World Cup 2006 Germany (Congratulations Italy)

Football, Baseball, Basketball, Hockey, it's all here

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

rushlight

Post by rushlight »

Today I went past some merchant in the mall selling those soccer sports shirts for the world cup. He has been getting many customers.
I love my Welshman.
Devil's Advocate

Post by Devil's Advocate »

Was he selling Portugal shirts? :twisted:
schuette

Post by schuette »

awww England lost........hahahahahahahahahahaha :-D
Ogg

Post by Ogg »

schuette wrote:awww England lost........hahahahahahahahahahaha :-D
Oh Do Shut Up!!! :-D

I could only watch a bit of the second half due to the Wedding speeches etc, England are crap at penalty taking anyway...sigh.
schuette

Post by schuette »

no offence but England has been quite crap this whole World Cup :lol:
Ogg

Post by Ogg »

schuette wrote:no offence but England has been quite crap this whole World Cup :lol:
You got that right Schu' but what's new eh? So much individual talent but without a decent (English) manager they're never going to win anything.

ps: Blooy ell! Brazil have just been knocked out by France!
schuette

Post by schuette »

I wanted France to win but in the France/Spain game I wanted Spain to win lol........I want Germany to win.....When they beat Argentina I was so happy...especially after watching Argentina at the end of the match :lol:
Middle Kingdom

Post by Middle Kingdom »

I'm rooting for Portugal to take it all.
Wouldn't surprise me if germany won since it's in their country.
Slaine mac Roth

Post by Slaine mac Roth »

Middle Kingdom wrote:I'm rooting for Portugal to take it all.
Wouldn't surprise me if germany won since it's in their country.
After seeing Portugal's performance against France last night, I am so thankful that the French won (something I never thought I would ever say unless they were playing Argentina or Brazil). The behaviour of the Portugese playeers was apalling - I kept wondering if, prior to the world cup, they had taken a course at RADA.

In addaition, after seeing his behaviour at the end of the match, I am so glad that Scolari didn't get the England job. It was painfully clear that his players take their direction from him and FIFA should certainly take a close look at the events of last night.

So, its France vs Italy in the final (my prediction was half-right - I went for Italy vs Argentina) in what could be the saving grace in a tournament that has been missing that vital spark.
Ogg wrote: without a decent (English) manager they're never going to win anything.
How true. I'm sure McLaren is just a caretaker until they can talk Stuart Pearce into taking the job. If Psycho can't instill some pride and determination into the England team, no-one can
'Do not despise the snake for having no horns, for who is to say it will not become a dragon?'
Ogg

Post by Ogg »

Well, France v Italy in the World Cup Final. 1-1 after extra time, one dubious penalty, a disallowed goal (for offside) and a red card for a shocking Zidane headbutt, lol. Italy pipped France in the penalty shoot out at the end, such a poor way to end the final but Italy deserve the trophy after tonights display. Congratulations Italy.
Slaine mac Roth

Post by Slaine mac Roth »

Up yours garlic eaters :-D :-D :-D :-D
'Do not despise the snake for having no horns, for who is to say it will not become a dragon?'
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

I eat garlic.
Onward and Upward!
YYZ30

Post by YYZ30 »

Ogg wrote:Well, France v Italy in the World Cup Final. 1-1 after extra time, one dubious penalty, a disallowed goal (for offside) and a red card for a shocking Zidane headbutt, lol. Italy pipped France in the penalty shoot out at the end, such a poor way to end the final but Italy deserve the trophy after tonights display. Congratulations Italy.
A penalty shootout to end it all?
schuette

Post by schuette »

the talk is obviously about Zidane and how he was provoked.....to me it doesn't make any difference what Materazzi said, Zidane should not have reacted in that way......and how was Zidane rewarded...he's been given the best player of the tournament......maybe he was but whenever he did that headbutt he should have also been disqualified from the receiving the award...my 5 year old son was watching it along with milliions of other children and even he knew what Zidane did was out of order..

The French manager, Domenech, has annoyed me the most..
"We had the fourth official saying it to the referee. The second official saw nothing. The fourth official tipped off the referee,? he said. ?The referee was not on our side.?

bullshit!...any official who saw that was in his right to tell the ref...FIFA have said that the 4th official does not have any access to video replays and that he saw it with his own eyes.....also Domenech has said it must have been something really bad to provoke Zidane in such a way...even if Materazzi said "I shagged your mother, sister and daughter last night and one of them has crabs" there is still no excuse for Zidane's behaviour
Middle Kingdom

Post by Middle Kingdom »

Things are said all game long.
Zidane has been playing so long, he knows this.
Too bad for him, he got caught.
Doesn't matter what was said.