Rush tour stories/experiences

All Rush, all the time

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

YYZ30

Post by YYZ30 »

RtB 1991...just outside the Worcester Centrum...waiting in the COLD for our ride (yeah I was 18 with no license so sue me), and he finally shows with two sorority girls in tow, drunk off of their asses (adding to the festive mood we were already in) Anyways, we start to navigate through traffic, and we're stuck, and I'm looking out the driver's side back window, and a limo pulls up and I joke "Hey wouldn't this be funny if this were the boys?"

Someone rolls down the window in the limo and waves to me.

It was Geddy! :shock:
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

YYZ30 wrote:RtB 1991...just outside the Worcester Centrum...waiting in the COLD for our ride (yeah I was 18 with no license so sue me), and he finally shows with two sorority girls in tow, drunk off of their asses (adding to the festive mood we were already in) Anyways, we start to navigate through traffic, and we're stuck, and I'm looking out the driver's side back window, and a limo pulls up and I joke "Hey wouldn't this be funny if this were the boys?"

Someone rolls down the window in the limo and waves to me.

It was Geddy! :shock:
Cool! I got one to tell too...actually TWO...bbs...
Don't start none...won't be none.
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

1979: I'm 18 and on Navy Liberty in Bridgetown, Barbados (yeah mon, West Indies...and I'd go back in a HEARTBEAT)

Anyway, I'm tooling down the street lookin' for a kiosk to get a drink, and picture a place where a caucasian is a minority...not many, so I see this young, long-haired dude and his girl walking by the shops...upon closer inspection, it's ALEX AND CHAR!!! :headbang:

To cut-to-the-chase, I ever-so-humbly asked him for the autograph and apologized for bothering him on vacation, cuz I KNOW they went there to GET AWAY...He obliged happily, thanked me for serving my country, and even gave me a autograph for my sister, who's a fan as well.....good times--good times. :-D

OH BTW!!! I asked him where Ged and Neil were, and he told me JAMAICA....hyeah mon...you do the math. :headbang:
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

2003--Vapor Trails Tour

Sigette an I get tickets to see 'em ....NO opening act (Like they NEED one?)....

Halfway through, they do the acoustic "Resist" set, then back to ROCK...up outta nowhere comes this NASTY thunderstorm (I believe during "One Small Victory")...We're outdoors (but under a canopy), rain blowing SIDEWAYS across the stage, and the guys didn't miss a STROKE...

Alex caught the worst of it, as it blew from stage left to stage right....I hope to be THAT tough onstage someday! :headbang:

In his oft-funny way of interacting with the fans, after the tune Ged says:

"Please don't think we brought this storm WITH us!" That was cool.
schuette

Post by schuette »

brilliant stories guys :-D
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

((((((thanx Schu :*))))))) :-D
YYZ30

Post by YYZ30 »

(I forgot this one)

R30- the forecast was for rain later in the evening- however my tickets were under the pavilion so I knew I wouldn't get wet. As the sun set, you could see the sky was gedding more and more menacing, but it didn't rain.

The boys went to break and I wander off to the side of the pavilion to look at the sky...big thunderheads...but barely a drop of rain. Wandered back to my seat, and the second set started- wouldn't you know the first note of Tom Sawyer started a deluge that started to flood the walkways?
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

YYZ30 wrote:(I forgot this one)

R30- the forecast was for rain later in the evening- however my tickets were under the pavilion so I knew I wouldn't get wet. As the sun set, you could see the sky was gedding more and more menacing, but it didn't rain.

The boys went to break and I wander off to the side of the pavilion to look at the sky...big thunderheads...but barely a drop of rain. Wandered back to my seat, and the second set started- wouldn't you know the first note of Tom Sawyer started a deluge that started to flood the walkways?
dude...were we at the same show? did I Ged the tour mixed up?

PM me....I gots ta know... :-D
Me

Post by Me »

I don't know why but I can feel the excitment in the air, hopefully an announcement will be coming soon. Gina an I didn't go to any concerts this year saving up for "Rush" IMO they just give the finest show on earth a great value for the money. They truely are my heros, I didn't have any growing up other than Mr. Green Jeans and Bozo the clown. :-D At any rate we are already planning on going out west to see them down to Virgina to see them with splithead sections and her boyfriend which are very good friends of ours thanks to "Rush" and of course all around the Philly area, Rush surely has helped us to get through some rough times.
Thanks H3WMW for starting this thread and enjoy hearing all the stories I don't have any of meeting them but that is ok here is an old one I wrote and next tour I'll write another one from the heart well maybe four or five one for every concert :-D Oh' and lots of T-shirts can't wait!

A gourmet meal for my heart, body and soul

Arriving in the heat of our descending sun, tail gate conversations and patterns of the atmosphere changing to a time in reality, enjoying life.

War ship looming on the horizon, with all it's mistaken might,
euphoria stores, beer of the world, wheel chair conversations passing the time. Shadows of ourselves atmospheric break down, blazing colors, faces of smoke suspended in time and space.

To a symphony of remembrances Finding My Way, Anthem, Bastille Day, A Passage To Bangkok, Cygnus X-1 and Hemispheres overture.

A brilliant start of virtuoso sounds. Onto The Spirit Of Radio as dusk settles into night and beams of green stabbing the atmosphere of Force Ten. Animate in a light of themselves to Subdivisions, Earth-shine and Red Barchetta. Dancing in my mind like an impressionist pallet of sounds and colors of the heart. Clenching skulls Roll The Bones and storms of electrical thunder blowing winds of a dragon spewing brilliant slivers of harmonious colors floating in from above... to Bravado, YYZ, The Trees and the Seeker to One Little Victory

Intermission... I was amazed at how the time flew by yet standing still in an array of meaningful lyrics and music to my ears enhanced with an awesome light show. Wandering out looking for the lost Xanadu among people covered in mud with faces blurred, minding my own business.

Heading back to bobble head battles with a dragon and a desire for a t-shirt. The journey of my senses exploding in sounds of the heart, colors of light, smells, touch and tastes of humanity to Tom Sawyer one of my favorites. Onto Dream-line and Secret Touch encircled Between The Wheels of my drifting colors caught in a colander of webs with blue eyes rising above letting it happen with Mystic Rhythms and Red-sector A to Neil solo always exciting me, a true virtuoso on the drums! Continuing on to acoustic Resist a melody to my heart Full of Soul on to 2112 with Geddys friend the red parrot and red bass, everyother song he used his black bass.
During la Villa Strangiato...
Alex rant of it's not fair they got everything over there, the dryers....of course my mind thinking humanity's down fall for not sharing. Onto By-Tor and The Snow Dog arriving to Xanadu and Working Man to the encores of Summer Time Blues, Crossroads and Limelight a beautiful ending to an awesome night.
When evil is allowed to compete with good, evil has an emotional populist appeal that wins out unless good men & women stand as a vanguard against abuse.
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

Sweet.
Onward and Upward!