English bands.

Music outside of Rush

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

Ogg

English bands.

Post by Ogg »

Although the majority of our radio is dance orientated the english 'scene' looks healthy with a few decent bands emerging. Apart from the classic few not a lot of uk bands interest me.
I have championed 'The Music' for a while and I have to add 'The Editors' debut and the forthcoming 'Snow Patrol' album as one's to hear. Have you heard of 'The Arctic Monkeys' on your side of the pond, a (very) young english band that is simply buzzing over here?
Check em out.
rushlight

Post by rushlight »

The devil and I like Threshold and Porcupine Tree. PT's sound is hypnotic to me. I really enjoy it and am starting to collect their stuff. I think The Addicts are british too but mostly do pop.
Last edited by rushlight on Sun Apr 02, 2006 9:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
I love my Welshman.
schuette

Post by schuette »

I thought that I started a PT thread but obviously not...it's a band I've liked for a good few years..
I've not heard much of the Artic Monkeys but there certainly getting a few awards..the new Snow Patrol does sound really good and I gonna try and get a hold of the new Embrace album cuz it's sounding good as well
I will also admit to liking some of Gorillaz stuff..
Slaine mac Roth

Post by Slaine mac Roth »

I must confess (stuck in the mud old hippy grumpy old man that I am), the only band that has really impressed me over the past year have been Kaiser Cheifs. I goit hold of their debut 'Employment' which is a cracking album. Just as interesting are the two boots I've got.
'Do not despise the snake for having no horns, for who is to say it will not become a dragon?'
zorro

Post by zorro »

You guys could do a lot worse than checking out 'Stars of CCTV' by Hard-Fi. Best new band I've heard for a good while.

http://www.hard-fi.com/flash.html