the pole for the Daytona 500!

WOOHOO! His first pole since 2000...Congrats Jeff, and be careful or you're gonna cut a tire...and always remember: LIFE BEGINS AT 200MPH!
Don't start none...won't be none.
Middle Kingdom

Post by Middle Kingdom »

A friend tortured me with this "sport" for a year and a half.
I've watched a few races, and now I have a driver!

Carl Edwards will rule this year!
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

Good Choice MK!! We (the wife and I) like his "victory flips", but Jack Roush is gonna hammer him the first time he hurts himself doing it :-D

I'm not a big Roush fan....Too many cars/too many advantages...I make fun of it by telling my co-workers:

They should just change the name NEXTEL Cup to ROUSH Cup :razz: ...hahaha

But, then again, I'm a RABID Dale Jr. fan so I take my lumps as well...Watch him...he was strong in the Shootout...I think he's BAAAACK :-D
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

Man, once you get the whiff of that racing fuel, see the "sights" *I'm talking WOMEN people!*, hear the command to start the engines and feel your eardrums pounding, see "The Big One" take out about 15 cars....THEN you're hooked...Oh, don't forget the tailgating too...it usually starts about a WEEK before the race hahaha

....we'll pay Five bucks to park in some guy's yard and walk across the road to the track, versus twenty bucks to park in the track lots...Is this a great country or WHAT!!!

Don't knock it....races aren't cheap! (and that's if you're lucky enuff to get tickets!) Tickets are so hot, people pass them down in their wills to their children...Same as the Redskins...Their season tickets are willed to the kids too! True story....
YYZ30

Post by YYZ30 »

Walkinghairball wrote:Better than drag racing...thats like my sex life, 3 seconds and its all over.

Dang dude.

I'm a drag race fan. I used to work at Spokane Raceway Park when I was in High School in the E.T. shack......(Elapsed time).
What a cool gig. I got to meet Don Garlitz, John Force, Shirly Mulldowney, and alot more, I've slept since then so names escape me.
See my father in law is a drag racing fan, but he watches roundieround too. So I have to give him a hard time about the three second race. I'd rather take a 3500 pound car with 750 horses and run it around a track for 500 miles. THAT would be my life's dream.
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

Damn right YYZ...And don't forget about losing 10 pounds at the end of every race too....And people think they're NOT athletes? AS IF...

Junior had a decent showing (8th)...too bad no sorry asses would draft with him....they pretty much hung him out to dry (like Mark Martin...boy was HE pissed too...)

Awesome wreck that Edwards had in the Busch race too...
YYZ30

Post by YYZ30 »

CygnusX1 wrote:Damn right YYZ...And don't forget about losing 10 pounds at the end of every race too....And people think they're NOT athletes? AS IF...

Junior had a decent showing (8th)...too bad no sorry asses would draft with him....they pretty much hung him out to dry (like Mark Martin...boy was HE pissed too...)

Awesome wreck that Edwards had in the Busch race too...
Stewart should be ashamed of himself for the deskthumping he did about aggresive driving then damn near running Kenseth into the infield lake.
Last edited by YYZ30 on Tue Feb 21, 2006 10:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

Agreed Dude....He sure sang a different tune--until he got those guys loose and spinning huh?...He shoulda been BLACK FLAGGED for the Kinseth deal...He flat out tried to take him out...

I'm okay with Johnson winning too...He was straight-up and admitted they cheated during qualifying, but hey...WHO DON'T! ALL of 'em cheat in one way or another.....Jimmie just got caught...They had a legal car on race day or he wouldn't have gotten on the track...UNLESS....haha :twisted: :-D
YYZ30

Post by YYZ30 »

CygnusX1 wrote:Agreed Dude....He sure sang a different tune--until he got those guys loose and spinning huh?...He shoulda been BLACK FLAGGED for the Kinseth deal...He flat out tried to take him out...

I'm okay with Johnson winning too...He was straight-up and admitted they cheated during qualifying, but hey...WHO DON'T! ALL of 'em cheat in one way or another.....Jimmie just got caught...They had a legal car on race day or he wouldn't have gotten on the track...UNLESS....haha :twisted: :-D
3 hour inspection after the race. I could picture what the garage looked like, they must have torn that car down to the roll cage.
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

No doubt....I wonder if they're gonna leave the confetti on it when it goes into Daytona USA....hahaha That deal was a little over-the-top...Man, woulda been nice to see Mears win it too....
YYZ30

Post by YYZ30 »

CygnusX1 wrote:No doubt....I wonder if they're gonna leave the confetti on it when it goes into Daytona USA....hahaha That deal was a little over-the-top...Man, woulda been nice to see Mears win it too....
Felix Sabates would have been bald if that happened. He made a bet with Casey if Casey won he'd shave his head.

Not saying anything...but if someone had went with Casey right at the end...(I'm a Newman fan, and he got hung out also)...Casey would have probably had enough of a push to go by Johnson.
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

LORDEEEE I reckon :-D ....Could there be any more BORING of a pair of races (as in California and Las Vegas)?

I mean to tell ya...I was thoroughly pout to sleep by the lack of action, and the 4-and-5 wide racing at Cali...what a stinkbomb of a race...

Las Vegas wasn't much better....if you ain't rubbin you ain't RACIN'....can't wait for a short track...boring as hell to see no real door-to-door racin'... :(