Porcupine Tree .

Music outside of Rush

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

H3WMW

Post by H3WMW »

schuette wrote:you know I was just taking the piss......you didnt need to post your PT thread here :razz:
you should know that things always go off topic here anyway :-D
Aye, it's the same on TNMS as well but I thought it fair to post here anyway.

x
Bassist of Joe's Band

Ogg

Post by Ogg »

H3WMW wrote:Porcupine Tree are a fantastic band.

I fell in love with their last two albums "Deadwing" and "In Absentia".

The stand out tracks for me are :

Blackest Eyes
The Sound Of Muzak
Shallow
Lazarus
Arriving Somewhere But Not Here

I can't wait for the new DVD "Arriving Somewhere...." to be released.

Have you seen the video concert from the Rockpalast yet? It's brilliant.
Yo H3', you were one of the first to recommend them to me and as you can see I'm pretty much an uber pt geek the now.
I must admit that the most recent two albums were the reason why I got into them, yes. both albums are brilliant. I have them on dvd-audio with extras etc and the full 5.1 surround thing.
Again, the rockpalast gig is excellent, I ripped my own audio from it but I've noticed the full show is available to download (for a fee!) from the official site. Now that would be a cool torrent eh H3'? :-) .
I have to agree that 'Blackest Eyes' is a monster and my 'Tom Sawyer' of this decade, THE song that got me into a band and probably ending up being the one true fav'. Arriving Somewhere' from DWing is simply awesome as are, well, all of them really! 'The Start of Something Beautiful' does it for me at the moment.

Browse my list and pm me if you want me to receive some PT goodies mate :-) .
H3WMW

Post by H3WMW »

Ogg wrote:
H3WMW wrote:Porcupine Tree are a fantastic band.

I fell in love with their last two albums "Deadwing" and "In Absentia".

The stand out tracks for me are :

Blackest Eyes
The Sound Of Muzak
Shallow
Lazarus
Arriving Somewhere But Not Here

I can't wait for the new DVD "Arriving Somewhere...." to be released.

Have you seen the video concert from the Rockpalast yet? It's brilliant.
Yo H3', you were one of the first to recommend them to me and as you can see I'm pretty much an uber pt geek the now.
I must admit that the most recent two albums were the reason why I got into them, yes. both albums are brilliant. I have them on dvd-audio with extras etc and the full 5.1 surround thing.
Again, the rockpalast gig is excellent, I ripped my own audio from it but I've noticed the full show is available to download (for a fee!) from the official site. Now that would be a cool torrent eh H3'? :-) .
I have to agree that 'Blackest Eyes' is a monster and my 'Tom Sawyer' of this decade, THE song that got me into a band and probably ending up being the one true fav'. Arriving Somewhere' from DWing is simply awesome as are, well, all of them really! 'The Start of Something Beautiful' does it for me at the moment.

Browse my list and pm me if you want me to receive some PT goodies mate :-) .
Hey mate, I didn't know it was me who recommended PT to you. However, I'm glad I could be of service. :-D

I've PM'd you back regarding the PT "goodies". :cool: :cool:

Liam.
Bassist of Joe's Band

Ogg

Post by Ogg »

rushlight wrote:Did you get this version of Stupid Dream? It's supposed to have a lot more goodies and I know Dan gets these notices earlier than I do. It won't be released in the states until August. It was supposed to be this month but they changed the plan! ARRRGH! :x

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000FV ... nce&n=5174
Just got it RL and the remastered sound is far superior. I still prefer the modern PT with the newer drummer Gavin Harrison though, especially when they redo old songs with him eg the two XM session albums :-)
Tom Sawyer

Post by Tom Sawyer »

Those guys definately rock!!!!!!!!!!!!
H3WMW

Post by H3WMW »

Tom Sawyer wrote:Those guys definately rock!!!!!!!!!!!!
Oh Yeah!!!!!!!!
Bassist of Joe's Band

rushlight

Post by rushlight »

Got me some Deadwing. :cool:
I love my Welshman.
H3WMW

Post by H3WMW »

I'm going to see Porcupine Tree live on 1st October in Glasgow.

This will be my first time seeing them live. I can't wait.
Bassist of Joe's Band

Ogg

Post by Ogg »

rushlight wrote:Got me some Deadwing. :cool:
Go Girl! I envy you for having the pleasure of discovering this awesome album, every track a classic.
H3WMW wrote:I'm going to see Porcupine Tree live on 1st October in Glasgow.

This will be my first time seeing them live. I can't wait.
Oh do piss off Liam! :-D I tried to get tickets for both the Cambridge and Astoria shows when I actually had some money but couldnt find any and now I'm skint anyway...bastid that you are :-D .

Confession time, I admit that I'm a slack twat and have so far let down three of my UK chums who are awaiting a plethora of PT and Rush related goodies. I blame it on my workload and a cannabis addiction although my cd/dvd burner packing up didnt help of course. I now have a new burner, three jiffy bags and a shitload of stamps. After reading what new PT goodie I have for you I'm sure you'll be glad of the wait. I hope to post them over the weekend folks.

Apart from a few obscure things I guess I now have the COMPLETE PT collection after finally getting my hands on this beauty.
I actually went to mate's house, used his credit card and payed, yes...PAYED to download the brand spanking new official 'Rockpalast' live set...in it's entireity! I mentioned my own dvd-audio rip but it pales in comparisom to this lossless flac 600mb version. The fact that I couldn't find a torrent of the thing matters not :-D

Here's the cover

Thanks for your patience you three UK chums, it will be worth your while.

ps: debating wether to send them to Liam for being such a git :-D :-) .
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

awwwwwwww...let him have one, Oggy. Liam rocks.
Onward and Upward!
H3WMW

Post by H3WMW »

Ogg wrote:
ps: debating wether to send them to Liam for being such a git :-D :-) .
:smt107 :smt107
Bassist of Joe's Band

H3WMW

Post by H3WMW »

awip2062 wrote:awwwwwwww...let him have one, Oggy. Liam rocks.
:headbang: :headbang:
Bassist of Joe's Band

rushlight

Post by rushlight »

I reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeally like the Piano Lessons video. Pop and kickin to me. Damn you Ogg for getting such a cool cd, basically all the PT treasures that the rest of us fans haven't seized yet. :x :twisted:
I love my Welshman.
PV
Site Admin

Post by PV »

I love this band! A friend of mine turned me on to them about two years ago and I am hooked. I have In Absentia, Deadwing, Stupid Dream, and Lightbulb Sun. "Arriving Somewhere" is probably my favorite song with "Lazarus" being a close second. I've missed their shows they've done locally but hopefully that won't be happening again!
I don't have faith in faith, I don't believe in belief, You can call me faithless, I still cling to hope, And I believe in love, And that's faith enough for me... Neil Peart
rushlight

Post by rushlight »

"I come in value packs of ten"
"In five varieties"

Just got my Stupid Dream. :cool: Bloody brilliant. Can't name any favorites. I like them all.
I love my Welshman.