Why they hate us

Open discussion about the world we live in today. Topics in here can get heated, but please keep it civil.

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

ElfDude

Why they hate us

Post by ElfDude »

Here's part of the reason. They're taught to from the beginning.
On Sunday, The Washington Post reported:

A 2004 Saudi royal study group recognized the need for reform after finding that the kingdom's religious studies curriculum "encourages violence toward others, and misguides the pupils into believing that in order to safeguard their own religion, they must violently repress and even physically eliminate the 'other.'" Since then, the Saudi government has claimed repeatedly that it has revised its educational texts.
The Washington Post had some of the supposedly New and Improved, Now with Less Hate!? textbooks analyzed, and here is just some of what they found (equivalent American school grade shown):

FIRST GRADE
"Fill in the blanks with the appropriate words (Islam, hellfire): Every religion other than ______________ is false. Whoever dies outside of Islam enters ____________."
FIFTH GRADE
"Whoever obeys the Prophet and accepts the oneness of God cannot maintain a loyal friendship with those who oppose God and His Prophet, even if they are his closest relatives."

"It is forbidden for a Muslim to be a loyal friend to someone who does not believe in God and His Prophet, or someone who fights the religion of Islam."

"A Muslim, even if he lives far away, is your brother in religion. Someone who opposes God, even if he is your brother by family tie, is your enemy in religion."

SIXTH GRADE
"Just as Muslims were successful in the past when they came together in a sincere endeavor to evict the Christian crusaders from Palestine, so will the Arabs and Muslims emerge victorious, God willing, against the Jews and their allies if they stand together and fight a true jihad for God, for this is within God's power."

EIGHTH GRADE
"[...] The apes are Jews, the people of the Sabbath; while the swine are the Christians, the infidels of the communion of Jesus."

NINTH GRADE
"The clash between this [Muslim] community (umma) and the Jews and Christians has endured, and it will continue as long as God wills."

"It is part of God's wisdom that the struggle between the Muslim and the Jews should continue until the hour [of judgment]."

"Muslims will triumph because they are right. He who is right is always victorious, even if most people are against him."

ELEVENTH GRADE
"The greeting 'Peace be upon you' is specifically for believers. It cannot be said to others."

"If one comes to a place where there is a mixture of Muslims and infidels, one should offer a greeting intended for the Muslims."

"Do not yield to them [Christians and Jews] on a narrow road out of honor and respect."

TWELFTH GRADE
"Jihad in the path of God -- which consists of battling against unbelief, oppression, injustice, and those who perpetrate it -- is the summit of Islam. This religion arose through jihad and through jihad was its banner raised high. It is one of the noblest acts, which brings one closer to God, and one of the most magnificent acts of obedience to God."
Aren't you the guy who hit me in the eye?
Walkinghairball
Location: In a rock an roll venue near you....as long as you are in the Pacific Northwest.

Post by Walkinghairball »

What happened to 2 + 2 = 4?
This space for rent
Devil's Advocate

Post by Devil's Advocate »

The hatred seems to be mutual.
Soup4Rush

Post by Soup4Rush »

Devil's Advocate wrote:The hatred seems to be mutual.

I would be curious to hear you expand on that.
Devil's Advocate

Post by Devil's Advocate »

Have a browse through the archives of www.fstdt.com for plenty of evidence, straight from the horses' mouths.
Soup4Rush

Post by Soup4Rush »

Well to be honest I do not have much love for the muslim faith. My opinion is that it is based on hate and violence. However I do not choose my friends based on their religious beliefs. I would not kill someone because they are not a Christian. Killing in the name of God is wrong no matter what faith you are. I have read passages of the Bible and I do not recall it saying you should kill people that are not Christian, nor have I ever heard a minister pastor or priest preach hatred and killing of non Christians.
schuette

Post by schuette »

maybe that's cuz they never discuss or give a sermon on the ancient popes.....The first Popes were warlike and power-hungry and they wanted all of the Christian world under their control Then, during the latter half of the first millennium AD, the teachings of Islam began to spread throughout North Africa and Asia Minor at an alarming pace. The Popes of Rome, fearful that this new religion would displace them from their still-tenuous position, needed a way to suppress this new, peaceful religion coming out of the East...
I think we all know they didnt suppress this by give them cups of tea and asking them to turn to christianity ...it seems 'religious killings' is an ancient thing...and it's one form of murder I dont see ending soon
Soup4Rush

Post by Soup4Rush »

Maybe it time to evolve. Instead of preaching hate, maybe everyone should remember the golden rule regardless of race or religion. I do not think the current form of Christianity preaches hate.
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

I can't see comparing the Popes of old to modern day pastors who have no allegience to the RC church past or present. Nor can I see painting today's Pope or RC members with the same brush, as they are not the same. Their teachings are quite different today than they were back then.

This is what is taught by my pastor: Love G-d, love your neighbor as yourself.
Onward and Upward!
schuette

Post by schuette »

the principles of Islam is not hatred....unfortunately there are extremists who have turned this into a form hatred towards other religions.....but I do believe that the majority of children of the Islam faith are being brought up to believe that they must kill all people who are not muslims
Last edited by schuette on Wed May 24, 2006 9:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Soup4Rush

Post by Soup4Rush »

I am not so sure I believe that.
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

Devil's Advocate wrote:Have a browse through the archives of www.fstdt.com for plenty of evidence, straight from the horses' mouths.
LOL! I found many of those to be hilarious! I sure hope you don't think all of us who call ourselves Christians believe all that! :roll:
Onward and Upward!
Soup4Rush

Post by Soup4Rush »

I think you may have just proved Schu's point. :-D :razz:
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

Schu had a point? :?

j/k

I think we all know there are extremists in all camps.
Onward and Upward!
ElfDude

Post by ElfDude »

Soup4Rush wrote:Maybe it time to evolve. Instead of preaching hate, maybe everyone should remember the golden rule regardless of race or religion. I do not think the current form of Christianity preaches hate.
Interesting point to be made. The golden rule (treat others as you would like to be treated) exists in all of the major religions of the world except for Islam.

And I can assure you, I was not taught to hate anyone in school. Those kinds of textbooks are not mutual.
Aren't you the guy who hit me in the eye?