World Cup 2006 Germany (Congratulations Italy)

Football, Baseball, Basketball, Hockey, it's all here

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

Ogg

World Cup 2006 Germany (Congratulations Italy)

Post by Ogg »

I'm hijacking your incomprehensible so called 'sports' page you damn Americans and there's nuttin' you can do about it!..so there :-) .

It may have escaped your attention but there is a small football (soccer) tournament being held in Germany the now; simply entitled 'World Cup 2006' featuring quite a few national teams and of interest to the majority of the world except Americans of course :-D . Although I believe that the US are represented I doubt that they'll figure overall.
I've just watched the opening game with hosts Germany trouncing Costa Rica 4-2 with with a louster of a goal by Germany's midfielder 'Frings'.
Of course the Brazillians are expected to win but our 'England' national side is looking like strong contenders with the likes of Owen, Beckham, Gerrard and a hopeful Rooney restoring some pride in the game that originated here in England. Thankyou.
Last edited by Ogg on Sun Jul 09, 2006 2:49 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Middle Kingdom

Post by Middle Kingdom »

I've read it's a livelier ball?
I would gues that's to increase scoring, and thus, interest.
I actually like the world cup, and the intensity of the games.
I like to see the US get back to the round of 16.
YYZ30

Post by YYZ30 »

I have no comment.

I know who Im rooting for and Ill leave it at that.
Ogg

Post by Ogg »

Middle Kingdom wrote:I've read it's a livelier ball?
I would gues that's to increase scoring, and thus, interest.
I actually like the world cup, and the intensity of the games.
I like to see the US get back to the round of 16.
Hmm, I'll try to make some sense of this grammatical potpourri :-) .

A livelier ball apparently but to increase interest..? I don?t think so, you sarcastic git :-D I think you're saying you like ''watching' the world cup and hope the US reach the last sixteen? I give up!

It must be strange for you yanks to watch a free flowing ball game that doesn?t have the need to stop every minute or so for pissing around :-D :-D .
YYZ30 wrote:I have no comment.

I know who Im rooting for and Ill leave it at that.
What a cowards way out! For shame! :-D
YYZ30

Post by YYZ30 »

No because I almost launched WWIII on two boards where I mentioned who I was rooting for- so now instead I'll cheer in silence.
Ogg

Post by Ogg »

YYZ30 wrote:

No because I almost launched WWIII on two boards where I mentioned who I was rooting for- so now instead I'll cheer in silence.
That's just being silly YY'. We're probably the most tolerant bunch of freaks on the net here, besides it's only a game for Geds sake!
Who in their right mind would flame one's team of choice within any sport? Probably why I generally avoid the 'sports' thing here...not a fanatic myself but I can guess others can be. Opinions are like assholes, everyone's got one.
YYZ30

Post by YYZ30 »

Ogg wrote:
YYZ30 wrote:

That's just being silly YY'. We're probably the most tolerant bunch of freaks on the net here, besides it's only a game for Geds sake!
Who in their right mind would flame one's team of choice within any sport? Probably why I generally avoid the 'sports' thing here...not a fanatic myself but I can guess others can be. Opinions are like assholes, everyone's got one.
This is the one thing that stops wars in their tracks, the entire world sits up and takes notice of this event for an entire month- every 4 years.

Let me put it this way, Ill be asleep in the arms of the three lions.

;)

I am a stupid American, yes, but a stupid American that understands the beauty of this game- I have since I was 9.
Ogg

Post by Ogg »

YYZ30 wrote:I am a stupid American, yes, but a stupid American that understands the beauty of this game- I have since I was 9.
*sniff* I never knew such an entity existed :-D .
YYZ30

Post by YYZ30 »

Ogg wrote:
YYZ30 wrote:I am a stupid American, yes, but a stupid American that understands the beauty of this game- I have since I was 9.
*sniff* I never knew such an entity existed :-D .
Man U until they sold out to that stupid American owner.

Im looking for a new team to follow.
Devil's Advocate

Post by Devil's Advocate »

Ogg wrote:It must be strange for you yanks to watch a free flowing ball game that doesn?t have the need to stop every minute or so for pissing around :-D :-D .
For TV ads, you mean.
Walkinghairball
Location: In a rock an roll venue near you....as long as you are in the Pacific Northwest.

Post by Walkinghairball »

Believe me, the commercials in sports here fukkin infuriates me. Who gives a............play ball.
This space for rent
Ogg

Post by Ogg »

Here we go once again, another major footy tournament and England, so full of talent and promise deliver yet another indifferent lacklustre performance. A third minute own goal saved this farce from the 0-0 score it so deserved. So England bags the three points 0-1 but with star striker Owen?s injury, Gerrard and Crouch's yellow cards only furthered to taint this dire display. No sign of the seventeen year old wonder kid Theo Walcott with the sub Hargreaves doing little to enhance his already non-existent reputation.
Thank you, u.k. sports editor Ogg :-) .
rushlight

Post by rushlight »

England won against Paraguay! WOOOOOOOO! :-D :-D :-D :-D I just stumbled upon the game. I assumed it was gonna be on in the evening but soo cool!
I love my Welshman.
Devil's Advocate

Post by Devil's Advocate »

Bah. England are the Arch Enemy. We want them to lose. :twisted:
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

Ogg, I will have you know that our small local radio station actually has been informing us of this tourny. I was quite surprised to hear them talking about it.
Onward and Upward!