Bin Laden says Moussaoui not part of Sept 11

Open discussion about the world we live in today. Topics in here can get heated, but please keep it civil.

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

ElfDude

Post by ElfDude »

Devil's Advocate wrote:I think his conviction is unsound. I'm not sure I agree with bin Laden's opinion that Moussaoui's confession was made under duress, but the fact that the confession seems to be the only evidence against him makes for a very weak case.
I understand what you're saying. But let's remember, he confessed smugly and boastfully in front of the jury. Finding him guilty was a no-brainer on their part.
Aren't you the guy who hit me in the eye?
Devil's Advocate

Post by Devil's Advocate »

I'm sure there are people out there who'd plead guilty to being Napoleon Bonaparte. But I don't think anyone would take that as a legally sound basis for convicting them of invading Russia.
Soup4Rush

Post by Soup4Rush »

and had they did it in front of a jury, they would be sitting in SuperMax too. :-D
ElfDude

Post by ElfDude »

Devil's Advocate wrote:I'm sure there are people out there who'd plead guilty to being Napoleon Bonaparte. But I don't think anyone would take that as a legally sound basis for convicting them of invading Russia.
Hey, they'd better not! Everyone knows that I AM Napoleon Bonaparte! Anyone who tells you otherwise is lying!

Seriously though, didn't he go through a whole battery of competency tests, and was found mentally competent to stand trial?

What I get a kick out of is what he's saying now. "I was lying while under oath! I made it all up! I just did it because I thought I couldn't get a fair trial in the U.S.! Now I see how wrong I was. You people are fair and just! I still want you all dead, but please give me another trial!"

Okay, I'm paraphrasing, but that's the gist of it. 8)
schuette

Post by schuette »

ElfDude wrote:
just like the media ;)
ElfDude

Post by ElfDude »

schuette wrote:
ElfDude wrote:
just like the media ;)
Except for the "I still want you dead" line he really has said all of that stuff.
schuette

Post by schuette »

I cant comment on this guy cuz I've never 'read' about him....my only comment was on how people can be made to confess things under severe duress....if what you say he was arrogant and boastful in the court room then that can only be because of two things..1. he's guilty...2. he's crazy...either way he probably should be incarcerated

and DA...people who really believe they're Bonepart should be put away as well :lol: