Rolling Thunder 2006

Open discussion about the world we live in today. Topics in here can get heated, but please keep it civil.

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

CygnusX1

Rolling Thunder 2006

Post by CygnusX1 »

MAY, 2006 - GARY'S LETTER TO OUR MEMBERSHIP...

Dear Members,

Well the time is almost upon us again.

Artie Muller has just returned from another trip to Washington, DC where he had another meeting concerning Rolling Thunder? XIX. All is on track for another successful demonstration. Yes, I said demonstration, because that is the purpose for holding the event in Washington, DC.

We are exercising our right to demonstrate because we want better health care for Veterans, better treatment from the VA and no more cuts to an already stressed VA System. When the VA gets cuts, the result is always that the Veterans, who use the system, suffer in one way or another-- usually financially.

Programs get cut--as well as health care professionals? jobs. This is all unacceptable. We need to speak up and let everyone know that we are tired of this and it has to stop. If it were not for the Veterans of this country, there would be no VA System, because they are the ones who put their lives on the line to ensure that our way of life is protected.

Now it is time for the government to take care of those veterans.

We are also demonstrating for the POW/MIA Issue. Always keep them in your minds and hearts, especially when we are in Washington, DC.

If it was not for our demonstration--and the gigantic, tireless efforts by other organizations--the POW/MIA Issue would be swept under the rug.

Because we keep alive the memories of those left behind, the government makes efforts return the remains home to be buried with honor in the country for which they so gallantly served.

We have forged a relationship with JPAC (Joint POW/MIA accounting Command), who do all of the hard work to locate and return these servicemen home. And, we are not only demonstrating for Vietnam, but for veterans of all wars that this country has been in.

Remains of Korean War and World War II servicemen are still being found. Lastly, we must keep fresh in people?s minds that Scott Speicher (from the first Gulf War) and Matt Maupin (from the current Gulf War), are still Missing in Action.

WHY??!! We cannot let their memory fade away. They were both deployed to protect us, so now it?s our duty to protect them.

I hope everybody has a safe trip to Washington, DC and I look forward to seeing everyone again. Again, let?s not forget why we are there, and please remember to behave in a manner that earns respect for our cause and Rolling Thunder.

Please keep our troops and the POW/MIA?s in your hearts and in your prayers. Thank you Veterans, and God Bless America!

Yours truly,
Gary M. Scheffmeyer, President
Don't start none...won't be none.
Walkinghairball
Location: In a rock an roll venue near you....as long as you are in the Pacific Northwest.

Post by Walkinghairball »

REMEMBER THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THEY KICKED ASS TO KEEP THE WORLD FREE!!!!!!!!

*I get down from soap box now*
This space for rent
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

Get back up there Bro! We are with ya!

Get us all fired up like Neil did for the crowd part on MP! :evil:

*is off to take her Veteran mom to the VA hospital again*
Onward and Upward!
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

don't worry brah....it's Memorial Day soon, so soapboxes are in plentiful supply for the weekend...let 'er rip! :headbang:
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

besides, it's MY thread, and you're a MOD, so what's-not-to-like? hahahaha

seriously, thanks for remembering bro' :lol:
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

Hi t!!!!

Please tell your mom that from one Vet to another I thank her for her service to our country! :headbang:

*fresh java for you my dear*

good morning!
Soup4Rush

Post by Soup4Rush »

They do need to do something. VA hospitals are a drag. :(
Middle Kingdom

Post by Middle Kingdom »

Programs get cut--as well as health care professionals? jobs. This is all unacceptable. We need to speak up and let everyone know that we are tired of this and it has to stop. If it were not for the Veterans of this country, there would be no VA System, because they are the ones who put their lives on the line to ensure that our way of life is protected.

What a great statement.
I hope someone will listen and something can be done.
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

you're too KIND on that one Soupy....

what's up dude? you ready to throw down like HB and myself?
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

Well put MK! *cheers*

What's up my NE brother?
Soup4Rush

Post by Soup4Rush »

I went to a VA hospital once and I was so pissed off I ended up going to a regular hospital. The doctor did not even speak English. :twisted: Medical is the best when you are on active duty, but the VA just plain sucks. You know I financed my house FHA just because I could get a better deal than VA offered. My opinion is that if you served this country in combat, (I did not for the record unless you call barfights combat :-D ) You should be able to buy a house interest free and your medical/dental/vision should be free for the rest of your life. and it should be top notch healthcare too. The VA is bullshit.
Happy 2015!
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

Wow Soup....that's too f*cked up man...Sorry you went through that mess...

My former boss is a 10pt. Viet Nam Vet, and he got lucky and got a Native American doctor at the VA here....He really helped him out, and that included all the bullshit paperwork...I guess he was the exception and not the rule huh?

And IMHO, barfights COUNT....you were still on active duty, right!!! :headbang:
Kares4Rush

Post by Kares4Rush »

My best friend's Dad is in a VA hospital right now and is MISERABLE!! Treated like sh*t! Ugh. This guy was a decorated hero in WWII. :x

Freeze this moment a little bit longer...
Kares4Rush

Post by Kares4Rush »

Hey Siggy and Soup! Your sig pics remind me of something that happened here yesterday. It's Fleet Week here and thousands of servicemen and women are in town. It's incredible. You can tour the ships and planes.

I forgot about it and my train was crossing the East River and all of a sudden this formation of Blue Angels BARRELED by above the train!!! Loud and Low! WHAMMO!!!! At first I thought it was 9/11 again but found out later they were practicing their maneuvers for the Jones Beach show this weekend!

Freeze this moment a little bit longer...
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

Hi KARES!!!

I DID FLEET WEEK!!!! In '79!!! That's too cool! The tradition continues...

I was lucky enuff (if you wanna call it that :shock: ) to get into Studio 54 back then...man, what a RIDE!!!! I'll never forget that...