Rolling Thunder 2006

Open discussion about the world we live in today. Topics in here can get heated, but please keep it civil.

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

Soup4Rush

Post by Soup4Rush »

Kares4Rush wrote:Hey Siggy and Soup! Your sig pics remind me of something that happened here yesterday. It's Fleet Week here and thousands of servicemen and women are in town. It's incredible. You can tour the ships and planes.

I forgot about it and my train was crossing the East River and all of a sudden this formation of Blue Angels BARRELED by above the train!!! Loud and Low! WHAMMO!!!! At first I thought it was 9/11 again but found out later they were practicing their maneuvers for the Jones Beach show this weekend!
I thought they were in Iowa this weekend. I will have to check my schedule. I am probably wrong. I am gonna try to see them in Dayton in July. I have not seen them in a few years.
Happy 2015!
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

Blue Angels are too cool....check to see if the planes are numbered in sequence...if not, one's getting fixed for a problem, or a pilot didn't make the pre-flight physical... :-D
Don't start none...won't be none.
Xanadu

Post by Xanadu »

Airplanes are cool.
We're all mad here!
Kares4Rush

Post by Kares4Rush »

Soup4Rush wrote:
Kares4Rush wrote:Hey Siggy and Soup! Your sig pics remind me of something that happened here yesterday. It's Fleet Week here and thousands of servicemen and women are in town. It's incredible. You can tour the ships and planes.

I forgot about it and my train was crossing the East River and all of a sudden this formation of Blue Angels BARRELED by above the train!!! Loud and Low! WHAMMO!!!! At first I thought it was 9/11 again but found out later they were practicing their maneuvers for the Jones Beach show this weekend!
I thought they were in Iowa this weekend. I will have to check my schedule. I am probably wrong. I am gonna try to see them in Dayton in July. I have not seen them in a few years.
You know, Soups I'm not sure. I just remember when the planes flew over my train when crossing the river the wings were blue or they had blue stripes but I couldn't necessarily recognize them as the Blue Angels myself and knew it.

This morning on the news (this "maneuver" was un-announced and caused quite a panic here as you can imagine) they said it was the Blue Angels practicing for the air show at Jones Beach this weekend and the Police Commissioner had to come on the TV and announce that there would be other arial displays and maneuvers all weekend. I guess 9/11 is still pretty raw here and people panic at jet fighters barrelling through again. I guess they should have warned the public earlier.

Freeze this moment a little bit longer...
Soup4Rush

Post by Soup4Rush »

no worries... yeah 6 F/A 18's can make quite the racket.
Happy 2015!
Soup4Rush

Post by Soup4Rush »

you were right Kares6, Jones Beach 27th and the 28th. Davenport Iowa June 3rd and 4th. I was going to try and make that show but the wife has other plans for me that weekend :(
Happy 2015!
Kares4Rush

Post by Kares4Rush »

Bummer, Soup. :( I'm gonna see if I can make it out there.

Siggy! Your Sig is AWESOME!!! :D

CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

sweet....I was reading your posts, and thought it would be an apt compliment to reassure your residents that they come in peace :-D
Kares4Rush

Post by Kares4Rush »

:-D :-D :-D

CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

:headbang:

what'd you do with Soupy?
Kares4Rush

Post by Kares4Rush »

I think he joined the Blue Angels!!! :shock:

Kares4Rush

Post by Kares4Rush »

Oops! Gotta get my train! Hopefully I'll see more Blue Angels on the way home! :-D

CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

Cool!

Have a great time this weekend ! :headbang:

Stay safe!

Siggy
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

CygnusX1 wrote::headbang:

what'd you do with Soupy?
Would you have believed me if I said I had him taped up somewhere?
Onward and Upward!
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

um...lemme think about it....yep :-D

I believe you....just let him free to watch the Indy 500/Coca Cola 600!

mmmkay?