Football, Baseball, Basketball, Hockey, it's all here

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

Middle Kingdom

Post by Middle Kingdom »

Carl better pick up the pace.
Go #99!
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

Yeah...what's up with him? No backflips this year....what a bummer :?
Don't start none...won't be none.
Middle Kingdom

Post by Middle Kingdom »

It's early.
Long way to go.
But my friend, a big #20 fan,
is giving me crap already.

We'll show her and Tony!
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

I gotta put up with "Tony torment" too...

Still rootin' for Junior...He's already better than he was last year...gotta keep my fingers crossed :-D
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

mad props to Dale Jr for his respectable third-place showing at ATL!! (but alas, I must remind everyone that third place is the SECOND LOSER)

Not a problem....Junior's already on his way back from last year, and that my friends, is a VERY good thing :-D

glad to see Casey Kahne win a NEXTEL Cup race again too...He was due...too bad they showed the race non-prime-time Monday because of the rain delay Sunday :cry:

didn't he win the Busch race as well? you GO dude... :cool:
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

Ahhhh....the Bristol STOMP was in full swing again this year....tempers flared, as 43 cars tried to wrestle their way around a 1/2 mile high-banked mixing bowl they call BRISTOL...There, you either s*it-or-get-offa-the-pot...mad props to the crew chief that called Tony Stewart "sh*t" on national TV...(I'm sure he had a date at "The Trailer" after the race)...

And Jeff "Golden Whine Boy" Gordon....what can you say? On the one hand, he was a coward to get up in Kenseth's face wearing his HELMET, but on the other he was wise; for not writing checks his face couldn't cash....hahaha...okok my bad....shouldn't rag on the guy like that :roll:

That's Bristol people...whether you like it or not...if your car didn't have dents and donuts on the side of it, you were NOT racing at Bristol...You were SIGHTSEEING....Short-trackin' at it's best...100,000 (that's right NFL/NBA/MLB/NHL....100,000+ People) screaming their heads off for their favorite drivers...Hitting 130mph+ on a 1/4-mile straight is a AWESOME SIGHT....

The environment took its toll too, as you don't hear about carbon monoxide poisioning, but it DEFINITELY takes place in that speedway, making drivers prone to miscues and bad judgement..

Anybody out there hear about the NASCAR offices they recently opened in Toronto? (HEL-LOW CAN-A-DA!! I love sayin that)...hahaha
Can you say "The 'Rush' 500?" EH!!

I also hear they're building a short track in the Northwest somewhere...Seattle? Portland? Vancouver? That would be money...

Then, they could drop one of those SAD road-course races they force us to undure every year...(can you tell I'm not a road-course fan?) LEAVE THE ROAD COURSES FOR SUPERBIKES AND IRL/F1....okay? hahaha

MY driver, Dale Jr., moves up a spot to 6th in points, while Tony Stewart winds up a disappointing(depending on who you root for) 9th...But alas, the seasoin is young, and DNF's ALWAYS wait in the wings for someone who doesn't BRING IT on race day...

More after the next race...
YYZ30

Post by YYZ30 »

CygnusX1 wrote:There, you either s*it-or-get-offa-the-pot...mad props to the crew chief that called Tony Stewart "sh*t" on national TV...(I'm sure he had a date at "The Trailer" after the race)...
It was Truex's crew chief on Gordo...and some Christian Family group is whining to the FCC about the slipup.
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

you are correct YYZ...it was Truex's Crew Chief indeed...(I must've gone for a beer) :headbang:

I'm gonna read the news, and find out if there were any fines handed down...and if the christian groups had been wearing scanners....oh boy, that's another issue in itself....hahahaha

but on the other hand, there was ample complaining about Truex holding the leaders up, SO....(you know where I'm going with this....It's just another on of those "racing deals") :-D
YYZ30

Post by YYZ30 »

CygnusX1 wrote:you are correct YYZ...it was Truex's Crew Chief indeed...(I must've gone for a beer) :headbang:

I'm gonna read the news, and find out if there were any fines handed down...and if the christian groups had been wearing scanners....oh boy, that's another issue in itself....hahahaha

but on the other hand, there was ample complaining about Truex holding the leaders up, SO....(you know where I'm going with this....It's just another on of those "racing deals") :-D
FOX accidentally broadcast the S bomb...
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

Here's the latest results of the Bristol temper tantrums:

Busch Series: Steve Cooper, Crew Chief for the #27 Ford (D. Green), fined $2,000 for three violations, two dealing with improper parts(hmmmm)...ah well....he just got CAUGHT hahaha

Ronnie Griffin, Crew Chief for the #23 Chevy (C. Wimmer), fined $1,000 for non NASCAR parts...(see above haha)

NEXTEL Cup:

Jeff Gordon was fined $10,000, and placed on probation until Aug. 30, for his altercation (I'd hardly call it an ALTERCATION...maybe offbeat shenanigans hahaha)) with Matt Kenseth....
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

Congrats to Tony Stewart for being the car-to-beat at Martinsville...He pretty much dominated the race, earning the bonus points for leading the most laps, then finishing the deal(something he hasn't been able to do after leading the most laps) by winning it too...

My boy JUNEBUG.....he drove that #8 car like he STOLE IT! hahaha

I can't belive he got that hoopdie across the finish line in 4th....He had SO many problems (like geting spun out, flat tires, etc) and managing to pull out a TOP FIVE? At MARTINSVILLE? you gotta be kidding me...that was off the hook...YOU GO JR.!!!

Oh....keep an eye out for Carl Edwards, as he's gonna appear as a Homeland Security advisor on "24" tonight....Ya think he'll do a flip? :headbang:
YYZ30

Post by YYZ30 »

CygnusX1 wrote:Congrats to Tony Stewart for being the car-to-beat at Martinsville...He pretty much dominated the race, earning the bonus points for leading the most laps, then finishing the deal(something he hasn't been able to do after leading the most laps) by winning it too...

My boy JUNEBUG.....he drove that #8 car like he STOLE IT! hahaha

I can't belive he got that hoopdie across the finish line in 4th....He had SO many problems (like geting spun out, flat tires, etc) and managing to pull out a TOP FIVE? At MARTINSVILLE? you gotta be kidding me...that was off the hook...YOU GO JR.!!!

Oh....keep an eye out for Carl Edwards, as he's gonna appear as a Homeland Security advisor on "24" tonight....Ya think he'll do a flip? :headbang:
Didn't see the race, had to work.

I saw hilites on SportsCenter tho
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

other than Fox dropping the ball on the coverage (lead changed at least twice during commercials, and the forced commercials during the audio snafu), it was typical Martinsville...tradin' paint and LOTS o' body work hahaha
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

Congrats to Kevin "Happy" Harvick for the SWEEP at Phoenix!

Richard Childress Racing is BACK!!!

tuff ride for June Bug...he was ahnging in the top ten 'till
"one of those racing deals" set him back....He'll be back for the BIG ONE--TALLADEGA BABY!!!

D.E.I. practically OWNS that track....Be looking for Junebug on top of the #8's roof at Victory Lane!

Now, you Ford fans be sure to root for a CHEVY or DODGE driver this weekend, for the Fords are doomed at Talladega...matter of fact, ANYONE is doomed if they fall outta the draft...but I can just smell a Chevy ROUT....Hell, they didn't do bad at Phoenix for that matter...That's usually a Ford track....Just ask Mark "The Worm" Martin...He always seems to come up just a WEE bit short there...Come to think of it, he is a WEE man, so if the shoe fits...bwahahahaa

but hey, that's just my humble opinion, so we'll see how it pans out....
YYZ30

Post by YYZ30 »

Sorry Ive been away for a bit, and have you seen the car Jr. is driving this weekend????!!!????
http://www.jayski.com/schemes/2006/8cup.htm

SWEEEEEEEEEEEET