United 93

Open discussion about the world we live in today. Topics in here can get heated, but please keep it civil.

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

rushlight

United 93

Post by rushlight »

Who is going to see it? It's out Friday. I most certainly will not. I saw only a few minutes of a program about the terrorist's mind with D.A. in Wales and I started to cry.
I love my Welshman.
schuette

Post by schuette »

never heard of it.....
rushlight

Post by rushlight »

It's a film about Flight 93 that was hijacked by the terrorists on 9-11. I think there will be a few more 9-11 films out soon. I'm not surprised. They did films about wars and the holocaust so obviously someone decides to do this one.
I love my Welshman.
schuette

Post by schuette »

honestly.....I will avoid watching this....
Walkinghairball
Location: In a rock an roll venue near you....as long as you are in the Pacific Northwest.

Post by Walkinghairball »

I will watch it.

The people who stopped the plane from reaching it's target are HERO'S................................they deserve to be recognized.

The whole thing stinks, and I'm not going to get in a heated debate about it, so I will just say "Let's Roll!"
This space for rent
schuette

Post by schuette »

I'm not watching it for political reasons...I know it will make me angry and probably get me down...I never usually watch things like that for that reason...
Devil's Advocate

Post by Devil's Advocate »

I gotta wonder why this movie was made.

Was it some kind of propagnda thing, an attempt to re-ignite interest in the so-called war on terror?

Or is it a pure money-making venture by the producers?
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

I can see why Schu won't watch it...Lord knows the Scots had their share of tragedy with Lockerbie...Anybody remember THAT????

No argument that they were heroes, but I still have bad memories about it....Don't know if I'll watch it or not...
Don't start none...won't be none.
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

I really think the movie was made for the families of the heroes only....For "closure"....(God I hate that term.....there's no "closure"...EVER...yaknow?)
Walkinghairball
Location: In a rock an roll venue near you....as long as you are in the Pacific Northwest.

schuette wrote:I'm not watching it for political reasons...I know it will make me angry and probably get me down...I never usually watch things like that for that reason...
Oh I can bet it will also piss me off just like I was when I was watching it unfold the day.................................. man I was angry.

[quote"Devils Advocate"]I gotta wonder why this movie was made.

Was it some kind of propagnda thing, an attempt to re-ignite interest in the so-called war on terror?

Or is it a pure money-making venture by the producers?[/quote]

Yeah, exactly............................why.

I can hope it was to make money, but the American media and the Hollywood idiots feast, and live on tragedy and sensationalism.

Propaganda..................... Yeah I can see that angle too. Don't like the mud slinging, but it happens.
This space for rent
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

I knowhatchamean HB...SOMEONE'S gonna cash in....Just hope they do the right thing and share the wealth...
Walkinghairball

CygnusX1 wrote:I really think the movie was made for the families of the heroes only....For "closure"....(God I hate that term.....there's no "closure"...EVER...yaknow?)

That would be ok by me if the families got the closure they need. They should get the major cut in the gross profits the movie brings in........................And we know that ain't happening.

Hey, once I get the hang of this I'll stop posting my wannabe quotes in edit mode.
Now it's all out of synch.............................bad Hairball, bad!!! :oops:
This space for rent
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

I watched enuff of the History Channel to not really want to see the film....Facts trump a Hollywood movie anyday...HC laid it out pretty thorough...I understand the movie is pretty much a documentary anyway...
Walkinghairball

CygnusX1 wrote:I watched enuff of the History Channel to not really want to see the film....Facts trump a Hollywood movie anyday...HC laid it out pretty thorough...I understand the movie is pretty much a documentary anyway...
I love The History Channel, it is cool.
This space for rent
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

Yeah, I was telling schu that they had a whole documentary day last week on Elizabeth I, before HBO aired the miniseries...I learned a lot about Scotland....I was impressed, and it made me do some research into how many cities here in my state are named after Scottish cities...It was startling to see we have at least six...