New 'RHCP double album!

Music outside of Rush

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

Ogg

New 'RHCP double album!

Post by Ogg »

Too much music and not enough time to listen to it all. It's bad enough having had my life taken over by the Porcupine Tree back catalogue but Tool had to release the amazing '10,000 Days' during this obsession. Add to this newies from Ministry, Pearl Jam, a live Korn album I seriously cant wait for the lull to enjoy these.
To make it even more difficult I d'ld an advance of the new Red Hot Chili Peppers DOUBLE album 'Stadium Arcadium' and after two listens it's obvious a return to form, reminds me of the massive 'BSSMagic' for the sheer amount of material on offer. Now if I can only find the time to hear all of this :-) .
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

gotta buy that RHCP....I love 'em, but the wife says they're "an aquired taste that should be enjoyed in moderation"....yeaaaaahhh *laffs*
Don't start none...won't be none.
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

Siggy, please inform Sigette for me that anything worth doing is worth overdoing.
Onward and Upward!
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

she's just talking smack....I caught her dancing" to "Give it Away" when I washed my truck *laffs*
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

She was just happy to see a man working.

*Expects to get slammed for that one*

Just kidding, guys!
Onward and Upward!
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

O puh-LEEEEZ...as if! here comes the slam....

*SLAM* oh wait.....*BODYSLAM* hahaha

that was cute :-D
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

Are you trying to mosh with me, Sigg?
Onward and Upward!
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

MOSH!!! I couldn't mosh...I go 250...someone would get hurt hahaha
DoctorX

Post by DoctorX »

I love everything from Uplift Mofo through One Hot Minute, but thought Californication was only moderately better than average, and By the Way was a real letdown.

I've heard mixed reviews of this album so far. I'm debating whether to pick it up or not.

I bought a DVD of What Hits? a couple months back. It's great to have the live clips and all the old videos, but I'd love it if someone made a comprehensive compilation of all their Warner Brothers era clips, and put all of Psychedelic Sex Funk out on DVD. That concert was amazing, especially the version of Magic Johnson they pulled off, with all those harmonics on the wah pedal. :geek:
Strength and beauty destined to decay
so cut the rose in full bloom.
Till the fearless come and the act is done
A love like blood
a love like blood

~Killing Joke~
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

Welcome to the board Dr. X!!

I'm a HUGE RCHP fan...Got a cool wallpaper right here on my 'puter...

I enjoyed them MUCH more when they did clubs....But don't get me wrong...I love the arena footage too....They put their heart and soul into every tune...Now, if they can juuuuust keep Frusciante clean :shock:

In fact, I sing "Under the Bridge" and "Give it Away" to Sigette and freinds at parties and they say I sound just like Keidis, so I'll gladly step in for him hahahaha
Soup4Rush

Post by Soup4Rush »

I saw RHCP in 88 or 89 in Hawaii. The venue was a warehouse and they performed on some risers. I think the admission was like $5. Leon, you may remember this. They had a bunch of unknowns. I also saw the Dead Milkmen there.
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

I saw them at the 9:30 Club a couple of times, and they took D.C. OVER man...even the homies were down with them...How cool is that?

Cross-genre fanbases are the product of a supergroup...remind you of anyone? Like RUSH? huh? what?