Golf

Football, Baseball, Basketball, Hockey, it's all here

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

Me

Golf

Post by Me »

Just a shot in the ruff.....but was wondering if anyone else was interested in golf here abouts? I played my first game only two months ago, thought I'd never like the game but it was fun.

AT&T Pebble Beach National Pro-Am

Winner:
Arron Oberholser
Round 4: E
To Par: -17
Current Round: 4
Dates: February 09-12, 2006
Def. Champ: Arron Oberholser
Pebble Beach Golf Links Par: 72 Yards: 6814
Poppy Hills Par: 72 Yards: 6833
Spyglass Hill GC Par: 72 Yards: 6858
Purse: $5,400,000
When evil is allowed to compete with good, evil has an emotional populist appeal that wins out unless good men & women stand as a vanguard against abuse.
Walkinghairball
Location: In a rock an roll venue near you....as long as you are in the Pacific Northwest.

Post by Walkinghairball »

Well I wouldn't call what I do as golf (per say), more like bashing the guts out of a little white ball. :-D
This space for rent
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

My husband used to play a bunch of putt-putt but he went for his first real golf game this year. He didn't do so well and quite embarrassed the man he went with. LOL It is too expensive here for him to go much though. Well, except for this one place he just found out about. He may end up going with another man who isn't very good either and the two of them just having fun now and again.
Onward and Upward!
Me

Post by Me »

After hitting it in the trees, a pond and on a differnt fairway I finally got the hang of it. I didn't do all that bad either I could actually hit it straight and set up for my next shot. I wasn't so good at the chipping thing nor the putting
but still managered to beat my son :-D Of course I was 23 over par for the course, at any rate it was still fun. The best part of course was just spending time with my son whacking a little ball around.
When evil is allowed to compete with good, evil has an emotional populist appeal that wins out unless good men & women stand as a vanguard against abuse.
Walkinghairball
Location: In a rock an roll venue near you....as long as you are in the Pacific Northwest.

My best round for 18 holes is 117.
Don't feel bad all you whackers out there.
It takes time.
This space for rent
YYZ30

Post by YYZ30 »

I play.

We have a PGA rated par 3 round here that I average 96 on...Im not bad just get a little flommoxed around water hazards.
Middle Kingdom

Post by Middle Kingdom »

I haven't played in 3 years, but I got new clubs
last summer, and will be going out soon.
We have a cruddy 9 hole course 1 mile away.

My best for 18 holes was 104.
I got a 9 on the par 4 18th, overtrying
my hardest to par it and get the 99.
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

I just inherited a set from my Dad....I never got into it, because when I was a kid, my dad said: "Hey son, wanna go golfing" and I--being the adventurous type I am, said: "Sure...Let's do it"

Anyway, when we get to the links, I became his CADDY 'cuz he KNEW I couldn't drive a golfball, so years went by, I FINALLY got to the driving range, and JUST started golfing with my friend....

We were lucky enuff to get PRACTICE tickets to The Masters down in Augusta a few years ago, and we were watching Tiger goofing around on the (Seventh?) approach to the green, which is a penninsula...Tiger was using a WOOD, and SKIPPING balls across the water onto the green...no bullshit...

He's THAT good :headbang:
Don't start none...won't be none.
Me

Post by Me »

GO TIGER...

Updated:2006-07-23 14:13:10
Woods Repeats as British Open Champion
Tiger Claims 11th Major Title With Father on Mind
By DOUG FERGUSON
AP Sports
HOYLAKE, England (July 23) - Tiger Woods had an answer for everyone Sunday on another methodical march to victory in the British Open.

Another Major for Tiger

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
More Coverage:
? British Open Leaderboard
? More British Open News

Jump Below:
? Watch Highlights
? Final Leaderboard
One month after missing the cut for the first time in a major, Woods was ruthless as ever on the brown-baked links of Royal Liverpool, making three straight birdies to turn away a spirited challenge by Chris DiMarco and win golf's oldest championship for the second straight year.

He closed with a 5-under 67 and became the first player since Tom Watson in 1982-83 to win consecutive titles.

Woods was two shots clear of DiMarco, who shot a 68. Ernie Els finished five strokes behind after a round of 71. Jim Furyk was six strokes off the pace with a 71, with Hideto Tanihara and Sergio Garcia both finishing seven behind the winner.

Woods tapped in for par for a two-shot victory over DiMarco, and pent-up emotions tore through his lips as he screamed ''Yes!'' He then buried his head in caddie Steve Williams' shoulder and sobbed, his chest heaving.

British Open Highlights

Andrew Redington, Getty Images
Check out the latest highlights and interviews from the 135th Open Championship. Watch NowThis was his first victory since his father, Earl Woods, died May 3 after a brutal bout with cancer. Some questioned whether Woods could regain his focus, especially after he was sent packing after two rounds at Winged Foot in the U.S. Open.

His face was contorted in raw emotion as he walked off the green and sobbed again while hugging his wife, Elin, and his trainer, Keith Klevin.

''I could not stop it,'' Woods said. ''I miss my dad so much.''

Through it all, no one could stop Woods from winning his 11th career major at age 30. He is tied with Walter Hagen for second on the career list and is one step closer to the 18 professional majors won by Jack Nicklaus, the only mark that matters to Woods.

But there were doubts that followed him around Royal Liverpool, host of the British Open for the first time in 39 years.

Not only did he miss the cut at the U.S. Open, dominance in the majors was slowly shifting to rival Phil Mickelson. And even with Mickelson out of the picture and Woods clinging to a one-shot lead over a strong cast of contenders, Woods was grilled about his conservative style of play because he hit driver only once all week.

The answer was in his hands, the silver claret jug.

But he had to work for it, courtesy of another gritty performance by a familiar foe also coping with the death of his parent.

The Open Championship, Fourth Round
Pos.
Player Name
Round 4
To Par
Total

Tiger Woods

Chris DiMarco

Ernie Els

Jim Furyk

Sergio Garcia

Complete Leaderboard
DiMarco's mother, Norma, died of a heart attack July 4 in Colorado, and he made sure his father joined him on this trip to the northwest of England as a chance to heal. DiMarco, who pushed Woods into a playoff at the Masters last year, did all he could to deliver.

He made a 25-foot birdie on the par-3 13th to pull within one shot of Woods, then made a 50-foot par save on the 14th to stay in the game, a putt that rattled the cup and made everyone wonder if he had help from above.

''I had a lot of divine intervention out there,'' DiMarco said. ''I had my mother with me all week.''

Woods followed with another low, penetrating iron into 8 feet on the 14th for a birdie. And after DiMarco scrambled for a birdie on the 16th to keep his hopes alive, Woods answered with an 8-foot birdie into the heart of the hole at No. 15.

Woods finished at 18-under 270, missing an 8-foot birdie putt that would have matched his record (19 under) set at St. Andrews six years ago.

His father was with him for his first taste of links golf in the 1995 Scottish Amateur at Carnoustie, when Woods was a 19-year-old amateur. As he walked up the 18th fairway with a two-shot lead, his ball safely behind the green, memories of Dad poured forth.

''After the last putt, I realized my dad's never going to see this again, and I wish he could have seen this one last time,'' Woods said at the trophy presentation. ''He was out there today keeping me calm. I had a very calm feeling the entire week, especially today.''

For DiMarco, his third runner-up finish in the last eight majors came with a consolation prize. He earned enough Ryder Cup points to move from No. 21 to No. 6 in the standings, virtually making him a lock to be on the U.S. team in Ireland two months from now.
schuette

Post by schuette »

I've got a hole in 1 a few times

........okai it was on the ps2 but I still did it ;)
Walkinghairball

Yeah, I am rather good on Golden Tee Golf, but golfing for real.......Not so much.

I still enjoy killin the golf ball.
This space for rent
Me

Post by Me »

CygnusX1 wrote:I just inherited a set from my Dad....I never got into it, because when I was a kid, my dad said: "Hey son, wanna go golfing" and I--being the adventurous type I am, said: "Sure...Let's do it"

Anyway, when we get to the links, I became his CADDY 'cuz he KNEW I couldn't drive a golfball, so years went by, I FINALLY got to the driving range, and JUST started golfing with my friend....

We were lucky enuff to get PRACTICE tickets to The Masters down in Augusta a few years ago, and we were watching Tiger goofing around on the (Seventh?) approach to the green, which is a penninsula...Tiger was using a WOOD, and SKIPPING balls across the water onto the green...no bullshit...

He's THAT good :headbang:
WOW :shock: That's pretty cool cyg I didn't see this yesterday when I post the later :? That is wierd being able to skip balls off water onto the green :shock: It was nice seeing Tiger win this weekend. :-D

I'm not any good at playing and probably will never be able to play again but at least I had that one time :-D
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

oh man..Tiger's got it all....his wife is PIE too *drools*

did you see the 100ft. yacht he bought her? SHA-WEEEEEET!!!!!
Don't start none...won't be none.
YYZ30

Post by YYZ30 »

CygnusX1 wrote:oh man..Tiger's got it all....his wife is PIE too *drools*

did you see the 100ft. yacht he bought her? SHA-WEEEEEET!!!!!
Tiger played his ASS off this weekend I watched parts of the BO. Wow is about all I can say.
Me

Post by Me »

I have not seen the ship he bought nor know who he is married to. From what I've read and seen he seems like a good person, besides being able to play golf like no other. I'm envious of his relation ship with his dad and have learned from that, to share as much time with my son as possible.