Bumperstickers

Open discussion about the world we live in today. Topics in here can get heated, but please keep it civil.

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

awip2062

Bumperstickers

Post by awip2062 »

Some I see and I love. They are witty or say what I think. Some I see and I just roll my eyes. Others make me laugh. Anyway, I saw two recently that really made an impression, and I am sure other people see them too and like/dislike, so I thought I would start yet another thread.

I saw a bumpersticker here in town this past week that read, "Guns don't kill people, drivers with cellphones do." Of course, the driver was using his own cellphone at the time I saw him. *sigh*

Another one I saw: Being hit by someone you love is a crime.

EXCUSE ME? *grumbles many things I should not say*

One thing that really, really, really bugs me is when people mean one thing, say another, and then blame me for the miscommunication. "Well, it was obvious what I meant. You are smart enough to figure it out." :roll:

What does that sticker say to the young woman who is driving about with her eye blackened by her boyfriend? You are the wrong one, here, honey. He is right. It IS your fault.
Onward and Upward!
schuette

Post by schuette »

I read that differently...being hit by someone you love is a crime...too many women/men will not report it or think that nothing will come of it as it will be regarded as a domestic....
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

But being hit isn't the crime.

Hitting is the crime.

Yes, it should be reported, I agree totally, but being hit is not the crime. The criminal is the hitter not the one who is hit.
Onward and Upward!
schuette

Post by schuette »

yeah I know and that's the way I read that.....I dont read it and think the person getting hit is the criminal...
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

I have ZIPPY respect for a man that hits a woman, but to be fair....it works both ways...you guys already addressed that though...I agree...

here's one I liked:

"GUN CONTROL....IS HITTING WHAT YOU'RE AIMING AT"

here's another:

"at least I can still smoke IN MY CAR"
Don't start none...won't be none.
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

Hey Siggs, if you are in the state of WA and at a drive-up window for anything (food, pharmacy,....) you may NOT smoke in your car.
Onward and Upward!
Orlando's LOVESLAVE

Post by Orlando's LOVESLAVE »

Hairy still does.................He say's, "fugg them." :-D
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

Theryago HB!!!

t...are U kidding? that's just silly...if that's true, I'll just stay where I'm at and like it :-D
Walkinghairball
Location: In a rock an roll venue near you....as long as you are in the Pacific Northwest.

Post by Walkinghairball »

Next they will put leppers in this corner, and AIDS carriers in that corner and flatchulant people over there and, and, and, and.
This space for rent
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

Siggs, I am totally serious. Part of this new law we voters just passed (well, not all of us voted for it; hubby and I sure didn't!) that makes it illegal to smoke within 25 feet of an entrance or window or vent of a building.
Onward and Upward!
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

wow t....that pretty much covers all of the building...and the madness continues.. :razz:
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

Yeah, well, madness it is. Next thing you know, tobacco will be illegal too.
Onward and Upward!
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

my burning (no pun intended) question is: WHAT does the ACLU think of THAT??? huh? what?

And Human Rights Watch...Are YOU gonna chime in on THIS ONE? :razz:
Soup4Rush

Post by Soup4Rush »

awip2062 wrote:Siggs, I am totally serious. Part of this new law we voters just passed (well, not all of us voted for it; hubby and I sure didn't!) that makes it illegal to smoke within 25 feet of an entrance or window or vent of a building.

I think it looks tacky if a bunch of people are smoking in front of a building. I would not want my customers to have to walk through a cloud to get to my business. The vent and window might be pushing it though. Sorry smokers, even when I was a smoker (7 years ago) I still did not think it was OK to smoke inside or in front of a building. However, it should be up to the biz owner rather people smoke on his property or not, not the goverment.
Happy 2015!
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

hey Soupy...well, put, and I agree about the hanging-out-front and smoke cloud thing...

It's just the principle...I respect non-smokers rights, so it's not like I'm a "I'm-gonna-smoke-anywhere-I-feel-like-it-and-the-rest-of-the-world-be-damned" kinda guy...

And hats off to you for quitting :headbang:...I need to quit myself...I'm just wondering when the pc madness is gonna end...