Jacobs Ladder

All Rush, all the time

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

Soup4Rush

Jacobs Ladder

Post by Soup4Rush »

On ESL, Geddy is talking to the crowd and he says "this was done a long time ago by the great_______" Who did he mention here? It sounded like PT Gurnsey... whoever that may be. just curious is all.
Happy 2015!
Ogg

Post by Ogg »

Good question indeed. All I'm aware of is that the story originates from the bible.
Julie

Post by Julie »

I wonder if it's mentioned in one of the Rush books, like Chemistry?
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

The account of Jacob's ladder is found in Genesis 28: 10-22, if anyone wants to read it. The verse the ladder is taken from is verse 12.

I have seen something about this song by Neil, but I forget where. :oops:
Onward and Upward!
by-tor

Re: Jacobs Ladder

Post by by-tor »

Soup4Rush wrote:On ESL, Geddy is talking to the crowd and he says "this was done a long time ago by the great_______" Who did he mention here? It sounded like PT Gurnsey... whoever that may be. just curious is all.
"We'd like to do an old song for you right now ... This was done a long time ago by the that old T.C. Broonsie. This is called 'Jacob's Ladder."

TC Broonsie is Terry Brown (producer of many Rush albums).
Don't tell me about rock and roll I'm out there in the clubs and on the streets and I'm living it! I am rock and roll!
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

Yay! By-Tor is a smart, or at least Rush educated, redneck!
Onward and Upward!
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

Redneck? Did someone say REDNECK? Hey! I resemble that statement! :-D

It's all good though...besides, educated rednecks always keep ya guessin' :wink:
Don't start none...won't be none.
Soup4Rush

Post by Soup4Rush »

by-tor wrote:
Soup4Rush wrote:On ESL, Geddy is talking to the crowd and he says "this was done a long time ago by the great_______" Who did he mention here? It sounded like PT Gurnsey... whoever that may be. just curious is all.
"We'd like to do an old song for you right now ... This was done a long time ago by the that old T.C. Broonsie. This is called 'Jacob's Ladder."

Thanks.. I googled TC Broonsie and got about 143 hits.
Happy 2015!
Ogg

Post by Ogg »

by-tor wrote:

Smart Ass :-D but a good question answered none the less. Relevant info can be found here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jacob%27s_ ... 28Bible%29.
Soup4Rush

Post by Soup4Rush »

so did TC Broonsie actualy write Jacobs Ladder, and I also know where Broon's Bane came from now.
Happy 2015!
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

You gonna share, Soup?
Onward and Upward!
Soup4Rush

Post by Soup4Rush »

The song is named after their longtime producer Terry Brown (T.C. Broonsie), who produced this and Rush's first 11 albums.

Also to note, this song is not recorded on any studio album, thus no available studio only version. It exists only on the live "Exit Stage...Left" album.

This was actually to be part of THE TREES acoustic intro but was rejected by Terry Brown aka Broon, therfore the title Broons Bane.
Happy 2015!
by-tor

Post by by-tor »

Great site here for many answers....

http://www.nimitz.net/rush/
Don't tell me about rock and roll I'm out there in the clubs and on the streets and I'm living it! I am rock and roll!
Soup4Rush

Post by Soup4Rush »

What is the chance Rush's new album will be called Gangster of Boats?
Happy 2015!
schuette

Post by schuette »

Soup4Rush wrote:
Also to note, this song is not recorded on any studio album, thus no available studio only version. It exists only on the live "Exit Stage...Left" album.
think I might have said this before ;) but one of my most treasured memories was seeing Rush perform Broons Bane live :-D