New Year's Eve

Day to day life of the Rush fans

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

rushlight

New Year's Eve

Post by rushlight »

So what will you do? I'll be at a relative's house bored out of my mind. I'll work during the day then go to my sister's in the evening. Anybody gonna light fireworks?
I love my Welshman.
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

Ummmm...I will try to ged online, but H will have the computer as soon as 9:30 rolls around. Won't do the fireworks thing, prolly, cuz my godmother who lives on the same property as we do hates 'em. Likely I will just go to bed at my usual time. ho-hum *yawns*
Onward and Upward!
PV
Site Admin

Post by PV »

We've been invited to a neighborhood party but most likely will be home. I have a husband sick with the flu. :? He is also on call for his job on New Years Day and if he's healthy, he will probably have to get up and out of here at 3:00 am to go fly. So we may just be hanging out at home with the kids.
I don't have faith in faith, I don't believe in belief, You can call me faithless, I still cling to hope, And I believe in love, And that's faith enough for me... Neil Peart
wcp

Post by wcp »

Chineese food. yum
Ogg

Post by Ogg »

Ironic that I've just received a phone call with the news that the planned NYEve party is cancelled :shock:
I was in the process of waffling about our annual family "bit of a do" with my younger brother and sister assorted spouse and children but the advent of the flu has curtailed that.
Newest plans being an immediate Ogg family get together (if I can persuade teenage daughters to stay in, some hope :? ) so it looks like Mario Kart on the Gamecube and The Simpsons Monopoly with my wife and son.

It would be good to get the chat room up again and attempt to marry time differences at the midnight chimes...well, or soon after.
Mr. Potatoe Head

Post by Mr. Potatoe Head »

Good idea Ogg, maybe we can all just meet here.

I don't chase that dragon like I use to, my interests have changed. Every once in awhile I might go for a ride down memory lane :lol:
KaelMwithascrubbrush
Location: I don't know, but there's a snake in my boot and an arrow just hit me in the butt!

Post by KaelMwithascrubbrush »

Usually, NYE is a big wash in my life, but this year will be a bit fun. Our church is having an NYE social, and Julie (my wife), myself, and a friend of ours are going to play a set at the dance.... Julie has a beautiful voice, Ray will be tickling the keyboard, and I will be playing the skins. We'll be doing mostly mellow dancy stuff, lots of brush work, which is fun.
"I broke a mirror in my house. I'm supposed to get seven years bad luck, but my lawyer thinks he can get me five."
-Steven Wright
Aerosmitten

Post by Aerosmitten »

I will sit on my bum and stare at the puter and that will be that.
schuette

Post by schuette »

I've got a smoke, a bottle of Glayva, a bottle of Aftershock, a bottle of dessert wine and cider 8) ...some of ma pals are coming round and we're gonna make some noise :D
Xanadu

Post by Xanadu »

Woohoooo...I'll be at me friend's party later...stoned of course :roll:
We're all mad here!
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

Seems I ged to doggie sit for my folks, so I will be able to hang out online all night. Know what that means? H and I both online at the same time!
Onward and Upward!
Mermaid of the Lunar Sea

Post by Mermaid of the Lunar Sea »

We're going to a place called 'Reunions Pub' with our next door neighbors. The pub is having a special New Years thing.

Sorry I've been quiet lately.

Have a happy new year, everyone! Image
Aerosmitten

Post by Aerosmitten »

Here it is....New Years Eve...Here I am...Sitting on my bum staring at the puter.
PV
Site Admin

Post by PV »

We had a nice night here at the PV house. Hubby and I took the kids to dinner and movie (Elf, hysterical!). We returned home and headed down the street to a neighborhood bash where we rang in 2004. Shortly after midnight we came home, tucked the weans in to bed, found a good movie on tv (Airplane :lol: ), and I found my way here to wish my online family a Happy New Year! :D
I don't have faith in faith, I don't believe in belief, You can call me faithless, I still cling to hope, And I believe in love, And that's faith enough for me... Neil Peart
rushlight

Post by rushlight »

I got my day off yesterday. Didn't want to work New year's eve. I made a ham and recorded a show that was getting too exciting. Then I went out to get a few things. Afterwards, the family went to another relatives and we stayed there till nearing 1am. We watched League of Extraordinary Gentlemen and Pirates of the Caribbean. My family went to blow foreworks while I stayed in and watched downtown get ready to celebrate. I had a beer and then drank some wine and when it was midnight downtown, they started playing many songs and one of them turned out to be Tom Sawyer. :D After the whole thing, we went home. My poor dogs were so scared of the fireworks and were happy when we got home. :wink:
I love my Welshman.